Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Ha, ha, ha! No way could, or would I order 10 of them.

Think (X) in algebraic terms and not Roman Numerals - it's currently an unknown variable. :ph34r:

-b.

Haha! I knew you didn't but I just wanted to think that you did. :)

So, does anyone know how much tampo printing this release will have?

Also, preordered on AmiAmi. Has anyone had issues with them that I should be concerned?

With the YF-19 release a couple of MW members had issues with Ami Ami when their Valk arrived damaged still in box.

You lucky U.S. people... you just don't understand the woes of paying an extra $40-50 per toy every time to the government that actively tries to prevent things you want from entering the country just because it doesn't have French on the label.

i feel your pain, man! XD

NY have the lowest price, but their S&H fee is absurd, even for SAL none register is almost $50. I guess it worked out to the same as other sites, because there’s paypal fee. NY does not have paypal fee on items that are not in stock. I don’t order a lot of stuff from HLJ like most do, so I can’t save on S&H there.

They aren't stupid. They put their price lower to encourage impulse buyers (a lot of toy collectors are impulsive) then hit you with higher shipping.

They only way to save is to combine shipping and be patient :D

Edited by Gakken85

They aren't stupid. They put their price lower to encourage impulse buyers (a lot of toy collectors are impulsive) then hit you with higher shipping.

They only way to save is to combine shipping and be patient :D

Damn near everything I have on pre-order is an impulse buy.

Sigh

*edit*

Haha! I knew you didn't but I just wanted to think that you did. :)

Well now that you've said it I'm going to imagine how awesome it'd be if I (or anyone for that matter) could swing 10 and then post pics of that epic purchase. :ph34r: / ;)

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Also, preordered on AmiAmi. Has anyone had issues with them that I should be concerned?

Oh my God did they ever try to swindle me out of paying me back for my damaged 19. If you want someone who won't try to bone you go with HLJ.

Wanted one of these to continue my 2-seater valk streak, but this price is just too insane for my budget. I'll just keep on the lookout for the inevitable "I bought 'x' amount of these valks!!" folks fire selling their multiples in the BST thread once wives start finding out how much these things cost. lol

Edited by ultraman zoffy

I would have to see both next to each other to decide. If they were both visually identical....I'd probably pass. I'd rather have something entirely new from Arcadia. Like a TV SDF-1!!! ;)

So if the visual differences were like those between a 1/60 Yamato YF-19 and an Arcadia YF-19.....yes, I'd buy an Arcadia VF-0A and S. If the differences were internal and not readily visible when displayed next to each other...then I most likely would not buy Arcadia versions.

Edited by jvmacross

I pre-orderd mine from AmiAmi. Atleast they bubble wrap and take care of the item before they ship it. HLJ just throws the items in the box with a few air bubbles things. Also HLJs prices are always higher than Ami Ami and hobby search.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feel this way about HLJ. I guess it's just my bad luck with HLJ.

Assuming this has improved mechanics with some diecast joints, would you buy 0A/S again if they release it?

I will buy them again.

I do believe that this is not entirely a new mold. They improved the arm, knees and feet joints. The legs landing gear doors are also different but everything else is the same. It has the same seams as the VF-0S/A.

It's not the damage that occurs after leaving the retailer that should concern folks when dealing with overseas retailers (insurance covers you for that).....it's the damage to the item present right out of the factory and the online retailer's policies about helping (OR NOT) their customers outside Japan that should be thoroughly researched.... :rolleyes:

Wow! You are an awesome dad! You looking to adopt an older "child"? If so, I am available. I am educated, I can dust all the toy as part of my daily chores and take pictures. :lol:

haha! Sorry Saburo no adoption gonna happen! Supporting a teenage son is proving a big a challenge as it is! But I appreciate the offer of daily toy dusting though, but sadly still gonna have to let this one pass.. ;)

Ha, ha, ha! No way could, or would I order 10 of them.

Think (X) in algebraic terms and not Roman Numerals - it's currently an unknown variable. :ph34r:

-b.

I was gonna say 10!?!? not even I would have displayed that level of lunacy! hehe! :p

I have purchase a good amount of stuff from AmiAmi in the past never with any drama, these 3x VF-0D will be the biggest single order I would have got through them but I doubt there will be any trouble.. I'd sayy go for it and give em a try! I'll be getting the 4th from Nippon Yasan. B))

Edited by spanner76

Yeah, I really prefer sticking to HLJ for that reason. Every other site's foreign customer service seems to fal somewhere between "lacking" and "HAHAHAHA SCREW YOU SUCKA!"

As far as the molds go, I see almost no difference between this one and the old Yamatos. I really suspect they just tweaked the original CAD models, and made new tooling. The quality might be on an entirely different level, but as someone who will display them in fighter mode anyway, that really doesn't feel like a good reason to re-buy the ones I have.

The VF-0 never really had issues with anime magic anyway, and I still think the original mold holds up just fine visually.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's not the damage that occurs after leaving the retailer that should concern folks when dealing with overseas retailers (insurance covers you for that).....it's the damage to the item present right out of the factory and the online retailer's policies about helping (OR NOT) their customers outside Japan that should be thoroughly researched.... :rolleyes:

can say (touch wood) that I haven't had too much trouble when it comes to damage to any of my Valkyries. Apart from a few teeny weeny issues with one of my 30's which was a factory issue but most stuff out of Japan has been spot on! Even 2nd hand items from Mandarake.