Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

And that's your problem and your problem alone.

The guy has a very logical argument of WHY this new mould will cost close to 30.000 yen. I estimate anything from 27.000 to 33.000.

Whether or not you chose to diminish that logic because of an inability or lack of will to pay that amount does not make it any less true.

The guy has nothing and is a rude little dirty troll to boot.

The price of the YF-19 is stupid as in stupidly overpriced... yeah you go ahead and pay that much money for some pieces of plastic I however will not.

That's your decision, and if you feel it's so stupidly overpriced, I'm sure the people producing it could explain where the costs come from. Otherwise, if you're not interested, it'd be easier if you just ignored the entire subject.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how they change the overall mold from the original. It's one of those weird cases where the original was already plenty accurate, just needed a little polish on the molding, and materials. I wonder if they are actually able to use any of the old molds, or have to start from scratch?

Tooling molds for plastic injection IS expensive, at least they were the last time when I was working with dyson (vacuum cleaners). Even more when it involves more more than two sides of the molds, which depends on the geometry of the parts being produce. But I bet parts for our macross toys arent that complicated and are just 2-directional molds.

*reminds me of all the tolerance stacking calculations we had to do to ensure parts fittings*...oh the engineering sweat-shoping days...

The guy has nothing and is a rude little dirty troll to boot.

The price of the YF-19 is stupid as in stupidly overpriced... yeah you go ahead and pay that much money for some pieces of plastic I however will not.

Are you for real? Did we read the same replies from the same person?

He said it'll probably cost the same as the YF19, more or less the same size and have lots of accessories.

YOU reply "no that's stupid".

HE replies "How is it stupid, just because it's out a few's price range?" and goes on to explain precisely why he thinks it's going to cost that much.

To which YOU reply "You must be drilling up a lot of oil there in arizona but for the rest of us who are not filthy rich we will not pay those crazy prices demanded by Arcadia"

Now tell me, who the F*CK is the rude little troll?

You don't want to pay 200+ USD for figures? You're in the wrong hobby. Ever since the VF1 V2.0 by Yamato prices have only been going up, both by Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai. In return, they offer a lot more with each package [VF19 has lots of metal and is huge, VF17 is loaded with metal, VF4 possibly has more parts than 2 VF1 and so on].

If figure prices go north of 500 USD retail, *then* we can have a talk about expensive products and lines. For a line that gets out one new mould per year, is 300 USD too much for a hobby? In a year? That's less than 30 USD saved aside per month.

Chronocidal, If you're referring to Yamato's 1/60 YF-19, I doubt there's anything Arcadia can use from that mold. It's proportions are much different from the new YF-19, and I would certainly favor the new VF arm transformation over the YF's. As far as the VF-19, they could probably reuse the upper arm assemblies, and potentially some of the inner parts. Beyond that, everything else will have to be new molds, esp all exteriors, since the shaping of the various parts differ distinctly between the YF and the VF versions.

I usually don't get involved in pricing rants, but I find it amusing that folks go on about the cost of these things every time a new toy comes out. I too wish they were lower cost, but I'm a realist; the going price for these things is just going to continue to rise, esp for us here in the Americas, where HG preys on Macross like a fly waiting for a fresh turd to drop, and we have to pay inflated prices and shipping from online retailers. If your enjoyment of the toy trumps your enjoyment of having x amount of money in your account, then get the toy and be fulfilled. If the other is true, great as well. I'm certainly not rich (I live on an enlisted military retirement), so I make a lot of value judgments, and I generally only get one of any toy, with only a couple exceptions. I also collect Transformers and LEGO, lots of LEGO, which is a pricey toy as well. $300 for a toy is a lot for me too, but I love Kawamori-san's Valkyrie designs, and to have these little works of art in my hands to look at, transform, and pose gives me far greater enjoyment than not having them, and so I accept that these are expensive, and I pay it happily. Twenty+ valks now over the last 13 or so years, and I've no regrets.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I just don't understand how anyone thinks that..

Were going to get a YF-19 with extra loads, fast packs and two figures
For less then the VF-19 Zola which only came with two tiny speaker triangles and
Was retailing for 260$.

Your actually getting a fast pack set, missile payloads and a figure
For 30$. In comparison that's actually cheap.

Considering the VF-17 packs were 60$ for 4 pieces.

Edited by skullmilitia

There's always going to be the one or two noobs that don't understand licensing, manufacturing costs, low production numbers and other special categories that these Macross toys fall under. I wish there was a room that we can... well you know...

a_clockwork_orange_3.jpg

But at the end of the day, who cares. You win this battle then the next guy comes in just as clueless.

I for one do believe they're ridiculous in price. But I know why and I don't think there's a silly Arcadia conspiracy. I believe that conspiracies end up costing more compared to good ol' market analysis and supply and demand.

Guest davidwhangchoi

after seeing the insane panic prices i'm sort of numb to high prices and when i saw the discount of 26000yen for the 19 i grabbed 4 thinking it's a great discount. err maybe i should really cancel two.

There's always going to be the one or two noobs that don't understand licensing, manufacturing costs, low production numbers and other special categories that these Macross toys fall under. I wish there was a room that we can... well you know...

a_clockwork_orange_3.jpg

But at the end of the day, who cares. You win this battle then the next guy comes in just as clueless.

I for one do believe they're ridiculous in price. But I know why and I don't think there's a silly Arcadia conspiracy. I believe that conspiracies end up costing more compared to good ol' market analysis and supply and demand.

Well said Exo.

after seeing the insane panic prices i'm sort of numb to high prices and when i saw the discount of 26000yen for the 19 i grabbed 4 thinking it's a great discount. err maybe i should really cancel two.

Don't you need seven? One of each mode clean. One for each mode with Fast Packs on. And one in fighter with the Fold Booster. You're welcome.

Like I said before, if you post abrasively, don't be surprised when others respond in kind. It's pretty obvious who's trolling here and it ain't the guy who explained himself better.

The last guy who got banned couldn't get it through his head that you can have an opinion contrary to others but you should do it while remaining civil and tactful :)

As far as pricing goes, I see it this way... in 2007 I finally purchased my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S & Super-Strike parts, with shipping I remember it costing almost $285.00 or so,which for me at the time was a hefty sum of money. Yet I did not think twice about the cost because ever since I saw DYRL for the very 1st time I always wanted that set.. badly. I now have it and after all these years its one of my prize Valk's. B))

A VF-0D/0B, VF-2SS+SAP and a VF-4 Flashback 2012 are high on my want lists, if ever made & despite them being pricey items, those are the Valk's I really want and I'm willing to pay a price for such a unique, intricately designed, perfect transformation collectors item. Just my two cents.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Does anyone else have doubts that this is in fact a vf-0D?

I definitely think it's a zero... But logistically and financially a vf-0D just doesn't make sense for arcadia to launch first.

Not only that, the forward canards should be visible even blurred to some degree but there's nothing. Also i don't think the delta wing is certain. Could be the wings swept back a bit.

No one know for sure but based on the pic, it seems like a 0D. Graham once said that Yamato will likely to make a 0D. May be it's already in the pipeline when Yamato folded and now Arcadia takes over. If it is, I'm more thrilled that the chances of getting V.2 0S is now getting higher

I'm just speculating here but if the product turns out to be the VF-0D, it could make sense. By introducing the 0D first, it whets the appetite for a return of 0A and 0S toys, especially in the form of new designs rather than re-issues of the v1 toys. Basically, Arcadia creates hype for their Wonderfest announcement and if it turns out to be the 0D, they create more hype for the inevitable 0A and 0S follow ups.

As a big fan of the Macross Zero designs, I am definitely hoping that this turns out to be the 0D for this reason: Hero variants of VFs are guaranteed but variants like trainer units are not necessarily popular so whether or not they get produced can be iffy.

So if Arcadia starts off with the 0D, we get a non hero unit for sure as well as the 0A and 0S VFs later on because it would be a foolish missed opportunity to not produce the hero units.

I definitely think it's a zero... But logistically and financially a vf-0D just doesn't make sense for arcadia to launch first.

Not only that, the forward canards should be visible even blurred to some degree but there's nothing. Also i don't think the delta wing is certain. Could be the wings swept back a bit.

Nope, the lower part of the black parts is big enough to hide the front Canards.

Easiest real way to spot the 0D is the wing tips and long fuselage.

It's a delta wing with angled wing tips and a stretched fuselage.

Go ahead and run through the Macross2.net website, there's nothing else with those wing tips.

tImBtQW.jpg

with arcadia announcing (finger crossed) the 0D, could there be a new Zero series in the future? A new series would definitely help drive the sales up, especially for a non-hero toy.

But that makes me wonder, why go for an obscure, non-hero first? Not that I dont like it, in fact I love the design and hope they'll release it, but thats also because Ive owned an 0S before and want something different.

Wouldnt a v2 0S be better for sales? Just like what theyre doing on the M-Plus series by releasing a v2 YF-19. Or there isnt enough room for significant improvements on the 0S line?.

with arcadia announcing (finger crossed) the 0D, could there be a new Zero series in the future? A new series would definitely help drive the sales up, especially for a non-hero toy.

But that makes me wonder, why go for an obscure, non-hero first? Not that I dont like it, in fact I love the design and hope they'll release it, but thats also because Ive owned an 0S before and want something different.

Wouldnt a v2 0S be better for sales? Just like what theyre doing on the M-Plus series by releasing a v2 YF-19. Or there isnt enough room for significant improvements on the 0S line?.

I wouldn't say the 0D is a random non hero. It was actually the valkyrie used by shinn and Edgar for most of the episodes. To be honest, it's probably one of the most iconic jets from Zero :D

I wouldn't say the 0D is a random non hero. It was actually the valkyrie used by shinn and Edgar for most of the episodes. To be honest, it's probably one of the most iconic jets from Zero :D

shin was the hero? I thought he's more of a wussy kindof a character :p ...

because ... I thought ... Roy .. was .. the only hero..in the Macross universe? :lol:

but yeah, I totally forgot Shin was in the 0D most of the time in the earlier parts of the OVA :p

I'm 100% sure.

Edited by Reïvaj

Just to clarify, I definitely think the vf-0D is the best guess based on the lineart fitting like a glove in what is visible. I'm not really looking to debunk anything, but to keep it interesting and far and away from price guesses. ;)

i would love love love a vf-0D. but what if it isn't? There are a couple things that throws that hypothesis off for me a bit.

1) IF it is the vf-0D, why is single missile mounted so far out, almost ON the pivot point of the upward tilting tip of the wing? The lineart contradicts this...

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

2) Why start the Mzero series of valks with the 0D? IF the same method/reasoning, that non-hero valks are better to launch first is followed, then they would have started the macross plus line with the vf-11b and the vf-1D for the original series. Well... we all know that ONLY hero valks are out so far for each respective series.

3) Also, as a business trying to make a splash and trying to create a firm footing financially, the smart thing to do is to pick the low hanging fruit. The yamato vf-0s/a were almost perfect as far as accuracy goes... and with a few tweaks you can really make some money off of it... why skip that and instead go for something that has been notoriously discussed here as a difficult valk to produce/ get right?

I think for the most part, a 2015 launch window gives arcadia enough time to announce this now and still make arguments 2-3 null, by relaunching the vf-0a/s with tweaked yamato molds, while also drumming up anticipation for the vf-0D. That would really kick some a$$ huh? ;)

Edited by Nani?!