Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33217&p=860058

:)

I honestly could not believe how hard it was to find that topic... the search came up blank for everything

I tried, including "VF-0", "reissue", and "droop." :blink:

The forum search function is just extremely picky in what it thinks matches the criteria you type in.

Thanks so much! Yes, I did a search when you first mentioned it and couldn't come up with anything. It's been saved and I will attempt it soon.

So I guess I'm the only on who thinks the color is way too grey and looks kind of ugly.

It's exactly as grey as the "real" thing. And was the primary issue with the previous tests----too saturated, not enough grey. More than any hue or brightness change, it needed to be greyer to match the show.

It's like saying the YF-19 is an ugly shade of sandy-beige---yes, it may be----but that's what color it is!

It's exactly as grey as the "real" thing. And was the primary issue with the previous tests----too saturated, not enough grey. More than any hue or brightness change, it needed to be greyer to match the show.

It's like saying the YF-19 is an ugly shade of sandy-beige---yes, it may be----but that's what color it is!

So do you think this is finally the right shade and colour?

For me, it doesn't matter if this is a photoshop job or not. If AmiAmi did this on their own or if they did this after taking direction from Arcadia to get an accurate set of photos that better simulates the color of final retail toy then it's still very helpful indeed.

To quote the great feline philosopher Garfield, "Big, fat, hairy deal."

Guest davidwhangchoi

it doesn't say anything either way. the colors may or may not be the same on the final production.

it's the same as looking at concept artwork... so i'll hold off judgement on the colors as it could be even better or worse.

AFAIK HLJ was able to fulfill all the pre-orders last year on the YF-19.

i was actually referring to cancelling and pre-ordering again to avail extra discount. Any sane people would cancel their PO back then to get another one. Of course, it is just speculation on my part.

Arcadia update dev diary:

http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-11953970808.html

• says T-2 (test 0d grey and red color)
  • the red represents the die cast parts
  • shows extent range of motion of the hip joints
  • deadline to pre order is 11/20

Uploaded to photobucket

0DT2_zpsfab0d185.png

edit: did not upload the range of the hips since I find nothing amusing there. The range is still limited to the design since the intake will always hit the fuselage

Edited by chyll2

Interesting indeed, but I'm happy with the placement of die-cast.

And good for Arcadia managing production by instituting/continuing what is basically a made to order run for the VF-0D.

-b.

*but yeah, a nice sale on pre-orders at HLJ would have been nice B))