Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Diecast should only be used in the internal framework or mechanism for durability such as the sliding mechanism to pull the feet out if cost is not a major factor.

Discoloration and paint loss are the major gripes to use Diecast in external parts.

I like it when toys have metal feet. Or the metal armor on the recent SoC Mazinger Z work great due to the shape of the panels. However there is a delicate line where die-cast is beneficial to a toy and when not. The die-cast intakes on Bandais Renewal Frontier Valkyries is an example where I think that the toy would've benefited form the use of plastic.

Just leave it out in the sun if the color is too bright on release.

It seems like colors changed a bit on the arcadia YF-19 due to community feedback. I am sure Mr. K would respond in kind here.

I like how they show us the prototype photos. These thing take forever to get to the final production toy. They should have several works in progress VF so that we don't get impatient.

I'm guessing at least two new re-releases to be announced. Whatever was blurred in the picture I posted last week, and probably

at least one new VF-1 scheme.

If they don't announce a new VF-1 scheme, I'm guessing a V3 is around the corner.

Still anything planned to be released around the holidays $$$$$ is going to be announced at WF.

waah wah wee wah!

looks sexy mate.

I'll have 2.

Perfectly captures the grand nature of the fighter mode hanging out on a real carrier, and the nods to the VF-1.

Love it.

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah, that's "Max VF-22S" blue, not "Shin 0D" blue. Not even close.

If that's the final color, it's a deal-killer. (and a 0D has been my most-wanted valk for years at this point--but that looks nothing like the valk I saw in M0)

Mmm... not the correct shade of blue. There might be anger and rage.

More like disappointment. Really, has Mr K/Arcadia/etc not actually watched the animation itself? Are they basing the blue on the Hasegawa kit's paint-mixing directions?

I think a retooled VF-0 model that isn't floppy and feels like a proper yamacadia, is much more important than the shade of blue in my mind.

It's not the end of the world, but like I said if it's a big deal to you make a twitter account and let them know. Mr. K is very easy to chat with.

I think a retooled VF-0 model that isn't floppy and feels like a proper yamacadia, is much more important than the shade of blue in my mind.

It's not the end of the world, but like I said if it's a big deal to you make a twitter account and let them know. Mr. K is very easy to chat with.

I have to agree with Gakken85. As much as the color is not correct, I'll just be happy that the build quality of the Zero has been brought up to (or beyond) the standard of the current VF & YF 19's..

Going back to the color issue, yes it is quite disappointing but maybe they had their reasons for it? But still when something is as closely faithful as possible to the anime it does make it that extra bit special!

post-21335-0-58245400-1406431694_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me, although it's not hard to see why some would be less than pleased with that shade of blue, it really is wrong and very "Max" in shade.

My money is that Arcadia will correct it before release.

Exciting stuff. My forecast is that 2015 will be an expensive year.

Ha! As if 2014 isn't/hasn't been?

Now bring me a new VF-0S Arcadia.

-b.

The real point is, it shouldn't be THAT far off to start with. This is nothing like the YF-19, where a "few more shades over that way" were needed. This isn't even close to the right color.

It'd be like if someone made Brera's valk "Milia red" instead of the fuschia-wine color it really is. Did they simply tell the painter "it should be blue" and left it up to that?

Isn't final color choice usually up to Kawamori?

This is a hand painted prototype.

If anything, history has shown hand-painted valk prototypes to have more anime-accurate paint than the final production. (this mainly based off of Bandai though).

Also--Kawamori approved colors? We all know the story of the "Shin" VF-0A Yamato first released. And then the 'real' Shin 0A they did later. Both of which were "correct and approved by Kawamori".

Doesn't look like a painted prototype to me, it looks like that plastic was molded in that color blue. A shade that Arcadia probably has tons of lying around.

Why is it that no one thinks any problems, issues or concerns, be it paint, or some other gripe (legitimate or not, and I do think this is legit) about accuracy won't be addressed?

-b.

Why is it that no one thinks any problems, issues or concerns, be it paint, or some other gripe (legitimate or not, and I do think this is legit) about accuracy won't be addressed?[/font]

-b.[/font]

Macross World tradition...