Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I don't know, agreed that the blue looks 'nice,' and understand that manufacturers take some liberty in how they will render the toy, and agree 100% that the pilot is pretty much a lame ass...I guess it is so off from the source that can your really call it the de facto base model, and not a separate color variant? Maybe that's the part that sticks out so much. Will say that my YF-19 from Arcadia did not disappoint, and I do not expect this release to either. Overall the build looks like it is shaping up to be really decent. Maybe a bit less BRIGHT ASS BLUE would be nice is all..to each their own I guess.

LOL - even the new folks are up in arms.

Why is everyone oblivious to the fact that Arcadia, and Yamato before them listens to feedback and often changes or updates releases based off of feedback in order to be as accurate as possible?

Less panic, more being rational would go a long way to ease the apparent anxiety.

-b.

Sorry, the part below through me off of indifference vs. up-in-arms. Either way, I'm of the mind to "wait and see" what Arcadia does with subsequent updates.

-b.

I don't know, agreed that the blue looks 'nice,' and understand that manufacturers take some liberty in how they will render the toy, and agree 100% that the pilot is pretty much a lame ass...I guess it is so off from the source that can your really call it the de facto base model, and not a separate color variant? Maybe that's the part that sticks out so much. Will say that my YF-19 from Arcadia did not disappoint, and I do not expect this release to either. Overall the build looks like it is shaping up to be really decent. Maybe a bit less BRIGHT ASS BLUE would be nice is all..to each their own I guess.

They did change the color of the YF-19 before release, both the main body and canopy, after feedback (which was a mistake in the case of the YF-19, IMO.)

The gunpod color too if I remember correctly, but you're correct.

Also forgot how much I like the VF-0 gunpod, it looks so much more intimidating (lack of a better term) than the GU-11.

-b.

The gunpod color too if I remember correctly, but you're correct.

Also forgot how much I like the VF-0 gunpod, it looks so much more intimidating (lack of a better term) than the GU-11.

-b.

The gunpod color went from one brown, to another brown, to just being the crappy gray of any other VF-19 release. Maybe they made it gray because nobody could agree on a decent brown. I thought the original looked great.

I think it's bright blue, on purpose, to appeal to the Japanese audience who typically like vividly-colored mecha more than duller, more realistic colors.

In which case, I have an airbrush, no big deal.

Of course, if this is anything like the VF-1 releases, we'll get a bunch of color schemes in the form of re-releases, so maybe my hopes for an Angel Birds VF-0D aren't misplaced after all. :rolleyes:

My head canon is that the advanced materials that valks are made of don't rust, wear, or fade and are so easy to clean that they always look shiny and new all the time, so I don't have to weather them.

My head canon is that the advanced materials that valks are made of don't rust, wear, or fade and are so easy to clean that they always look shiny and new all the time, so I don't have to weather them.

each to his own. ;)

imo, the VF-0 in the OVA was rendered with very minimal weathered look. even the yf-30 rendered CG image has some sort of color fading.

My head-canon is that while the VF-0D may have been built with overtech, it still got repainted on-board a carrier that was still stocked with typical paint, and thus weathered the same from salty sea-spray as any F-14 would.

(And wasn't bright blue to start with, but probably standard mil-spec "intermediate blue" or something similar) :)

They are always bright by default but the paint fades when needed using holographic technology like when the idols change their costumes on stage in all the macross shows using image manipulation tech.

There that solves the paintscheme debate. lol

Imagine all the money these toy companies can make now doing repaints of every valk from the animes if they just say valks have holographic projected skin to change thier colors like a chamelion or turn invisible like the alien in "Predator"?

Low-vis and hi-vis VF of every valk in the macross shows can be done now to shut the fans up lol

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They were definitely animated with some heavy fading weathering... which I frankly thought looked awful with the very conspicuous CG and didn't fit the rest of the cel animation at all, so I have no preference. I can see why they'd pick a brighter and bolder color for a plastic version, especially with how poorly the weathering versions of the old yamato toys sold. They're probably overcompensating.

That's what I said! They're revisiting what they did to us the first time the did Macross Zero. First we got a gray VF-0 they said was a mass production unit and that the OVA got it wrong and that Shin flew the same plane as everyone else. Then a little while later they gave us a Shin custom... This time it will be a Max colored blue VF-1D and they'll follow it up with a gray-blue version a year later. Hey, that would at least appease everyone (and probably no one).

Oh man! January for the VF-1J w/ GBP then VF-0D for February? I have lots on pre-order for October and November. I don't know what else will be announced for December. God save my wallet!

I thought VF-1J w/ GBP will be released on May 2015? January I believe is the opening for the preorders. Could someone verify if this is correct? I remember seeing the photos here that says 2015/05: http://tinyurl.com/owrmyez

*snip

Heck, Bandai's no different. The Ozma YF-29 and Grace VF-27 "official pic' paint patterns do NOT match the actual production item. (the pre-production ones are more accurate).

Is this the same why the YF-29 30th have 'purple' canopy when released instead of the 'green' canopy from the promo pics?

maybe they where hoping people would be all, "oh man, that blue looks so good, it's so vibrant and awesome and reminiscent of a cool characters ride instead of the shitty, dull grey-blue from the OVA and that butt-nugget shin."

Hahaha! Somehow I don't feel bad about Shin anymore. He's lucky since his VF-0D got green-lit for release. :lol:

I like the blue, I acknowledged it wasn't the same blue as in the Anime, but I still think it's attractive.

I like the blue too. ^_^ Sometimes I wonder if the color IS really the issue. :rolleyes:

if I have an AB, I would try this salt weathering to add color fade ^_^

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57027-salt-weathering-techniques/

That mod looks cool. :wub: But I don't want to ruin an expensive toy. Hehehe. :lol:

After we purchase the brighter blue VF-0D , they will probably release a limited Weathered version, :angry: (which will have the correct blue)

Imagine the reactions from members who buy multiples to display all modes. :D

Is this the same why the YF-29 30th have 'purple' canopy when released instead of the 'green' canopy from the promo pics?

No. That was a change, but Bandai released many new official pictures showing all the changes--they wanted people to know.

Oh, good then. Respite for my wallet if that is so. Thanks! :p

Good for you. Your wallet got a breather there. ;)

No. That was a change, but Bandai released many new official pictures showing all the changes--they wanted people to know.

I see. Didn't know that. Thanks. All the images I saw via Google has that green tint. So I was wondering what happened there since the green kinda looks nice with the yellow stripes. ;) And then later on, all I see was the purple tint canopies. :huh:

I loved that green canopy and darker yellow stripes...sigh...what could've been...

I'd buy two more if they released it like the original photos and I already have two! :)

The mold looks good indeed. I'm a little curious as to why they'd release photos for a hobby magazine if the color isn't finalized yet, does this happen often? I'd think they'd wait until they were pretty much done messing with the prototype before they'd promote it, the color looks slightly better in the clearer scans, but it's still not doing it for me, that blue is still fugly.

Edited by Tking22