batman1234

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

Official Trailer :

Genre : Animation, Action, Adventure

Starring : Jay Baruchel, Kristen Wiig, America Ferrera

Plot : It's been five years since Hiccup and Toothless successfully united dragons and vikings on the island of Berk. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island's new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Now, Hiccup and Toothless must unite to stand up for what they believe while recognizing that only together do they have the power to change the future of both men and dragons.

Release date : 13 June, 2014

HTTYD was an excellent movie--see where earnestness gets you, DreamWorks? Eh?

I'm avoiding all trailers and spoilers as much as I can, and looking forward to the content itself. The world of the film can support a new story since the first movie only took place around a small area--but the question remains how they can make HIccup interesting again, when the film finished his character arc off pretty nicely.

I actually enjoyed the first movie. Went in with low expectations with the wife and was pleasantly surprised. Give the first movie a chance if you haven't seen it. It can hold its own against any Disney fair and I am an unabashed Disney fanboy. I'll probably see the second when it's out on video.

It will be very difficult to achieve the awe and immersion of the first film with a sequel, even if this sequel is a good movie in it's own right. The first "How to Train Your Dragon" film managed to outdo Avatar for immersion, with flying scenes so dynamic and exhilarating it was like watching Macross Plus for the first time again. I agree this trailer spoils ways too much, which means I may not see it after all. Shame because it may be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump! Saw this instead of Edge of Tomorrow (sorry guys!). Dang, in one word---emotional. Seriously, a couple scenes are going to have the entire theater sniffling their tears back. (it helps the mood a lot to have a quiet showing of just adults, with no little kids yelling at the screen)

I saw it this past weekend as well as I am a big fan of the first one........and completely AGREE!! This movie was incredible!

]

And also have to agree with him that it's better than Frozen.

Completely agree here too and with the second video. Unfortunately, like the first one, it will be overlooked by, IMO, an overrated disney cg movie. HTTYD/ToyStory 3 and HTTYD 2/Frozen. Now I liked both of those Disney movies but just didn't get the Hype that they both have/had. The HTTYD's just reached me on emotional levels that I guess the Disney's seem to do with most other people.

Anyway, HTTYD 2. I was sooo pleased that it is as good as it is and was not just a cash grab sequel. I really liked how they aged the characters, something you don't see in a lot of animated films....and there are definite moments in this move that harken back to the old classics that a lot of modern animated movies just won't go to anymore. Looking forward to #3

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Everyone should definitely watch the 2nd vid, as I totally agree with pretty much every word he says.

Especially 1:25-1:35 in. Yup!

And also have to agree with him that it's better than Frozen.

You can't see it right now over the internet, but I'm giving you a very disapproving look.

I saw it this past weekend as well as I am a big fan of the first one........and completely AGREE!! This movie was incredible!

] Completely agree here too and with the second video. Unfortunately, like the first one, it will be overlooked by, IMO, an overrated disney cg movie. HTTYD/ToyStory 3 and HTTYD 2/Frozen. Now I liked both of those Disney movies but just didn't get the Hype that they both have/had. The HTTYD's just reached me on emotional levels that I guess the Disney's seem to do with most other people.

Anyway, HTTYD 2. I was sooo pleased that it is as good as it is and was not just a cash grab sequel. I really liked how they aged the characters, something you don't see in a lot of animated films....and there are definite moments in this move that harken back to the old classics that a lot of modern animated movies just won't go to anymore. Looking forward to #3

Chris

I don't know, at the very least Toy Story 3 had a relatively mature theme so I wouldn't knock it much. Ont he other hand Frozen is okay but will be remembered because little girls like princesses.

Saw it with my wife this weekend. Great movie. Eyes got a little moist a few times. I like how they matured Hiccup's character. Also, despite a certain major event, Hiccup's worldview is much more upbeat and positive than the first film, which I hope will translate to the third sequel, b/c you know it's going to happen.