Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

BTW...you don't need to commit to a shipping method when you place a PO on HLJ...just add to your cart and submit w/o selecting the shipping method.....

IIRC, NY requires that you select a shipping method before placing the PO...unless that changed?

Yup, NY made me pick the shipping method at PO. Went with EMS.

HLJ still hasn't given me my VF-25F from the most recent order session (July?)...

I sure hope the Ghost booster is compatible, I don't want to have to wait a year or two until a new 0A/S comes out, to have a Ghost to put on it. (the different tailfins may be an issue though)

We'll know for sure if Arcadia includes replacement/optional color-matched "pylon-mounting-capable" conformal tank bits---the Ghosts only came with white and grey ones for Roy and Shin----we'd need blue ones for the 0D.

::off to find a Yamato Ghost booster set::

Well at least we know details about which markings will be printed on and which won't be ( :().

I thought we clarified the whole new parts vs. re-used parts on the VF-0D awhile ago and that everything is new from the top down? Or no?

-b.

Just because the molds are new doesn't mean the CAD files are. Every picture I've seen looks far too similar to the original to be an entirely new design.

Yeah, I really prefer sticking to HLJ for that reason. Every other site's foreign customer service seems to fal somewhere between "lacking" and "HAHAHAHA SCREW YOU SUCKA!"

As far as the molds go, I see almost no difference between this one and the old Yamatos. I really suspect they just tweaked the original CAD models, and made new tooling. The quality might be on an entirely different level, but as someone who will display them in fighter mode anyway, that really doesn't feel like a good reason to re-buy the ones I have.

The VF-0 never really had issues with anime magic anyway, and I still think the original mold holds up just fine visually.

Just because the molds are new doesn't mean the CAD files are. Every picture I've seen looks far too similar to the original to be an entirely new design.

Apologies, I don't understand the question or difference about what's new-new and what's "just" improved or tweaked. No intent to be facetious, I simply don't understand why the question of new vs. old has come up again.

Yamato never produced a VF-0D, and who knows if they had computer aided designs of one or not (let's assume that they did) but as you said I'm sure they were tweaked with new ideas taken from what they've learned from the v2 VF-1's, VF-4G, the new YF-19/VF-19's, etc.

+

New molds.

=

New item.

IIRC this goes along with what Arcadia has said that this is an entirely new design.

The VF-0D looks like a VF-0S and A because the Yamato's were fairly accurate to the design and I suspect they look similar because Arcadia can't reinvent the wheel as it where (a VF-0 will look like a VF-0).

Hopefully that all made sense but when I look at the VF-0D I only see similarities with the Yamato VF-0S/A because they're all from the same family of Valkyrie, not because Arcadia is re-using any particular tooling or design.

-b.

Oh, all I mean is that just because this is made with new molds that have just been tooled by Arcadia, it does not mean that they aren't still in possession of the CAD/CAM models used to produce the original molds for the Yamato VF-0, so unless a part is significantly different for the VF-0D, I suspect they're re-using the old CAD drawings to save on labor.

It's the same as making a new run of resin recasts off of a master model. You can tweak the master to make the molds better if you know what to look for, but the basic design is already established.

Whatever changes they've made to the internal mechanisms will definitely show, but a very large amount of the parts I see in those shots look identical to the Yamato VF-0, which is perfectly fine, because they really had nothing wrong with them to begin with.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well at least we know details about which markings will be printed on and which won't be ( :().

I thought we clarified the whole new parts vs. re-used parts on the VF-0D awhile ago and that everything is new from the top down? Or no?

-b.

People in this thread are saying that not a lot of changes were made... even though changes were made to the original releases.

Just trying to clear it up as it's all speculation.

"it looks the same."

"it's probably the same cad files."

I think the legs look a lot different to me.

Edited by Gakken85

Oh, all I mean is that just because this is made with new molds that have just been tooled by Arcadia, does not mean that they aren't still in possession of the CAD/CAM models used to produce the molds for the Yamato VF-0, so unless a part is significantly different for the VF-0D, I suspect they're re-using the old CAD drawings to save on labor.

It's the same as making a new run of resin recasts off of a master model. You can tweak the master to make the molds better if you know what to look for, but the basic design is already established.

Whatever changes they've made to the internal mechanisms will definitely show, but a very large amount of the parts I see in those shots look identical to the Yamato VF-0, which is perfectly fine, because they really had nothing wrong with them to begin with.

People in this thread are saying that not a lot of changes were made... even though changes were made to the original releases.

Just trying to clear it up as it's all speculation.

"it looks the same."

"it's probably the same cad files."

I think the legs look a lot different to me.

Gotcha.

Well it looks new-enough for me, and I agree that despite poor execution with regards to materials (exploding arms) and fit and finish (saggy cockpit in Fighter mode) Yamato did an ok job on the 0S/A from an aesthetic standpoint.

And honestly with the decision to buy at this price I'm going to hold onto just a tad bit of willful ignorance so that I can continue to justify the purchase ( :lol:). And I'm also starting to really miss Yamato and Yamato-age prices too.

-b.

I think he's saying and thinking that I'm asking about new releases.

0A/Sをやった場合は、0Dで共有可能なパーツを流用すると思います。 (返答が間違っていたらごめんなさい)

I think if I did 0a 0 D be diverted parts that can be shared. ( answer if I'm wrong I'm sorry )

That they would use it to make new arcadia releases.

Edited by Gakken85

That was more the global economy being completely different.

If Yamato was still around today they'd have to charge the same... but they aren't around haha

Actually yes. Full price VF-19 in 2011 = £185. Full price VF-0D in 2014 = £210. If anything, it is the japanese market that should be freaking out !

I dunno, it sounds like Arcadia is saying "we're not as big as Yamato was so it's more expensive for us to build things." If they're a smaller shop they probably make fewer units and have higher interest rates across the board on any debt they carry.

As long as they do a good job and there are no QC issues I think the fans will find a way to afford this. Less releases per year = more money saved per item imo. From here on everything is going to be like saving to buy vf-4. With bandai their strategy seems to be the wallet rape on accesories (the toy equivalent of DLC lol)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Since the pre-order came up this thread added a lot of pages and I miss the answer to my next question and it's probably been discussed already, so apologies in advanced, BUT, was there any official word on the blue color? it's very different from one pic to the other, which one is the final version?

.... the Yamato VF-0, which is perfectly fine, because they really had nothing wrong with them to begin with.

Well, actually its my floppiest valk in my collection. I love they way it looks (although it still has the giant trench panel lines of the 1/48 era toys) but I can't even pick it up without the neck/forward fuselage flopping down, let alone zooming it around the room. I sure hope they've improved it since the original VF-0 - otherwise I'd sure be disappointed if they just stuck delta wings onto the old toy and decided to charge twice as much!

Please, pls can someone beg on my behalf on twitter to Mr. K to make water-slide decals available as an option (I'd gladly pay for them!)

Well, actually its my floppiest valk in my collection. I love they way it looks (although it still has the giant trench panel lines of the 1/48 era toys) but I can't even pick it up without the neck/forward fuselage flopping down, let alone zooming it around the room. I sure hope they've improved it since the original VF-0 - otherwise I'd sure be disappointed if they just stuck delta wings onto the old toy and decided to charge twice as much!

True, the old mold was pretty sloppy in some places. It does make me wonder though, whether the issues with that were due to the molds being sloppy and imprecise, or even just bad material science at work. The nose droop is entirely fixable, at least, but the materials used on a good portion of the transformation mechanism parts were the same type that tended to explode catastrophically.

The overall shape and proportions never seemed to be a problem, at least, which is a rarity for any valk. :lol:

Oh man... after looking on the new pics I want to have one. I know I said before that I'm just going to wait for a renewal 0S. But with those new pics... :wub:

Too bad, can't PO now. Have to look for a new job first. *sigh* :unsure: If ever I get a new job in the next couple of months and PO is still open in January, I might get one as well. Oh well, good thing I already paid my DX VF-25S reissue. Hahaha :lol: and Huhuhu :unsure: as well.

I dunno, it sounds like Arcadia is saying "we're not as big as Yamato was so it's more expensive for us to build things." If they're a smaller shop they probably make fewer units and have higher interest rates across the board on any debt they carry.

It's a chicken and the egg thing.

If Yamato had acted like Arcadia is acting now, back then, would they still be Yamato? Being bigger and making too much.. is that why we have Arcadia?

Is that why Arcadia is acting like they are now? Probably.

No way to say though.

Again, I'm not suspicious that they are gouging or overpricing as it's the trend in every major adult high-end toy market. Everything is pushing the $250-300 price point.

Edited by Gakken85