VF-0 To buy or not to buy

Firefox

I'd wait for Arcadia's eventual release of the 0s. That's what I'm doing now. Pretty sure it would be done in the future considering the zero line was first released so long ago. Noone knows when it'll arrive so it's just a waiting game.

If you truly want a Yamato release, the ghost bundles are abit sloppy. There's a standalone 0A with all fixes that comes in a new box. 0S release with all fixes comes in the same box so you can't really tell. Go to anymoon.com for a full rundown of the releases with fixes and whatnot. Hope that helps.

I love the design of the 0's and I love my 0a, but there's good reason I keep it boxed up. It's a floppy mess!!!

I'd save your money for whenever they release an exorbitantly priced, highly detailed and fixed 0. I have faith in Arcadia's work, just not the prices.

I've heard that the second release of the VF-0A has all the fixes, but surprise that VF-0S fetch such a high price. I guess a lot of people are still interested in VF-0S. With this, Arcadia will probably do something like the YF-19 and probably similarly high price too...

I really like the look of the vf-0 , it's doesn't look that futurelistic compare to the newer vf. I got my vf-0s when it first came out and it actually held up pretty well , nothing out of the norm, nothing broke yet , Transforms and posts just fine. I also got the blue camo ghost booster pack for it .

I'm pretty sure Arcadia will release it again someday but looking at their speed probably in 2-3years

I'm still hoping they will release a vf-1D when that time comes

Guest davidwhangchoi

i have the whole vf-0 lineup minus the sv-51 mass production but i never opened a single one. on the outside, the toys look good through the cover window.

I've had a 0S since '06 and its only been out of the box a couple of times - only transformed once and wasn't really impressed. As others have said its a bit of a floppy mess - even in Fighter mode the chest droops slightly :-\ It is a beautiful bird that deserves a revision (and reactive armor!), its just a shame the OVA was so awful

I've had a 0S since '06 and its only been out of the box a couple of times - only transformed once and wasn't really impressed. As others have said its a bit of a floppy mess - even in Fighter mode the chest droops slightly :-\ It is a beautiful bird that deserves a revision (and reactive armor!), its just a shame the OVA was so awful

The reissued version I got is vastly improved as far as joints are concerned, although the two halves of the foot thrusters still leave a small gap when closed together.

I hated the OVA as well, but the VF-0S happens to be my favorite Valk design.

The reissued version I got is vastly improved as far as joints are concerned, although the two halves of the foot thrusters still leave a small gap when closed together.

I hated the OVA as well, but the VF-0S happens to be my favorite Valk design.

VF-0S was my fav macross in fighter mode, well, before I got my hands on the VF-22s...

even though I got the revision version, I kept it displayed in fighter mode.

If you're gonna get one, get the unknown soldier. Its the tightest of all the releases and the feet stay locked. Personally they just look too off for me. They remind me of 1/48s in battroid. I hope they are reworked.

I will echo the 'pass' vote of everyone else. The Zero license will go to Arcadia by default (no one else wants it) so if Arcadia is going to keep churning out Macross releases I expect a renewal of the VF-0 toys.... maybe this time with reactive armor in mind and an easy way of adapting for a VF-0D toy.

VF-0S was my fav macross in fighter mode, well, before I got my hands on the VF-22s...

even though I got the revision version, I kept it displayed in fighter mode.

It's sturdy enough in all three modes, but the VF-0S's fighter mode is probably the best looking mode of all. B))

I would give it a pass. If my brain is not faulty here, I think even Graham was alluring to a renewal at one stage.

Aside from all the other major issues, the one thing that also use to annoy me was that those metal tabs were in the way of the hips/intakes for Battroid mode.

If there is a renewal planned, then I hope this is addressed as well.

I will say though, that even today it is still in all 3 modes an overall proportionally well balanced Valkyrie toy from Yamato.

If you really had to have it in your collection in say '07-'08 and not really intend to play with them I would say go ahead. I hope they do make a renewal of these, but I wonder if they would do well with how bad the Zero franchise is lacking in popularity.

I actually feel like the Mac F tie in was done to try to spark interest in the Zero franchise, but not so sure it worked.

I own all the Yamato Zero toys and they do look great sitting there, but don't expect to have much fun as far as playability is concerned.

Then there is always this:

Edited by Loop

I've owned a VF-0S and A, I had ZERO .......................................issues with my S, but 15 minutes into my VF-0A the head turret snapped off, then the bicep disintegrated after just 1 swivel during transformation. But again, I never had these problems with my S so i was pretty damn surprised. But ya, wasn't the only one who had those issues.

If Arcadia does re-release the VF-0 I'll be excited and probably buy.

My VF-0S held on well for many years.

But after 6.5 years, this what happened - extreme yellowing (don't let the pic fool you. I had to tone down the saturation so it won't look like it walked out from an urine bowl), due to my very own neglect.

Some small tabs are broken and massively loose joints on the arms and knees. Granted, I enjoyed playing and swooshing with it. To me it is still the BEST looking VF in fighter mode. Gerwalk is sick and battriod is only so-so.

But I had a good time playing with it. And if Arcadia does a noew renewal Zero (0A and 0S and 0D), I am snapping these up.

p1040518.jpg

p1040524.jpg

p1040521.jpg

p1040526.jpg

p1040541.jpg

Edited by TCracker

The VF-0S with all the fixes is pretty good, but I'd stay away from any of the others. As well as being froppy messes, the grey plastc biceps have a nasty habit of sponaneously disintergrating.

Graham

That's what happened to my 0A during a transformation. Luckily I was able to look at info here and fix it. But it stays in the box now.

Nice pics!

Sorry to hear about the yellowing. What happened? Heat, sunlight, UV light from fluorescent tubes or energy-saving bulbs, or cigarette smoke?

One year in a room brightly light with cfl's only equals uv exposure of 8 mins in the sun. I have been using cfl's bulbs for over a decade. No yellowing on any of my valks, G1 jetfires or Victory Saber. I also keep my curtains open all the time. Don't use tanning bed bulbs and no direct sunlight and you should be fine.

One year in a room brightly light with cfl's only equals uv exposure of 8 mins in the sun. I have been using cfl's bulbs for over a decade. No yellowing on any of my valks, G1 jetfires or Victory Saber. I also keep my curtains open all the time. Don't use tanning bed bulbs and no direct sunlight and you should be fine.

That's very informative. Thanks for that!

Thanks for the info! In this case, I guess it should be perfectly safe to use energy-saving bulbs on my "uplight" floor lamp. The bulb is aimed upwards, and the light basically hits the ceiling and walls, and reflects off of them, so whatever UV rays that are generated will be absorbed by the walls.