Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

update tweet from 57 mins ago:

1. @ Mrk_arcadia Good morning. But what such as the progress of the VF over 0D?

@ Ezwea1 replication of the prototype. It is in the process of outputting the promotional and factory for. Checking for (not end yet from China business trip the previous) color to match. It is such a feeling.

@ Mrk_arcadia reply Thank you busy schedule. Development seem quite advanced - Is it so. We are waiting to look forward to.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm saying right now, this is going to be roughly 28,000 Yen to 31,000 yen MSRP.

So between 26-28,000 yen from suppliers.

Brand new spanking mold

optional payloads

probably 3 figures (Shin, Edgar, and Shin helmetless)

We can't base prices off the YF-19, because it did use some pre-existing tooling.

The only things on the Arcadia YF-19 that I could identify as being the exact same as that used on Yamato's VF-19s are the landing gear struts, wheels and tires... nothing else is interchangeable (I haven't taken mine apart so I can't be sure that the ankle joints aren't the same too, but I believe they're not); hence, different tooling. By this token, it is possible that the new Arcadia VF-0D could reuse the same tooling for those specific parts, but I doubt they will after so many years since the previous VF-0s from Yamato. So, given the similar sizes, materials, volumes, amount of new design/engineering work, new tooling, etc., I think it's very appropriate to use the recent YF-19's MSRP as a basis for speculating on the price of next year's VF-0D, +/- ~2000 Yen.

I think the new VF-0D is much more massive (central bulk) - just looking at my VF-0A and the new YF-19, its like a heavyweight vs. lightweight and the VF-0D looks even bigger with the solid delta wings. So just on the amount of "bulk" I would guess it would come in more expensive than the YF-19 (which does not bode well). The YF-19 has made me very cautious now for this upcoming release, especially if it will be even more expensive.

this pic clarifies for the people that say is a complete new mold because as far as you can see as the same and only new sculpt of wings, head and cockpit and change the material of the arms for die cast metal and hope come with a extra kit for of the latter for save the old yamato's :p

this pic clarifies for the people that say is a complete new mold because as far as you can see as the same and only new sculpt of wings, head and cockpit and change the material of the arms for die cast metal and hope come with a extra kit for of the latter for save the old yamato's :p

Huh?

-b.

How does it "clarify" or prove they are using any part of the old mold at all?

I may get one if the price is right, I no longer own any Macross Zero stuff, sold it all off. Such a shame that my re-issue VF-0S turned into a floppy mess of QC issues, as I said I'd like a 0D, but if it's over $300 I'm out, I'm pretty done with Macross valkyries until I can get my hands on a Hikaru 1J.

Even if the molds are entirely new, there is no reason they wouldn't use the old CAD files as a starting point, so there is a very good chance a lot of the parts will be nearly identical, even if the fit and finish are updated to current standards.

I think it's actually amusing how similar the backpack is, since they just left the tail mounts as they were, and plugged the slots the tails fit into. :p