Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's kind of a rich bet buddy, throw in a VF-1A Cavaliers and you're on! :ph34r:

-b.

haha

i don't think they sold that many vf-4g's. but that and the yf-19 were made to order. so there's not many extras around.

don't get me wrong 4g a great plane but it was about 330 for it and not many were going nuts for it until yamato went out of business.

i do agree with mommar that plane people will love it as well as skull's that this will do better than any M7 fighter. as well as your assertions that zero collectors were waiting for this.

but at what price, i got those planes at 200 range... as well as the unknown soldier and nora was on clearance at hlj telling that zeros were not big sellers being in the bargain bin at the under 200 price range. if this is not made to order, then i see this being a shelf warmer unless they print very little. i doubt we'll ever see it on clearance such as the vf-17d never did as a shelf warmer.

anyways, i'll get my own 0D, you don't have to lose to me B)):p

but i need some monies for this... hopefully i'll get a return on some money by years end.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

haha

i don't think they sold that many vf-4g's. but that and the yf-19 were made to order. so there's not many extras around.

don't get me wrong 4g a great plane but it was about 330 for it and not many were going nuts for it until yamato went out of business.

i do agree with mommar that plane people will love it as well as skull's that this will do better than any M7 fighter. as well as your assertions that zero collectors were waiting for this.

but at what price, i got those planes at 200 range... as well as the unknown soldier and nora was on clearance at hlj telling that zeros were not big sellers being in the bargain bin at the under 200 price range. if this is not made to order, then i see this being a shelf warmer unless they print very little. i doubt we'll ever see it on clearance such as the vf-17d never did as a shelf warmer.

but i need some monies for this... hopefully i'll get a return on some money by years end.

Horse poop, the VF-4G had three...3! increased runs. They sold out twice, and Yamato kept pumping more.

Demand was through the roof, at least twice as much as they had thought. I imagine Arcadia doesn't plan on

having more then one main run, with probably 2-3 batches throughout the release time frame.

The only left over VF-4's were cancellations, that I bet people are kicking themselves for now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Horse poop, the VF-4G had three...3! increased runs. They sold out twice, and Yamato kept pumping more.

Demand was through the roof, at least twice as much as they had thought. I imagine Arcadia doesn't plan on

having more then one main run, with probably 2-3 batches throughout the release time frame.

The only left over VF-4's were cancellations, that I bet people are kicking themselves for now.

how many was that? what were the initial numbers and then the increased runs?

the yf-19 arcadia site had three opening and closings as well.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

haha

Color me confused, I thought everyone said the YF-19 was not made to order (I thought it was but I'm sure someone at some point corrected me).

And in Skull is correct that the VF-4G had a few different pre-order windows and I was one that got in on the last one at HLJ. The 4G shot up in price like most other Yamato's because there was uncertainty about the company's future. Not sure about the number produced, but Yamato stated from jump it was made to order and those orders opened up at least (3) times at HLJ - I don't recall what happened at any other stores.

Either way it didn't sit around at primary stores like HLJ, AmiAmi, Hobby Search and I firmly believe that the VF-0D will not warm shelves either. Availability at places like Mandarake and Jungle speak more about how many folks were ready to turn around and sell the ones they purchased.

-b.

how many was that? what were the initial numbers and then the increased runs?

the yf-19 arcadia site had three opening and closings as well.

The 19' had the normal production run opens, pre-orders are in batches. One run, several batches.

The VF-4G closed completely (made to order), then it re-opened, twice. Followed by a Blog post by MrK

about how the E-tailers were emailing them to death for more, since they had sold out pre-orders so much.

They actually increased the initial production run with the manufacturing plant. Which is expensive.

Probably because they knew it was the end of the Yamato's run.

You have to think about a production run, some models will be done first, those models made (the quantity to fill the shipping container).

Ship first, then the next group ships on the next, and so on. Usually 2-3 times. There is no room for containers, so they ship them as soon

as one batch is done. That's why pre-orders come in batches.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Color me confused, I thought everyone said the YF-19 was not made to order (I thought it was but I'm sure someone at some point corrected me).

And in Skull is correct that the VF-4G had a few different pre-order windows and I was one that got in on the last one at HLJ.

-b.

the yf-19 was made to order.

the 4g was made to order bc yamato didn't know how many people wanted it since it was the 4g was a specialty valks that only a niche crowd wanted. we don't know how many were on the intial numbers before they re-opened

how many here have a vf-4g? i'll take a guess prob as many that have an sdf-1 dyrl not that many

at 330 that was a reach.

i'm sure it's in the ball park as the 19. which i'm thinking is not that many.

no where near the numbers a vf-1s or vf-25F mainstream hero valk will sell.

ok, skull if what i'm saying is horsecrap, i'll wager that this will be a shelf warmer. you in? :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

in case you need to look at how many MW members voted on getting the 4g above 300 bucks:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36074&page=1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Has anyone asked Mr K if the "305" modex number for Shin will be printed on the ventral fins etc? To me the printed-on modex numbers are still one of the best things the v2 1/60 M&M 1J's have over the 1/48's, and is still a sore point to me that Grace's -27 has a sticker while Brera's is printed...

All the other "little tampos" are just warning labels/details, but the modex number is unique to the plane (which in the Macross world, means it's the pilot's personal number more or less) Gotta be printed on for each unique colorscheme, since Yamato did it and Bandai usually does.

WHOLLY HELL! I can't believe I am paying this much. I hope this is not the new norm. I am starting to appreciate the Bandai DX line more now. I have been trying to keep my purchases under $200 on my valks, but that is now blown outta the water with the vf-0d. Keeping in mind I know about the vf-4, I just thought that was a limited run kinda thing. I was not interested in the vf-4 at all. Or maybe I am just that out of touch.

VF-0D on preorder at amiami.com for $296.02, only bad thing is they don't accept cancelations. Any one else find a better deal?

N-Y's initial price is slightly better, but their shipping cost is higher. I went with HLJ myself... lowest shipping cost around based on past experience (even if this item will be EMS/FedEx only), and easier to cancel if the need arises, or if the 0D gets included in their expected Black Friday Sale -- order another at the sale price and cancel the more expensive one.

Well I went for it and put in my preorder on hlj,com. I really don't want to miss out on this one. This is my first ever preorder.... EVER!!

Never been worried about getting one before, not like this. Just here lately with all the (Bandai) web exclusives and so on and where I normally shop (eBay) seeing higher and higher prices. Man how things have changed since the good ol Yamato days.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well I went for it and put in my preorder on hlj,com. I really don't want to miss out on this one. This is my first ever preorder.... EVER!!

Never been worried about getting one before, not like this. Just here lately with all the (Bandai) web exclusives and so on and where I normally shop (eBay) seeing higher and higher prices. Man how things have changed since the good ol Yamato days.

you wont regret going with HLJ :) congrats! Spiff

Thank you, thank you very much!

I have bought through hlj before just,

WHOLLY HELL!!!! $312 FREAKING BUCKS less shipping. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Good thing I am trading out all my old unwanted toys for cash. Or this would suck...

Speaking of which add my eBay (VF-0S) to your following list, as now I will be listing all the rest of the Macross/Robotech toys that I have lost interest in. Would you kindly finance my new Arcadia VF-0D for me. Haha....

Silly Bioshock reference there at the end..

No, the 0D was a trainer, and AFAIK the Boosters came in at the last minute, since they hadn't finished the improvements needed to run reactors.

The 0D is a fighter designated by the "F" in VF... Trainers have the designation of VT.

As mechanic mentioned above.. I always assumed that any of the two seaters under the VF designation were combat capable trainers? aren't the VT (& VE) variants meant to be unarmed?

I would have thought that during war time (spacewar 1 for example) that production numbers of combat ready fighters were far more important than wasting airframes on an unarmed "trainer" only variants hence the VF-1D..

The VT-1 to me makes little sense to have.. especially as there wasn't much time to stock up on combat machinery before the war actually began.

Edited by spanner76

^ That kind of depends on whether you're referring to SDFM or DYRL?; after all, the VF-1D is a trainer.

The designation of VT-102 made it a trainer. But obviously it can be armed as a fighter as in the first and second episode. It doesn't make the Virgin Road 1D and all the 1Ds in the procession line a Trainer.

The overall design of the VF-0D points MUCH more heavily towards the F-15E (a two-seat version of a fighter, with higher payload and fuel capacity, and needing a second crewman to fully utilize the advanced weaponry and avionics), than a "trainer" VF-0. And considering Kawamori's background/knowledge, that's likely a big part of the homage/inspiration. (as well as the F-16XL, again)

If it was primarily a trainer---then why was Shin up front and Edgar in back? If they were really teaching Shin to fly a valk with a "proper" trainer, it'd be Roy in the back, yelling at Shin to stop sucking. If it were mainly a trainer---the rear cockpit would be almost useless to Edgar.

They were flying as a pilot/WSO crew, just like the F-14 and F-15E and Tornado IDS.

Yes, most any two-seat version of a fighter can be used as a trainer, and the 0D was being used as such for its first scene---nowadays they often have removable rear flightsticks for that purpose, as the WSO (guy in the back) will usually have unique-to-the-rear-seat side-stick controllers for operating the weapons and radar.

::could use detailed VF-0D rear cockpit drawings if anyone has them::

So that's the likely scenario----used as a trainer that first day as it was the best option (as any two-seater is a better trainer than any single-seater), then reconfigured/operated back to "normal" 0D "strike fighter" configuration as soon as possible.

I don't think the 0D or 1D is necessarily a trainer any more than you would consider a F/A-18F Super Hornet to be a trainer. The two-seat aspect of them just tend to be more suitable for training for obvious reasons.

For live combat, having a RIO is pretty beneficial as it offloads some work from the pilot so they can concentrate more in the actual flying in combat while the RIO spots other aircraft, gives status updates, handle comms, run some avionics, etc.

The 0D and 1D are very much combat fighters which probably have more advanced avionics packages installed in them due to the increased workload capacity that having two people would bring and would be able to better utilize such upgrades.

For the 1D, here's a snippet from the Macross Mecha Manual for the VF-1D page,

A variant to the standard VF-1 Valkyrie, the variable fighter "D" is a two-seater version that features two TV camera "eye" systems within the head unit and slightly upgraded firepower via a second Mauler RÖV-20 anti-aircraft laser cannon. Manufactured by the VF-1 designer Stonewell and Bellcom, the VF-1D ironically saw the fewest compliment of the main four VF-1 variants aboard the SDF-1 Macross, but nonetheless was an active-service variable fighter. A number of VF-1D units were also deployed as advanced training variable fighters, for live weapons and full combat functionality instruction.

So it mentions that the head unit lasers are upgraded, which would make no sense to do for a trainer only vehicle. It also states specifically that it was an active service VF and that only some number of them were designated for training purposes.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Guest davidwhangchoi

the VF-0D has two large canards mounted ahead of the main wings and two ventral stabilizers near the intakes. The increased surface are of the main wing allows the VF-0D to carry 20% greater maximum payload than the VF-0A/S variants and is capable of mounting most former United States/NATO standard aviation weaponry

• - Armament -

Guns:

• 1 x Mauler laser cannon (mounted on head turret)
  • 1 x Howard three-barrel GPU-9 35mm gatling gun pod featuring adjustable rate-of-fire for 60/1,250/2,500 rounds-per-minute, driven by a 90-horsepower electric motor, muzzle velocity 1,100 m/s (550 rounds total, capable of utilizing heavy armor-piercing or AHEAD ammunition).

Bombs & Missiles:

• 4 x underwing variable pylon hard points for 12 x standard Raytheon Bifors AIM-200A AMRAAM 2 I/ALH-guided medium-range air-to-air missiles (three-missile racks, 1/point).
  • or 4 x GH-28A 8-tube general-purpose micro missile launchers (capable of firing 3 volleys).
  • or 2 x HAIM-95A medium-range maneuverability missile launcher pods originally used in attack craft equipment (special attack/assault specification).
  • or a combination of above load-outs
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hehe! but that's why I pre-ordered 4 of em! 3 for me so I can display one in each mode and the 4th for my son.. :D

Battroid looks sooo tall so I might have to put her in a semi aggressive pose in order to fit! stupid ikea Klingsbo cabinets.. should have bought Detolfs.. :wacko:

She's a big bird so I think its gonna be a stretch to fit all 3 on the one shelf! :unsure:

Could end up like the VF-17D w/FP

too expensive.

The VF-17D did have a VF-17S before it that most people bought just for the sheer novelty. And the fast packs were also released separately so they could be had without spending 30,000 Yen!

but @ 39,744.. that's just too much cheddar.. especially seeing how many other stores still have open pre-orders and considerably cheaper you'd be mad to buy one from Amazon..

The only reason i can imagine a japanese buyer getting one from Amazon is QC. If anything seems wrong, money back without a second word. HLJ would probably offer to replace, and the rest we all know about...

Hehe! but that's why I pre-ordered 4 of em! 3 for me so I can display one in each mode and the 4th for my son.. :D

Battroid looks sooo tall so I might have to put her in a semi aggressive pose in order to fit! stupid ikea Klingsbo cabinets.. should have bought Detolfs.. :wacko:

She's a big bird so I think its gonna be a stretch to fit all 3 on the one shelf! :unsure:

Wow! Four!? Then you have to buy a detolf just for all the 0D! :blink:

The VF-17D did have a VF-17S before it that most people bought just for the sheer novelty. And the fast packs were also released separately so they could be had without spending 30,000 Yen!

The only reason i can imagine a japanese buyer getting one from Amazon is QC. If anything seems wrong, money back without a second word. HLJ would probably offer to replace, and the rest we all know about...

oh! fair enough.. I've only ever bought off Amazon USA a hand full of times but never had an issue with anything..

So how much is HLJ charging for shipping? (by which method?)

NY charged 4,700Y for EMS.

You could add the VF-19 w/ Sound Booster to cart at HLJ and use the shipping quote for that as an estimate for the VF-0D.

HLJ will only allow you to ship via EMS once the value exceeds 15000 Yen.

Any word about what will be packed with this bird? VF-4, nothing but extra hands and stand adapters<YF-19 FP, gunpod, extra pilot and a ton of extra missiles. Both almost for the same price (VF-4G was $60 USD cheaper than YF-19 when released, but due to exchange rate paid almost the same for both).

Edited by Froy