Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

it's very cool to know that a completely new VALK is on its way!

Don't get me wrong, I like the Bandai offerings and I think the YF-30 will be cool, but it's going to be great to have the new YF-19 this year and a completely new VALK next year (assuming we get the VF-0D).

Thanks Arcadia!

I don't consider a vf-0d complete new since Yamato made the vf-0 before. On the other hand, a vf-2ss would be completely now.

$250 before shipping seems reasonable, but I'm expecting more like $300. If they are doing all the Zeros again, $300 for a 0S and/or 0A with the Ghost parts and all the missile options and leg armour isn't to bad. the 0D has a lot of retooling, but less manufacturing, so I'm hoping for 250/270 there.

Lol, definitely buy it for a dollar.

Seriously though, how many pages of price guessing are we going to do?

Even more hilarious is that some dudes here are actually using it as an opportunity to measure d*cks.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else...are we measuring in 1/60 scale?

Seriously, back on topic, whatever Arcadia announces at Wonderfest, I hope that we see a solid prototype sample, hopefully three to show off all three modes.

I think the price should be $150 :rolleyes:

So, who's with me? :ph34r:

People should just stop guessing the price or say how much they're willing to pay. -_-

Arcadia might be stalking these forums and set a price by seeing how much people are willing to pay. :lol:

Should I reiterate my previous post?

So, who's with me? :ph34r::lol:

I assure you, Arcadia will not determine price based on an MW thread. They will leave that to the accountants who will likely use sales of the first 0 toys to come up with an equation based on the price of the new molding and the assumed number of variants and probable demand reduction as the price curve increases to find a sweet spot.

Of course we were just joking when predicting an MSRP that low. No company should base the pricing on a message board, lest they want to file for chapter 7 few days after their product release. Well, consumers may have the power to demand a low price point, only if there is competition between companies producing the product in demand. In our case there's only Arcadia. So were screwed. Bandai? I dunno if the YF-19 scene in the last part of MF movie would give them the right to produce YF-19 toys in the future.

How is it stupid, just because it's out a few's price range?

The YF-19 shared an assload of parts with VF-19. It's essentially a kit bash.

This new one is 100% new parts.

It's probably loaded with extras and features.

No less then 250$ at the least. More likely it's a 30,000 yen MSRP.

Just like the 19'. It's bigger and it's bulkier.

And again. 100% new parts. It's technically the first New mold.

You must be drilling up a lot of oil there in arizona but for the rest of us who are not filthy rich we will not pay those crazy prices demanded by Arcadia.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

You must be drilling up a lot of oil there in arizona but for the rest of us who are not filthy rich we will not pay those crazy prices demanded by Arcadia.

And that's your problem and your problem alone.

The guy has a very logical argument of WHY this new mould will cost close to 30.000 yen. I estimate anything from 27.000 to 33.000.

Whether or not you chose to diminish that logic because of an inability or lack of will to pay that amount does not make it any less true.

Lol. I was just joking abt that price check on these threads.

I've been wanting a 0 since Yamato produced them but couldn't get to buying one due to price. Now, I'll have to get one. Just a matter of which variant. Hope it's not priced too steep.

Enough talking about the price range.

New debate:

Since the VF-0D has a split paint scheme, how is Arcadia going to separate the bright blue that goes on top from the white?

Are they going to paint the top from the front fuselage and rest of the plane? Because the scheme has an irregular dividing line.

I believe Arcadia will charge circa 30,000 yen for this, judging from the YF-19 pricing. Seller will always charge what the market is willing to pay. Spare me with the cost of making new design and mold. With the current CAD and 3D printing technology, how expensive would it to create mold and stuff? We can see some of the talented members here using the similar technology to create custom part.

VF-4G is to test the market on willingness to pay. Whoever then in Yamato see this and now under all new company, they could rightfully jack the prices up without the need to explanation and justification to the market.

I don't think Arcadia will set the price based on MW member's reaction, but I think they will use it as a gauge and/or reference on the emotional side of the pricing. Since there are many here thinks that $300 is reasonable, then it is only reasonable for them to charge that much.

For those that think Arcadia is overcharging, at least we still have Bandai, for now. I won't call those who thinks Arcadia is overcharging are not able to afford. They just don't agree with the value of the toy. As for those who think it worth the price, well, it's your money.

jvmacross: ....how soon Arcadia will go out of business? The profit figure will decide. There are company choose the short term gain over the long term profit. Having said that, Arcadia can fold up like Yamato and a new one will take over with a much higher price, until the few is not few enough to sustain the toys, perhaps. But then, hopefully we still have Bandai and other new one to continue Macross toys with pricing that appeal to larger Macross fan base.

I believe Arcadia will charge circa 30,000 yen for this, judging from the YF-19 pricing. Seller will always charge what the market is willing to pay. Spare me with the cost of making new design and mold. With the current CAD and 3D printing technology, how expensive would it to create mold and stuff? We can see some of the talented members here using the similar technology to create custom part.

3D Printers do not yet give you the same level of quality as injection molded plastic. Cutting the steel molds for that plastic costs a lot of money up front especially if you want to have the molds create a quality cast and hold up over time. If you're not making thousands and thousands of units, that cost has to be sunk somewhere.

And even with 3D modeling there is still a lot of refinement that goes into making a figure work in real life. Plastic tolerances and other parts of the manufacturing process mean that what you design on screen may not work out in real life thus requiring lots of revisions even when you've spent money on a test sample from the factory. It make take a dozen attempts to get everything right.

Let's not forget the fact that these toys are assembled by human hands and I get the feeling those human hands want to earn more for their labor.

New debate:

Since the VF-0D has a split paint scheme, how is Arcadia going to separate the bright blue that goes on top from the white?

Are they going to paint the top from the front fuselage and rest of the plane? Because the scheme has an irregular dividing line.

Wouldn't they just do a base plastic color and paint the rest? Kind of like with the angel bird.

That's one thing that really pisses me off about the frontier Bandai Valks. They cost around $200 bucks and they can't even be bothered to paint the fuselage. It's not really a labor of love for them like Arcadia.

Edited by Gakken85

Wouldn't they just do a base plastic color and paint the rest? Kind of like with the angel bird.

That's one thing that really pisses me off about the frontier Bandai Valks. They cost around $200 bucks and they can't even be bothered to paint the fuselage. It's not really a labor of love for them like Arcadia.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not a labor of love.

I would probably attribute it more to a lack of experience/exclusive focus with macross. Yamato's earlier creations lacked details as well. Having created 3D objects myself, trust me, it's a labor of love.

New debate:

I wondered that as well. I wonder if they'll cast top and bottom separately, and use glue or some sort of weld to tie them together. There are certain types of welding specifically made for plastic, like sonic welding, that maybe used. Either way, I just hope it's done right. The colors of the fighters in Zero are what made them so bad@$$ to me. They had more of a real world look to them, not this shiny space age fake look.

You know, I was just thinking about this and it'll be quite a bit of irony if this thing is the 0D. The zero series was the test platform for the VF-1. I wonder what sort of upgrades and improvements will be on this new version of the zero? And if it could hint at whatever Arcadia could come up with for a V3 VF-1 if they so chose.