I fully understand Mr T's point of view, doesn't change the fact he is whining. The movie business is a business and he should bloody well know that by now.

But he had a contract and agreement with the theater, does that mean nothing? If having a contract broken because a huge corporate a-hole with a mouse for a mascot whined harder then damn, I just don't even .

I was listening to the interview when he was on the Howard Stern Show, and YES it is a complete bullshit move on Disney's part. They have the friggin movie playing in just about EVERY movie theater in the WORLD, they could've let ONE theater play another film. besides, the Arclight has SEVERAL theaters, Disney just wanted Star Wars to be played on the 70mm one.

here's the audio, listen for yourself

http://www.slashfilm.com/quentin-tarantino-calls-disney-extortionists-over-star-wars-move/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

It's a he-said, they-said argument now.

Quentin Tarantino Blasts Disney On Howard Stern Show As ‘Force Awakens’ Pushes ‘The Hateful Eight’ Out Of Cinerama Dome

...However, many sources tell Deadline that Disney secured the Dome months ago to play the Force Awakens through the holidays. This was further reflected in the fact that the Dome was an option to prospective Force Awakens ticket buyers when they went on sale on Oct. 19. Apparently, Tarantino only recently learned about the booking situation and decided to voice his protest on Stern. Tarantino owns and programs the New Beverly Cinema, a renowned revival house in Los Angeles.

Quentin Tarantino Accuses Disney of "Extortionist Practices" Over Theater Booking

...Insiders say there was never a contract to play Hateful Eight (generally speaking there are never contracts, only verbal deals). TWC has known since advance ticket sales went on sale for Force Awakens in late October that it would not get the dome, but Tarantino wasn't informed until recently.

Only way to know if there is any truth to the matter is if the theater is sued for breach-of-contract.

I'm baffled at how you can chalk up a possible breach of contract to whining, but whatever.

Breach of contract, or the theater exercising a clause in the contract that allows them to back out of the deal? Tarantino is generally full of crap, so you'll have to excuse me for not taking his word for it.

And he's still whining again.

Edited by Duke Togo

There's other 70mm theatres in the Hollywood Arc Light Theatres location. Hateful Eight is still playing there in one of them. But the Dome is a whole different experience from the rest of the screens, much like the main screen at the Mann's Chinese Theatre vs. the smaller screens at the same location. I've seen Tarantino go to the Cinerama Dome many times to watch films, not just his own but other movies that make use of that screening experience despite the fact he owns a theatre that he had renovated a few miles away. Is he whining? Yes. Did he get screwed... also yes. Arclight scheduled his movie on the dome and then backed down from Disney's bullying tactics. Arclight's move was understandable but should Tarantino not say anything? Honestly, I wouldn't respect anyone that has the voice to say anything and doesn't and for anyone else to think that he shouldn't is just silly or is someone that just takes crap from other people.

I, myself, just cancelled my tickets because I just learned that they weren't playing it at the Dome screen. I'm not going to drive out to the busiest place in L.A. during the holiday season and not see at The Dome. One of the few places they're playing it in 70mm is around my area and that'll do just fine. But if it was in that particular screen or the main Mann's Chinese theatre, it'll be worth the trip.

Breach of contract, or the theater exercising a clause in the contract that allows them to back out of the deal? Tarantino is generally full of crap, so you'll have to excuse me for not taking his word for it.

And he's still whining again.

^^ That right there. Did the theaters break a contract or did they take an out clause that is in the contract.

It meant more money for them because they threatened to pull Star Wars out of their theatres completely if it was taken away from the Dome... which is a push. Not having it at the Dome meant nothing to what Star Wars will make, but Hateful Eight has a limited "road show version" release on "selected" theatres. "Selected" is the operating word there.

If I was QT I'd make a epic sci-fi action film to compete with Star Wars, no doubt he could pull off something amazing. Furthermore I'm surprised he hasn't delved into that genre yet.

Amazing? It would end up looking like Starcrash with cheap special effects, hyper violence, and random foot fetish parts. Why? Because its Tarantino.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Amazing? It would end up looking like Starcrash with cheap special effects, hyper violence, and random foot fetish parts. Why? Because its Tarantino.

Puhleez, that is like saying Kill Bill looked like a cheap kung-fu/samurai film when it wasn't. QT's sci-fi film would be violent but glorious too!

Edited by TangledThorns

Another example of Tarantino's skill in using source music. Ennio Morricone originally composed and recorded this track for The Thing, but although it's included in the soundtrack album, it was never used in the film. Critics have hailed the use of this track in a couple of pivotal points in The Hateful Eight.

It's gorgeously(!) shot, but The Hateful Eight completely falls apart halfway through its nearly 3-hour running time. It is there the narrative structure fails, and Tarantino is forced to rely upon a lengthy, poorly acted flashback, and an out-of-place narration, to attempt to put it back together. He never does.

This is his worst film. I wouldn't watch it again.

Edited by Duke Togo

Just like most of his movies... he fails at ending it. Pretty much what I'm expecting. Going to see it tonight for cinematography and to check out the soundtrack but I've had the same problem with almost all his movies since Kill Bill.

It's gorgeously(!) shot, but The Hateful Eight completely falls apart halfway through its nearly 3-hour running time. It is there the narrative structure fails, and Tarantino is forced to rely upon a lengthy, poorly acted flashback, and an out-of-place narration, to attempt to put it back together. He never does.

This is his worst film. I wouldn't watch it again.

So worse than Django?

It definitely isn't his weakest, i think that'd be Jackie Brown, but it plays more like a whodunnit type film rather than a western.

Saw it in 70mm, which was absolutely gorgeous, but yeah, the dialogue does drag on and on for three hours until the climactic finale.

Edited by CoreyD

Got too see it yesterday and I will say this, it was far more enjoyable than Inglorious Basterds and makes up for that trainwreck called Django (Sorry to those who liked it, I despised it).

I agree with Duke on two things for sure, the narration is odd/out of place & the flashback scene is unnecessary given that way it's played out. Otherwise it was much better than I expected. Scenery, sets and sound are impressive. And it was a free ticket. B))

For me, Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction are still his very best!!

• 2 weeks later...