Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

1) IF it is the vf-0D, why is single missile mounted so far out, almost ON the pivot point of the upward tilting tip of the wing? The lineart contradicts this...

You're not noticing the dedicated launch rail right under the pivot point.

post-1819-0-98250300-1390746509_thumb.jpg

The VF-0D carries missiles in four places on each wing.

2) Why start the Mzero series of valks with the 0D? IF the same method/reasoning, that non-hero valks are better to launch first is followed, then they would have started the macross plus line with the vf-11b and the vf-1D for the original series. Well... we all know that ONLY hero valks are out so far for each respective series.

3) Also, as a business trying to make a splash and trying to create a firm footing financially, the smart thing to do is to pick the low hanging fruit. The yamato vf-0s/a were almost perfect as far as accuracy goes... and with a few tweaks you can really make some money off of it... why skip that and instead go for something that has been notoriously discussed here as a difficult valk to produce/ get right?

It seems like Arcadia is just carrying out previous Yamato plans. It was already rumored that a VF-0D was in the works before Yamato closed doors. Maybe the VF-0D was close to completion and Arcadia is simply taking the ball and running with it.

I think for the most part, a 2015 launch window gives arcadia enough time to announce this now and still make arguments 2-3 null, by relaunching the vf-0a/s with tweaked yamato molds, while also drumming up anticipation for the vf-0D. That would really kick some a$$ huh? ;)

Or are they planning a triple release with all the fixes from v1?, i.e picking the high and low hanging fruits, all at once. That'll sure put a huge hole on everyone's wallet..esp those who just have to get multiples. But realistically they'll release them at intervals, allowing buyers to recuperate financially and relieving themselves from the work loads. Or maybe theyre just plain crazy and too hard working and plan to release them all at once? Thatll be epic.

"One new mold a year"

I think they will stay close to that motto for at least a couple of years.

Just like the 19', they won't announce any repaints until after the 19' as had its

Time in the spot light.

I think it's safe to say, when they do a S/A Zero toy, it won't be till the following year.

Which may also give time to grab new licenses and get too making more than one new

Unit per year.

It seems to me they've learned their lesson from Bandai. Largely limited runs so you really only have to pre-order and they aren't going to announce a pile of stuff at once so you don't hold out waiting for your "favorite" because you might not know if they'll ever release it again.

You can repeat it over and over, it's quite clear YF-29 only wants to hate on Yamato/Arcadia because they aren't cheap Bandai toys.

I wouldn't exactly call Bandai's valks cheap and I just got a bit angry when everyone cheerily wants to pay $300+ for the new Arcadia VF-0D.

Quote name="YF-29 DurandaI post="1100221" timestamp="1391438852"]

I won't exactly call Bandai's valks cheap and I just got a bit angry when everyone cheerily wants to pay $300+ for the new Arcadia VF-0D.

Don't need to get angry, It's their own money so let them spend it on whatever they want. I don't wanna cheerily spend $$$ for valks either and wish they were cheaper but I got some reasons why I'll buy them anyways. 1. I love the way they look and have been a fan since I was a kid. 2. I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the prices. 3. I don't collect anything else to divert money to. 4. I just look at the price from a different perspective. I break it down into monthly installments then see if I can cut out some splurging elsewhere in the monthly budget (for example, I'll skip out one night out with the boys). Anyways, just have fun and enjoy as I'll be looking forward to getting at least two of these VF-0D.

Edited by wmkjr

Quote name="YF-29 DurandaI post="1100221" timestamp="1391438852"]

I won't exactly call Bandai's valks cheap and I just got a bit angry when everyone cheerily wants to pay $300+ for the new Arcadia VF-0D.

Don't need to get angry, It's their own money so let them spend it on whatever they want. I don't wanna cheerily spend $$$ for valks either and wish they were cheaper but I got some reasons why I'll buy them anyways. 1. I love the way they look and have been a fan since I was a kid. 2. I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the prices. 3. I don't collect anything else to divert money to. 4. I just look at the price from a different perspective. I break it down into monthly installments then see if I can cut out some splurging elsewhere in the monthly budget (for example, I'll skip out one night out with the boys). Anyways, just have fun and enjoy as I'll be looking forward to getting at least two of these VF-0D.

I just don't want it to cost $300+ thats all.

Then write Arcadia with your views. Complaining about it constantly in the forums isn't going to change the price.

I'm more excited about this new development than the YF-19. ^_^

I think that a petition would be more effective if it had a large numbers of names on it.

A petition is next to useless. Come on, online petitions for hasbro and transformers, with fans numbering in the tens of thousands are laughed at.

A petition with...generously a 100 fans from here?

The most effective way to complain about the price is to NOT buy the damn thing. But I can assure you, next to you not buying this thing, there's 2 fans who wanted a transformable VF0D ever since they first saw episode 2 or 3 of the OVA, and who like Yamato's offerings enough to trust them with a new release.

Furthermore...it's *one* new mould per year. Ignoring the VF1 re-releases, it's one release per year. If you put a dollar aside each day, you'll have that money in one year.

When they start churning out 4-5 300 USD releases per month, THEN we can have a talk.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Agree w the people here. Instead of whining of something you're not interested in, don't buy. That's it. Vote with your wallet. To tell you the truth, i think some prices are too high for something i don't want or not willing to pay. Like the regult. I just dont buy it. Its silly to get mad at others that are willing to pay. It just sounds petty and jealous. I'm very happy to pay for my 19's , would i like a deal? Yep! And i did find it on black friday for 265-270 a piece? yep! If i didnt think its worth it would i buy it? nope! I dont like the 171 i sold both of mine off. but i posted once the reason why and that's it. I rarely even look at that thread as it doesnt interest me.

Agree w the people here. Instead of whining of something you're not interested in, don't buy. That's it. Vote with your wallet.

This actually may be bad advice. If you can convince enough people that something is not worth the money, and less people buy it, you have improved your odds to get the item on sale.

One's own single vote is meaningless. Affecting multiple people's votes is far more efficient.

I'm new to the forum, but already I've seen many heated debates in past threads in regards to how people spend. Everyone let's just stay on topic which is our mutual love for Macross and of course the Valkyries!

To be honest that's a new trend from one person in particular. People aren't usually in each others face about what they buy around here.

Guest davidwhangchoi

To be honest that's a new trend from one person in particular. People aren't usually in each others face about what they buy around here.

^ +1

Guest davidwhangchoi

This actually may be bad advice. If you can convince enough people that something is not worth the money, and less people buy it, you have improved your odds to get the item on sale.

One's own single vote is meaningless. Affecting multiple people's votes is far more efficient.

this is not affecting anyone's vote, except being annoying.

Soooo WF is right around the corner, i can't wait...