Add Weapon Set to 1/72 VF 25 - Missiles

strike_kf

Hey everyone....new to Macross. Just wondering if anyone here has ever added a weapons (missiles) set to any VF 25 1/72?

Here's an example - see picture. The modeler (Kasl) added it to has 1/72 VF 25G. Would any know how to do so and explain the process?

Thanks an advance.

post-28534-0-23027200-1388283008_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-79697600-1388283015_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-82501300-1388283021_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-29633700-1388283049_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-29888500-1388283075_thumb.jpg

The new hasegawa VF-25S/F has some missiles included in them.

Even if you wanted to place it on the Bandais, I think it's as easy as having some hardpoints and missiles from another leftover military aircraft sprue and drilling some holes into the 25 to fit those hardpoints.

It looks like the "conventional" ordinance has some embellishments on it to make it look more futurisitc. The GBU-27 fins look different. The AMRAAMs are nice reproductions though. - MT

Wow, that custom is so many level of badass!

As said before, get an extra set of missiles and the hard point, those hard point always have two tabs to attach, measure where you want the hard point to attach, drill two holes, attach and glue.

Do you wish to do something similar as the model you showed or attach hard points to the wings?

Wow, that custom is so many level of badass!

As said before, get an extra set of missiles and the hard point, those hard point always have two tabs to attach, measure where you want the hard point to attach, drill two holes, attach and glue.

Do you wish to do something similar as the model you showed or attach hard points to the wings?

As the model shown and not attach to the wings. Sorry not very familiar with aircraft terms....what are hard points? Any links or pictures that show how it would be to follow either on marcoss or model aircrafts as reference?

Thanks everyone.

Good question! I actually had to look that one up. My first inclination was to tell you it's any reinforced location on the aircraft that's designed to carry something. That something can be as simple as a travel pod (an empty cylinder with a door on it for putting cargo in) or as complicated as a missile, bomb or electronic device.

But then I realised the hard points might only refer to those reinforced areas specifically on the wings.

After a quick search (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardpoint) I discovered it's my first example.

So in the custom you're looking at, the thing the missiles mount on is called a pylon. You don't often see the missile directly mounted to the aircraft, though there are exceptions (F-4, F-14, F-15, Eurofighter Typhoon...) ok on second thought, directly mounted weapons are pretty common! But usually only missiles.

Back to your inspiration- the pylon in use is actually mounted to the wing glove on the VF-25 (the wing glove is the part of the fat section of wing that hides the swinging part). The anime never shows this arrangement (the hard points are on the swinging part of the wing in the anime) so it's unique in that the builder set it up like a Navy Tomcat, which also lacks mounting points in the wings.

But I digress. What people are saying is that the missiles are mounted to a pylon, likely stolen from a tomcat kit. You'll need to either make one from scratch, or get a cheap tomcat kit to get these parts. You'll also need to come up with a way to attach the pylon to the valk.

Sorry about the long winded ness. ;)

Edited by mickyg