• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

But new FM is better than no FM I guess.

Given modern Square Enix's track record of success when it comes to maintaining their back catalog? I dunno about that. Who wants to bet on the FM1 and 2 remakes being horribly optimized junk compared to the originals? They couldn't get Chrono Cross to even match the PS1 original's performance...

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Given modern Square Enix's track record of success when it comes to maintaining their back catalog? I dunno about that. Who wants to bet on the FM1 and 2 remakes being horribly optimized junk compared to the originals? They couldn't get Chrono Cross to even match the PS1 original's performance...

Yep, I can only speculate on how good the new games will be.  But if all these upcoming FM games result in more attention to the FM franchise or at least an official english release of FM5, I will gladly support Squeenix's efforts.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Gameplay footage of the FM2 remake:

It sounds like FM3 will also get the remake treatment as well, but there's no video or screenshots of that project yet.

I’m interested since FM3 was the first (and only) Front Mission game I‘ve ever played.

Watching the gameplay footage for the FM2 remake makes me thankful they sped up the combat.  In the original, the wanzers would float/dance around each other for quite a while before performing an action. This would consequently make each round trudge on forever, it was worse than Ring of Red.  That combined with reading an online script to translate all the Japanese dialog added up to a not so fun way to play the original FM2, so I gave it up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 8:58 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Watching the gameplay footage for the FM2 remake makes me thankful they sped up the combat.  In the original, the wanzers would float/dance around each other for quite a while before performing an action. This would consequently make each round trudge on forever, it was worse than Ring of Red.  That combined with reading an online script to translate all the Japanese dialog added up to a not so fun way to play the original FM2, so I gave it up.

I thought I was the only person to remember Ring of Red. Would've been a great game if not for what you said about rounds taking forever.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I thought I was the only person to remember Ring of Red. Would've been a great game if not for what you said about rounds taking forever.

I loved Ring of Red's alternate history setting and the mecha designs were cool, but yes, battle sessions were as slow as molasses.  It didn't help that all the mechs moved as if they were stuck on 1st gear.  I also remember taking shots with "99.9" percent chance of hitting the target, only for the shot to COMPLETELY miss.  That happened way too often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...