Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Between all of the recent "love you man" posts ( :p)I just want to clarify.

This is the same VF-0D prototype, and the blue appears different because of variations in how these magazines were printed?

'Cause I really wanted to move onto something different for folks to obsess over, like the gunpod being the wrong size, or the wings being at the incorrect angle or the pilot figure not being able to turn his head or, or, or, or, or...

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Between all of the recent "love you man" posts ( :p)I just want to clarify.

This is the same VF-0D prototype, and the blue appears different because of variations in how these magazines were printed?

yeah, pretty much. i love you man :p

We need a new obsession.

*snip*

But my comment was more tongue-in-cheek than serious. LoL! ;)

YEEESSS - lol

yeah, pretty much. i love you man :p

Ha ha ha, ditto! :lol:

More on topic, while at first I pretty ambivalent about the first shade/hue/choice of blue the more I look at the newer scans the more I want a VF-0D with a lighter shade. I won't be terribly upset if it's not 110% anime accurate but my preference at this point would be for this not to look like Max's VF-0D.

-b.

Waiting...

Thank you, Shukenzero, for taking the pictures, and thanks to JVMacross for actually posting them. That's all we needed.

With that said, I'm beginning to feel like those pictures only look different in color due to printing differences. It'd be a shame if that were true, I do prefer that shade of blue.

This is the same prototype from the magazine. We can all agree it's going to be a pretty nice bird right?

To be honest i'm disappointed with the black blotches of paint on the chest to resemble holes. For the sort of money this will cost they certainly can punch them in, can't they? I don't mind spending 30000 Yen + if asked, but i want some production values approaching the VF-4G.

Edited by Dimis

Ah, but are they landing lights, like on the VF-1 or are they navigational lights (slime lights)? If they're the former, fair enough. But if they're the latter, solid, yellow green is actually very accurate.

I'll have to double check but if I recall correctly, the Hasegawa kit has these as decals as well, which suggests they are, in fact, meant to be slime lights.

Edited by mickyg

Given that pretty much every single VF with those lights in the wings has had them as a separate clear part so far, I would be surprised if they completely ignore that on this release. It's not even a hard mod to do honestly, you could cut some lights yourself very easily, and just glue them in.

It does make some sense to leave those out on a prototype (to a point), but that also means that those aren't the final molds, because they'll have to cut the section out to glue the lights in later.

To be honest i'm disappointed with the black blotches of paint on the chest to resemble holes. For the sort of money this will cost they certainly can punch them in, can't they? I don't mind spending 30000 Yen + if asked, but i want some production values approaching the VF-4G.

Now that you mention it that air brake does look a little on the poxy cheap side.. Without making this sound like a silly idea but I wonder how hard it would be to use a dremel and carefully drill those holes through.. If I could afford to buy multiples I probably would attempt this!

Guest davidwhangchoi

This is the same prototype from the magazine. We can all agree it's going to be a pretty nice bird right?

i'm still waiting for the adjusted blue before saying it's a nice bird.

I really like this particular bird and am looking forward to the PO.

So, if everyone is in agreement that the differnece in colors for the two magazines is printing differences; I guess we all need to know which magazine prints the most accurate colors. Anyone want to take a shot at comparing the magazines' images to actual models?

No point, as the color is going to be changed according to Mr K.

EVERY photo so far, is of the same original hand-painted prototype. Even new pics of a "fixed" version would still likely be hand-painted at this point, and not match the final production molded-in-blue plastic. (probably be fairly close and give us a good idea, but still not a precise match)

I'm wondering about the cost and PO date.

Same here.

-b.

I'm curious as well even though I'm not planning to buy it right away. I think the best price to assume would be $300 and up. With all their releases, I doubt it will be around $250. :unsure:

I'm curious as well even though I'm not planning to buy it right away. I think the best price to assume would be $300 and up. With all their releases, I doubt it will be around $250. :unsure:

You're probably right, but one can hope and dream for a <$300 SRP. :D

-b.

I don't know. The conversion rate favors the US Dollar at the moment. If the rates continue to slide in favor of the dollar, then this will be one expensive Valkyrie to hold at $300 USD. I wouldn't be surprised to see an MSRP of 30,000JPY before the pre-order discounts. I wonder if Arcadia plans to include the stand again or if they will do another set of armaments/goodies like they did with the YF-19?

I don't know. The conversion rate favors the US Dollar at the moment. If the rates continue to slide in favor of the dollar, then this will be one expensive Valkyrie to hold at $300 USD. I wouldn't be surprised to see an MSRP of 30,000JPY before the pre-order discounts. I wonder if Arcadia plans to include the stand again or if they will do another set of armaments/goodies like they did with the YF-19?

It'll have a set of missiles for sure since they've shown those from inception plus the obligatory pilot. Anything like a stand or something beyond that is anyone's guess.

And fingers crossed for a favorable conversion rate no matter the cost!!!

-b.

I told myself I was going to have to decide if I'd be getting one by the end of September, but I'm going to give myself until the end of October now instead, pre-orders aren't even up yet so I've just got to decide if I'm putting aside money or not. I'm still intrigued, apparently the color's getting fixed, and that's nice, but I'd really like to see some new scans or pics before I set aside at least $250 for a pre-order, if I don't see anything by the end of this month then I'll just be spending my money on more MonsterArts and Figmas instead.