Following the critical and commercial success of Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino announced another Western, titled The Hateful Eight. The title is a play on The Magnificent Seven (the American remake of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai). As usual with every Tarantino film, this will have Samuel L. Jackson in it.

What will make this completely different from every Tarantino film is a dedicated soundtrack score. In the past, Tarantino would create a playlist of songs for a film instead of hiring a film score composer. For The Hateful Eight, legendary Italian composer Ennio Morricone (The Man with No Name Trilogy, The Untouchables) will provide the orchestral score.

The Hateful Eight premieres in 70mm format theaters in Christmas 2015 and in regular theaters on January 6, 2016.

Quentin Tarantino's New Western Is The Hateful Eight
Tarantino's New Western Called Hateful Eight, May Start Filming This Summer

Edited by areaseven

• 6 months later...

I love Tarantino and the premise for the film sounds really interesting. It's got some old Tarantino favorites like Tim Roth, Michael Madsen in there besides Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson.

So what demographic's murder-vengenance will this one follow? So far we have:

Women: Kill Bill

Jews: Inglorious Bastards

African Americans: Django Unchained

What else did I miss?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still on my 'meh' list. Something about it bothers me, and I can't put my finger on it.

Two words: Kill Bill. High on style with classic homages everywhere, but not actually a good film. Django Unchained was a bit of that for me, too.

Two words: Kill Bill. High on style with classic homages everywhere, but not actually a good film. Django Unchained was a bit of that for me, too.

I always thought Jackie Brown was the weakest of all of Tarantino's films. The dialogue wasn't as good as the other films, not to mention that Samuel L. Jackson's hairdo was the worst. People give a lot of good praise, but I just don't see it.

As weak of an ending as Kill Bill Vol. 2 was, it still has a better replay value than Jackie Brown.

• 1 month later...

Does he ever stop whining? What did he think was going to happen when he put his movie head-to-head with the biggest movie on the planet?

Did you even read the article? I think Tarantino is absolutely in the right to be pissed on this one, he has nothing against Star Wars, he's rightfully pissed about the childish petty bullshit corporate Disney pulled. Disney threatened to not show Star Wars at this theater over this, that is some really, really lame crap right there.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/16/quentin-tarantino-peeved-about-star-wars-the-force-awakens

This article, which does have an unfortunately click-baity title as well, sheds a little more light. Disney wanted an extended run for Star Wars, they asked theaters to pull Hateful Eight, Tarantino was already in an agreement with a contract to have his film shown in 70mm like he wanted at the premier, but Disney, being the a-holes they are, threatened to pull all showings of Star Wars at this theater if they didn't give into to Disney's whining. Tarantino isn't getting his premier for his new film as he was promised thanks to Disney being terrible. I get the Star Wars hype is in full swing, but there's no way you can't look at this and not understand Tarantino's point of view, and that Disney was absolutely in the wrong for handling this this way, they suck.

Edited by Tking22