Are we allowed to discuss Robotech here?

isamu

I'm just asking because I never see any Robotech related topics in this forum and wondering why? I realize there's a lot of RT haters here but I'm just curious what Harmony Gold is up to these days, and what their plans are for the RT franchise? Are they still releasing RT-related shows? Do they have any plans to sell the rights to Macross in the near future?

Cause I'm in this mood right now but this is generally how HG is seen here:

Interests: Real Estate and sitting on the Macross license.

Plans: continuing to whet rt fans with half baked plans. See live action movie and new RT/Voltron comic.

Shows: why of course they're planning to release shows. They keep telling us they are at every con. Don't you believe them?

Selling Macross rights: HG overlord, "mwahahahahaha!!!! Let us keep milking our golden goose! It prints money"

They(HG) mostly come out at night. Mostly.

1.There's never many topics because they almost always devolve into pointless arguments, and people looking to just be d-bags. That goes for both sides of the coin. The threads usually end up locked.

2.HG is really up to nothing right now outside of working with WEP to make a Voltron comic crossover, that will supposedly lead to more stand alone robotech comics. Other than that they had Robotech:Love Live Alive come out and are still waiting for the Live Action film to progress.

3.They have no interest in selling the rights to Macross anytime soon.

Thanks guys. Much appreciate your courteous and candid answers. Very interesting info. Looks like they're not up to much these days. It's too bad about what you say regarding all topics turning into flame wars and people acting like dbags. I hope we can have a mature, adult oriented discussion about RT, without it turning hostile.

I fully acknowledge the wrong doings of HG, but personally, a part me still likes Robotech and watch it occasionally. Obviously I like pure Macross a lot more :)

My kids love the 'Rick Hunter' theme music, and jump all around when its played.

Its a great hero adventure tune I never get sick of.

"I'm going to have to make you eat those words commander - comin' in . . ."

Dahhhhhhhh - DaDahDaDahhh - DaDahDaDahhh - DaDahDaDahhh - Da Da Da Dahhhh

If anything does happen, trust me, it will show up. But as nothing is going on, the topics drop down in the list, and don't show up on the first page (HENCE why we tell people to look past the 1st page OR use Search. IT'S. NOT. THAT. HARD.)

For example, as of posting:

Robotech live action movie - Last post, Jul.26, 2013.

Robotech-Voltron comic Last post: Jul. 16, 2013

Has anything happened since? NO. If something happens that's worth yapping about, we will know about it. Till then, they sit in sleep-mode.