Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just look at the often maligned YF-19, nowhere to be found on sale or warming the shelf

-b.

repeating it again. it was made to order like the vf-4g so there not many leftovers.

Perhaps we need to define what makes a shelf-warmer....when it comes to Macross toys...I'd say a shelf-warmer is anything that manages to linger long enough to receive a steep discount (Black Friday sales not included!)....in other words, practically every Macross toy ever made by Yamato! :rolleyes:

With that said, I do not think the VF-0D will achieve that undignified status....and not because it does not deserve that status....but because these things are not being produced in the same numbers anymore thus minimizing the opportunity for it to become a shelf-warmer....now a days...it has to be almost universally reviled to achieve the shelf-warmer status....Anniversario anyone?? (up next, VF-19 Goldenrod edition?)

If the VF-0D was being released by Yamato....then it'd be keeping the shelves toasty well into Christmas 2015!!!.... ;)

shelf warmer does not equate to steep discounts.

Vf-17D/ Fast packs, shelf warmer. never on clearance.

vf-19F same. (actually this did go on clearance once) zolar patrol same. never steep discounts.

what defines a shelf warmer? it's sitting on the shelves. the discount is if stores are trying to move fast.

Was the rainbow valk a shelf warmer just bc the price was cut in half and it's been out less than a year? no. its just that store wanted to move it bc the owners think they are going to be of no value.

It hasn't been out as long as the vf-17D. but it can be considered something that the owner perceived undesirable or a future shelf warmer that they didn't think its worth keeping around. like bad stock.

VF-17D has been out a loooooong time. no huge price cuts. perhaps owners see it's value.

OD will be similar. no price cuts. bc it's a high value valk but will sit in some places for quite a bit. but i'm not buying this is low print. maybe being printed modestly. This is arcadia not bandai. pre orders will last a long time. whatever they print will outlast demand.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

shelf warmer does not equate to steep discounts.

Vf-17D/ Fast packs, shelf warmer. never on clearance.

vf-19F same. (actually this did go on clearance once) zolar patrol same. never steep discounts.

tell that to HKCollectibles.... ;)

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7150-super-pack-for-vf-17-30th-anniversary.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7131-vf-19f-emerald-force-30th-anniversary.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7149-vf-17d-nightmare-diamond-force.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7132-vf-17d-nightmare-with-super-pack-30th-anniversary.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7151-vf-19p-planet-zola-patrol-color.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/7239-vf-1j-30th-anniversary-ltd.html

If anything, you should be able to see a strong correlation between achieving "shelf-warmer" status and a corresponding slashed/discounted price.

Of course, their are several other factors involved that contribute to the making of a shelf-warmer.....I just pointed out the most obvious one...the one aspect that only materializes "after" release.....I think your case for arguing why the VF-0D will become a shelf-warmer is in need of "predictors"....

IMO, the main predictors of a future shelf warmer are popularity, quantity produced and price.....

I do not think the VF-0D is the most popular VF and clearly folks are not happy with its price......however, Arcadia is not producing in "Yamato" quantities anymore......the VF-0D will not languish on shelves for exactly the same reasons their YF-19 did not......"newness" and low production quantities......unfortunately, the 300 dollar price tag is the "new normal".....and there are still enough Macross fans out there with the disposable income to buy up the new level of supply that Arcadia is now making available....it will not have a chance to become a shelf-warmer

Guest davidwhangchoi

those are exactly the not significant discounts i was talking about.

converted to USD:

17D/fast packs 260 +shipping

zolar 219 +shipping

17D = 244 + shipping

19F = 217+ shipping

those have been the prices for over 2 years. and they haven't moved!!!

you know these have been sitting there :rolleyes::p:D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Exactly.....

But how many Arcadia YF-19's does he have left?

None. The same will happen with the VF-0D.....even a secondary shop like HKC will sell-out.....

Arcadia is not releasing product in the same amounts that Yamato previously did....as long as it is not something like the Anniversario or Golden Kai....it will not be around for long.....the VF-0D is not in the same category as the Anni and Golden Kai....those two are just plain boneheaded releases.....hopefully not enough to get Arcadia in financial trouble....

Edited by jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

Exactly.....

But how many Arcadia YF-19's does he have left?

None. The same will happen with the VF-0D.....even a secondary shop like HKC will sell-out.....

Arcadia is not releasing product in the same amounts that Yamato previously did....as long as it is not something like the Anniversario or Golden Kai....it will not be around for long.....the VF-0D is not in the same category as the Anni and Golden Kai....those two are just plain boneheaded releases.....hopefully not enough to get Arcadia in financial trouble....

the yf-19 were made to order. so it went the way of the 4g (repeated)

0D is a general release.

the yf-19 were made to order. so it went the way of the 4g (repeated)

0D is a general release.

You really believe that one year after initial release...the VF-0D will be readily available at shops like AmiAm and HLJ?

Not sure why you keep pointing out that the VF-0D is a "general release".....Arcadia's definition, in terms of quantity, for a general release has changed....a general release now is most likely akin to the numbers of what a "made to order" or 'limited release" was before during the Yamato days....that is why a release like the VF-0D will sell-out before becoming a discounted shelf-warmer....

Not sure I or anyone else can convince you that the VF-0D will not end up a shelf-warmer....so before this turns into a gubaba-style pissing contest and you go all gubaba on me... :lol: ....I'll agree to disagree with you... :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

You really believe that one year after initial release...the VF-0D will be readily available at shops like AmiAm and HLJ?

no pissing match: we're buddies, but when there's faulty evidence, i will say it's inaccurate: (i'm not sure why you're throwing in another MW's name in here, as it's sorta condescending/insulting someone else who's not in this discussion)

first off there's no point to talk about amiami as they are known for having very limited stock after early bird pre-orders are released. even with shelf warmers valks, amiami does not to keep in current stock very often so that's faulty evidence premise:

i'll list the stores and these are based on past evidence:

stores with severely limited or zero inventory of pre-orders after release date based on past evidence:

amiami

anime export

hobby search

Cdjapan

biginjapan

Stores that carry stock after preorders are released

HLJ

NY

HKC

so to answer your question amiami: no

hlj, hkc, nippon yasan: yes

of course you can end up 100% right. even yamatos 30th vf-1d w option sold out fast bc of low print. i'm not stupid :p (me and you talk about market prices all the time. and you're a trusted source) but i'm responding with automated brainless posts bc the guessing is based on past "made to order valks" and saying arcadia is going low numbers. that's faulty evidence.

third you brought up clearance prices for HKC. they marked everything clearance: vf-17d standalone for 244 marked clearance is a joke. it doesn't have credibility.

why am i not convinced arcadia will sell out of these? bc i think they've shown bad judgement in their release timing and pricing so far for general releases.

the price of the vf-1s roy, hikuru was terrible.

the rainbow valk.... no comment

the 19 kai price no comment

the 1j armor price though its not revealed: it's going to be something up there by the kai.

once i saw the price of the 0D...

i don't think arcadia is as savy as bandai in the market...

aside from the evidence, i do think it's possible what you are saying is true as you and i have a nose for the market's predictability.

all i am saying is give me some evidence that's credible that the 0D will be printed low.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

no pissing match: we're buddies, but when there's faulty evidence, i will say it's inaccurate: (i'm not sure why you're throwing in another MW's name in here, as it's sorta condescending/insulting someone else who's not in this discussion)

first off there's no point to talk about amiami as they are known for having very limited stock after early bird pre-orders are released. even with shelf warmers valks, amiami does not to keep in current stock very often so that's faulty evidence premise:

i'll list the stores and these are based on past evidence:

stores with severely limited or zero inventory of pre-orders after release date based on past evidence:

amiami

anime export

hobby search

Cdjapan

biginjapan

Stores that carry stock after preorders are released

HLJ

NY

HKC

so to answer your question amiami: no

hlj, hkc, nippon yasan: yes

of course you can end up 100% right. even yamatos 30th vf-1d w option sold out fast bc of low print. i'm not stupid :p (me and you talk about market prices all the time. and you're a trusted source) but i'm responding with automated brainless posts bc the guessing is based on past "made to order valks" and saying arcadia is going low numbers. that's faulty evidence.

third you brought up clearance prices for HKC. they marked everything clearance: vf-17d standalone for 244 marked clearance is a joke. it doesn't have credibility.

why am i not convinced arcadia will sell out of these? bc i think they've shown bad judgement in their release timing and pricing so far for general releases.

the price of the vf-1s roy, hikuru was terrible.

the rainbow valk.... no comment

the 19 kai price no comment

the 1j armor price though its not revealed: it's going to be something up there by the kai.

once i saw the price of the 0D...

i don't think arcadia is as savy as bandai in the market...

aside from the evidence, i do think it's possible what you are saying is true as you and i have a nose for the market's predictability.

all i am saying is give me some evidence that's credible that the 0D will be printed low.

LOL.....I think we have taken "complaining about new releases" to a whole new level/category.....whether or not a release will be a shelf-warmer!!!.... :lol:

I think that is the whole point....no one has any kind of credible evidence one way or another...those who may possibly be "in the know" are smart enough to keep confidential info to themselves so they can continue to remain "in the know"......for the rest of us, it's all just "educated" guesses based on the recent history.....I have to believe that Arcadia, at minimum, is not creating one of the same mistakes that Yamato did: over-saturating the market with any one release.....I agree, as several others probably do, that Arcadia's decisions on the selection of releases is still out-of-touch.....however, assuming that reduction of supply is part of the "new" Yamato (AKA Arcadia) business strategy....and I think that is a logical conclusion, would you keep over-producing product if that was an obvious problem during your previous business existence?.....then it is safe to say that "new" molds will not become shelf-warmers under the new low-production count releases.....the VF-0D being the 2nd "new" mold.....

I think your thoughts on this one betray you Lord David.... ^_^ ...however, if you turn out to be correct, I have slim hopes for Arcadia's long-term survival..... ;) (Bandai....you're our only hope?)

Yeah...at this point I'm just going to agree to disagree about how well, or not, the VF-0D will sell. With my position that Arcadia will produce enough to meet initial demand with very, very small over run and that these will not be readily available for long amounts of time (a la Arcadia YF-19 which is sold out and never stayed available for very long or went on deep discount).

Though, to add another dimension to the discussion I don't think the price will increase like the VF-4G on the secondary market, at least no time soon.

-b.

*edit to add

That there is a difference between "web or other exclusive" - VF-4G, VF-X and "made to order" - Arcadia YF-19, Arcadia Roy VF-1S and Hikaru VF-1S. Since anecdotal evidence is needed ( :p).

Also, N-Y marked up the price of the YF-19 to 36,500 JPY over the SRP of 32,800 JPY, something they only do for items in high demand or limited stock.

In my opinion general release should not be used as a phrase to illustrate that the VF-0D will be produced in some unsustainable mass quantity leading to stock overages. This thing will be made to fill retailer orders + small extra. Why in the world would Arcadia print a gazillion of them fresh off of Yamato's failure for doing just that? It just makes no sense.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I hope it sells well, at least well enough to demonstrate interest in Zero justifying a new SV-51. I wouldn't mind adding the 0D to my collection, but I'm not sure I'll have the funds for it. If a new Ivanov comes out, though, I'll find a way. The 51 is one of my favorite designs; my Yammie has held up pretty well over the years, but I'd be interested in picking up a new one with (hopefully) improved joints.

I hope it sells well, at least well enough to demonstrate interest in Zero justifying a new SV-51. I wouldn't mind adding the 0D to my collection, but I'm not sure I'll have the funds for it. If a new Ivanov comes out, though, I'll find a way. The 51 is one of my favorite designs; my Yammie has held up pretty well over the years, but I'd be interested in picking up a new one with (hopefully) improved joints.

Yeah, that and I've always felt that a collection isn't complete without the bad guys!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think your thoughts on this one betray you Lord David.... ^_^ ...however, if you turn out to be correct, I have slim hopes for Arcadia's long-term survival..... ;) (Bandai....you're our only hope?)

both of you come join me. give in to your hate. you don't know the power of the Dark Side. it is your destiny. Arcadia will mess it up and print more 0Ds

Though, to add another dimension to the discussion I don't think the price will increase like the VF-4G on the secondary market, at least no time soon.

-b.

this part i 100% agree with.

come on guys! im offering you guys to take my valks for free. since its a sure thing. heh heh heh (i want a free 0D)

btw, JV, i actually agree with your line of reasoning and it makes sense. but i think the facts you are bringing to the debate have holes in it even if your points are very sound. i'll say it again the viewpoint you have is very fair and sound. im just saying the HKC clearance links and using amiami having stock as an indicator after a year are ridiculous points. So i'll just hold my point until its unproven.

we ll find out soon. but remember there an offer to take two of my valks! but there will be either crow eating or i told you so from me.

i'm convinced the price point will steer the majority away whatever print,

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think the reason why Arcadia released the YF-19 and the VF-0D is that Yamato already developed these toys and planned on releasing them next thus a good portion of the development work was already done. I wonder what the next new mold will be. I hope that there will be a new mold. :)

those are exactly the not significant discounts i was talking about.

converted to USD:

17D/fast packs 260 +shipping

zolar 219 +shipping

17D = 244 + shipping

19F = 217+ shipping

those have been the prices for over 2 years. and they haven't moved!!!

you know these have been sitting there :rolleyes::p:D

I think HK basically bought all Yamato dead stock that wasn't previously shipped. haha. Just more proof they made too many pieces.

Edited by Gakken85

i dunno. MAYBE the 19, but i think the 0D is all Arcadia...

He's right, Yamato commissioned the VF-0D before the YF-19. The release of the VF-19Kai received such positive response that Yamato pushed the 0D back and sped up plans on the YF-19. Yamato then failed before officially teasing the YF-19.

I really hope Arcadia is able to build up some momentum at some point. I'm scared for them as a company given the infrequency of their releases, the incredibly low volume, and the exorbitant prices. I also wouldn't want to live and die by the strength of the MacrossZero license so I hope they can figure out a way to revisit SDF Macross in more ways than a GBP + Hikaru reissue. I think there must be something interesting happening with licenses behind the scenes... like Arcadia only has a limited license for Macross Plus and SDF Macross. I heard a rumor that Bandai might be very upset about a couple things Arcadia has done in its short existence.

Arcadia didn't do anything Frontier, T-Rex did but again, that's no biggy. To paint in broad swaths, the rumor was Bandai thought a couple licenses would move to them but instead Arcadia used them. So I guess it might be more accurate to say Bandai is a little peeved with BigWest for not making things clear. I doubt it matters much since Bandai has licenses it's obviously focusing on.