Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Its back to 3 only pre-orders of the VF-0D for me.. my son has had a change of heart and would prefer to complete his Frontier Valkyrie collection instead and not collect Valks from any other series..

But this may only work out harder for me as not only does he still need a Michael, Ozma & a VF-25A (+ various add on parts for them), he also wants all the YF-29 variants AND a YF-30!

even if you get them at SRP, those would cost a bomb.

Its back to 3 only pre-orders of the VF-0D for me.. my son has had a change of heart and would prefer to complete his Frontier Valkyrie collection instead and not collect Valks from any other series..

But this may only work out harder for me as not only does he still need a Michael, Ozma & a VF-25A (+ various add on parts for them), he also wants all the YF-29 variants AND a YF-30!

Sheesh. You must be one hell of a dad to agree to that. If I didn't have those already, I wouldn't even consider getting them for myself at this point. Just trying to get an Alto YF-29 and the add-on parts for it and Ozma's 25S alone (full armor and super parts) would cost a small fortune...

That's thousands of dollars. I would make that the lesson on "sometimes we don't get everything we want."

Guest davidwhangchoi

spanner76, you've always been a generous guy, always paying top dollar, when buying one of my high priced valks in the past, i would sell/trade some stuff to lessen putting it all on a credit card.

Big difference between these folding wings, and something like the Sv-51 or YF-21... those wings were downward folds that had to stayup against gravity. The VF-0D's wingtips fold upwards, and away from gravity, so their weight will help hold them open, if it has any effect on them at all (assuming you don't mount the plane upside down., in which case, you're on your own. ^_^)

Sure, except even though they fold up gravity is still acting on them. If there is no tab, will they eventually just flop down toward the ground? I am assuming there is a tab to keep that from happening, but there have been odd choices when it comes to those kind of hinges from this company in the past. I am just going to assume they will engineer them similarly to the tail fins on the other valks and have a physical means of stopping at that angle. Even the vf-4 has an odd tail fin hinge that can be difficult to get into correct position though.

Also, a little concerned that I am willing to pay vf-4 prices for what appears to be vf-1 engineering. :blink:

even if you get them at SRP, those would cost a bomb.

Over the long term yes its gonna be one heck of a financial outlay.. but ultimately I don't mind so much. Its pretty cool that we share a common interest and a good one too!

Sheesh. You must be one hell of a dad to agree to that. If I didn't have those already, I wouldn't even consider getting them for myself at this point. Just trying to get an Alto YF-29 and the add-on parts for it and Ozma's 25S alone (full armor and super parts) would cost a small fortune...

The Alto 29 is right at the top of my sons "most wanted" list! I'll work away slowly at his collection..

That's thousands of dollars. I would make that the lesson on "sometimes we don't get everything we want."

Yeah but my son has been pretty good up till into his early teens, never really asked for a lot and never causes trouble and does well at school so in reward im more than happy to do this for him.

spanner76, you've always been a generous guy, always paying top dollar, when buying one of my high priced valks in the past, i would sell/trade some stuff to lessen putting it all on a credit card.

Hehe! thanks for the kind words mate! And yes the credit card is an easy thing to load up but I'll only use it when its convenient.. but im definitely not going to make the mistake again of selling stuff off.. well certainly not anything Macross anyways! :p

Edited by spanner76

Wow! How old is your son again, spanner? :lol: True, you really need some serious dough here. If not, pray that they're going to reissue everything down the line so you'll get it cheaper than prices today. Btw, does your son knows how expensive your hobby is? ;)

Wow! How old is your son again, spanner? :lol: True, you really need some serious dough here. If not, pray that they're going to reissue everything down the line so you'll get it cheaper than prices today. Btw, does your son knows how expensive your hobby is? ;)

Hey, my son is nearly 14. It would probably make sense to just wait for the re-issues but that could take ages.. I don't mind paying reasonable money for a Valkyrie if its the right condition. But yeah many of what is available now is just overpriced.. And yes he know's very well how expensive this hobby is! :lol:

i'll be following your parenting style, spanner76! sounds like you have an awesome kid! you must be doing something right! =)

Hehe! thanks for that McFly! good to see I can have a good influence on someone! Yeah he is a pretty cool kid! I'd like to think I am doing something right raising him! I don't necessarily want to spoil him, I just want him to have more of a childhood than I had.. I think its important for kids to grow up and still feel like a kid and enjoy their youth before the varied realities of adulthood come in.. ^_^

Edited by spanner76

Hahaha! That's true. It will take ages for sure. :lol: I'm preparing myself that hopefully before I turn 50, I should have swoosh-swoosh all around my toy valks. And hope that I already have the reissue or renewal VF-4G in Flashback 2012 version and a reissue of 1/3000 SDF-1. If not... hope a Porsche. ^_^

Hahaha! That's true. It will take ages for sure. :lol: I'm preparing myself that hopefully before I turn 50, I should have swoosh-swoosh all around my toy valks. And hope that I already have the reissue or renewal VF-4G in Flashback 2012 version and a reissue of 1/3000 SDF-1. If not... hope a Porsche. ^_^

hehe! a Porsche 911 would be awesome! but im aiming for a new Ford Mustang GT 5.0 when they land here (Australia) next year! :D either then or 2016.. depending on my financial position.. ;)

Hehe! thanks for that McFly! good to see I can have a good influence on someone! Yeah he is a pretty cool kid! I'd like to think I am doing something right raising him! I don't necessarily want to spoil him, I just want him to have more of a childhood than I had.. I think its important for kids to grow up and still feel like a kid and enjoy their youth before the varied realities of adulthood come in.. ^_^

don't mention it! i'm aiming to not spoil my son, too but, because he's my first-born it's challenging ahaha! totally agree with your thinking though! my dad was a class act, it's going to be tough to achieve even a tenth of the job he did for us.

don't mention it! i'm aiming to not spoil my son, too but, because he's my first-born it's challenging ahaha! totally agree with your thinking though! my dad was a class act, it's going to be tough to achieve even a tenth of the job he did for us.

my son is indeed my only child and my whole life which of course makes it hard not to spoil him! :lol:

I just want him to have what I didn't at his age.. my parents had already divorced long before I was his age and for a while there things were a little rough.. :unsure:

my son is indeed my only child and my whole life which of course makes it hard not to spoil him! :lol:

I just want him to have what I didn't at his age.. my parents had already divorced long before I was his age and for a while there things were a little rough.. :unsure:

Hahaha! Here's to our kids, may they be gentlemen (and ladies, for those of you with daughters) and scholars!

Hi spanner

If you want someone to spoil, I am volunteering myself. Please adopt me. I only need 1 valk a month. ^_^

I am officially calling page 66 as a Spanner a good father thread :p

Hahaha! Here's to our kids, may they be gentlemen (and ladies, for those of you with daughters) and scholars!

I'll raise my glass to that! Cheers! ;)

Hi spanner

If you want someone to spoil, I am volunteering myself. Please adopt me. I only need 1 valk a month. ^_^

I am officially calling page 66 as a Spanner a good father thread :p

Hehe! 1 Valkyrie per month does sound quite fair but sadly im not in a position to adopt anyone at this stage!

and LOL @ good father thread! thanks mate! you making me blush!

post-21335-0-20258600-1414097539.jpg

maybe we all better get back to the initial thread topic! :p

I understand he'll appreciate it when he grows up

Yea I'm officially out, I can't wait any longer for new news or pics, I'll be spending the money on a white X1 bundle instead, they're now down to $350. I'd still like a VF-0 in my collection, but it's just too close to Christmas to keep sitting on that much money, hopefully the color does indeed get fixed and I can look forward to possibly getting one or even a VF-0S re-release in the future, my old 0S sucked and fell apart.

I'm pretty happy with my VF-0S with the exception of the floppy arms, but I generally prefer to keep it in fighter mode anyways. I pre-ordered one of these, hopefully they reissue the VF-0A with Ghost bundle or make a renewal version based on this mold and I can complete my VF-0 collection. Heck I might even get a cannon fodder version if this is any good and they do a renewal of that as well.