Name the three best looking Macross valks

YF-29 Durandal

Name what you think are the three best looking Macross valks.

I will go first.

3rd place: VF-25F Messiah Yeah I think that this one looks better than the VF-25S... sorry Ozma.

2nd place: VF-27r Lucifer Brera Sterne Custom

1st place: YF-29 Durandal Alto Saotome Custom

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

To me, in no particular order:

• VF-11B/C Thunderbolt III -- it has such clean lines.
  • VF-0A/D/S Phoenix -- D aside, this one is just like the VF-1, only better in aesthetic terms.
  • YF-21/VF-22 -- one of the cleanest F modes, and it's inspired by the YF-23 Black Widow II ATF... 'nuff said.

Honorable mentions to the VF-1, VF-2, and VF-171.

Edited by mechaninac

1. VF-19E/F/S

2. VF-5000

3. VB-6

Reasons are:

1) neat, well balanced evolution of the VF, but what really gets me is the economy of line in the Macross 7 rendition of the VF-19 design. VF design never got better than this level of craftsmanship and eloquence.

2) sleek and internalized weapons. It's the perfect upgrade to the VF-1, without being over the top like the AVF, nor diving into the deep end of munchkinism like the YF-24 and its decedents do (+ the YF-30).

3) lots of respect for Kawamori-san for fitting a Destroid Monster GERWALK mode into a space shuttle. THIS is where one can see the extent of his creative genius.

That said, I always go back to the VF-1, 'cuz it was the first and is STILL the most realistic looking (heh, if transforming jets can be considered realistic).

Edited by sketchley

1. VF-25

2. YF-19/VF-19A

3. VF-2SS

I love the image of the VF-25F where alto sits on the plane. That Fighter-Mode is gorgeous. I would say of all variants I like the G the most due to the sniper rifle, the hue of the blue color, the mono-eye and because it its the only Messiah (just the nick-name Messiah is great) that looks good with Tornado Parts.

I really like the forward fuselage behind the cockpit and the transforming Super and Armor Parts. The best piece however is the curvature on the outer side of the shield.

I prefer the YF-19/VF-19A over the VF-19K/S/F/P because it looks more like a real piece of military gear. The VF-19 in M7 looks more like an anime super hero then anything else. I love how sleek the wings fold in when it transforms to Battroid-Mode and the mono boob is a unique design that I really like. It also has cool features like the arm weapon and there is something about prototype planes that speaks to me. The YF-23 (the inspiration for the YF-21) is just cool looking.

The VF-2SS really looks like the successor of the VF-1 more then other Valkyries (some would call it a clone :p). It has a wonky leg transformation but something about the canopy cover the head and the general look of the Valk just gets me. In addition the SAP Packs are great except when they get ready to fire that ginormous rail gun. The packs are great with all the small opening missile bays and the storage for the different sized rail guns.

Edited by Scyla

VF1S Strike----not much to say. Clean and a bit busy, compact, gets the job done.

VF19/YF19----neat transformation, fantastic battroid modes

YF21/VF22S---top for me. How to make a flat and wide plane into a sleek, tall and thin battroid. Extra points for the YF21 head. Dual gunpods. Integrates the hip armour better than any other VF for me.