Jackie Chan Movies

Thanks to Area Seven's Police Story 2013 thread and the Jackie Chan movie collection I got for Christmas, I thought it was time for a thread for it.

So the movies I got in the collection are as follows: Dragon Lord, Twin Dragons, Project A and Project A2, Armour of God, AoG 2: Operation Condor, Police Story III: Supercop and The Accidental Spy. Most of these I've seen before, albeit not in a long time and three of them, Dragon Lord, Twin Dragons and Project A2.

Dragon Lord was interesting inasmuch as its one of Jackie's early movies. There's lots of classic Jackie goofiness but I can't help but feel that most of what happens in the movie doesn't have much to do with the actual plot. Note: I read about this movie long before I saw it in Jackie's autobiography where it says the movie starts off with Jackie sending a note to his girlfriend via balloon. Someone must have mistranslated because that scene doesn't happen until fully half-way through the movie and it was a kite and said girl wasn't even really Jackie's girlfriend. Go figure, eh?

Twin Dragons was much more interesting. Jackie plays a dual role as twin brothers separated at birth. One is a world-famous pianist and conductor and the other is a street punk. Hijinx ensue and the two are mistaken for each other.

Project A: A classic Jackie movie and a well put together period piece with one of his most well known stunts. I really have to wonder how much that clock tower fall hurt, including that he had to do it more than once. :blink:

Armour of God: The movie that almost killed Jackie with a stunt that wasn't much of a stunt at all. If you pay attention, you'll see that early in the movie Jackie has short hair and then later has much longer hair... to hide the surgical scars.

Operation Condor: Mistankenly labeled here in the States as the first movie in the AoG duology, Condor has to be one of my fav Jackie movies. My fav moment has to be in the wind tunnel when he yells "Superman!" and flies toward one of the bad guys and punches him. :)

Haven't seen the others just yet.

While I enjoy Jackie Chan's '80s movies such as Police Story and Armour of God, Who Am I? is one of my all-time favorites. It has just about everything: awesome fight choreography, exotic locations, car chases, two hot Japanese chicks, and a killer theme song.

Just be sure to get the original Hong Kong version, as the U.S. version by Sony Pictures has really piss-poor editing.

One of Jackie's most underrated films is Thunderbolt. Sure, the plot is extremely shallow and it's probably the biggest Mitsubishi product placement in a Jackie Chan film, and the fights are short due to Jackie's ankle injury from Rumble in the Bronx, but it's still an enjoyable film - especially if you're a car guy. Thunderbolt was directed by Gordon Chan, who went on to stain his reputation with The Medallion before committing career suicide with The King of Fighters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtZaFKgVjc

Cut to the fight scenes: