Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

1 minute ago, Mog said:

Yup, pretty much:  http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1324

As @Big s pointed out, they look best in fighter and half-Gerwalk modes.

Can’t really do much in battroid mode, other than stand up somewhat straight.

The little kaiyodo figures did a pretty fun itty bitty 1s battroid and a 1j armored figure to go with these, but I think those were the only to of the Valkyries that had battroid only figures in the line. The tomahawk was by far my favorite from them

12 hours ago, Big s said:

The little kaiyodo figures did a pretty fun itty bitty 1s battroid and a 1j armored figure to go with these, but I think those were the only to of the Valkyries that had battroid only figures in the line. The tomahawk was by far my favorite from them

I only got this set not too long ago, and it was mostly for the Tomahawk & Vf-1J Armored too. :good:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I was wondering what figure that was (later posts answered it).

Yah, Kevin from Valkyrie-Exchange gave it as a little extra for one of my orders way back in the day.

It’s a fun little bugger to mess with, when you need a break from work.

31 minutes ago, MKT said:

From a lot of angles, VF-31 have the most insectoid body shape, but the bug-eyed 31F head completes the look.. :p 

1282211754_VF-31FBattroidv1NRM2editnt.jpg.8a30334ff9da0b9498bc68a45d2749a7.jpg

Ever since the release of the VF-25 I knew this was coming where VFs were going to resemble insects. This turned me off of Macross for a couple of years, or at least the current at the time series.

Good thing it was only through the V.1. Once the designs grew on me it was easy to dive into the V.2.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

From a lot of angles, VF-31 have the most insectoid body shape, but the bug-eyed 31F head completes the look.. :p 

1282211754_VF-31FBattroidv1NRM2editnt.jpg.8a30334ff9da0b9498bc68a45d2749a7.jpg

I didn’t know the 31 had a Super Sentai mode. 😁

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Ever since the release of the VF-25 I knew this was coming where VFs were going to resemble insects. This turned me off of Macross for a couple of years, or at least the current at the time series.

Good thing it was only through the V.1. Once the designs grew on me it was easy to dive into the V.2.

The thin body & limbs sort of mirrored Kawamori’s own fashion sense I guess? Lol..

VF-25 was still very acceptable to me when I first came across it, but with the VF-31, just that big hump on the back throws the overall proportions off quite a bit. Its not really back kibble in TF toys kind of way, but it sure looks a lot like it…

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I didn’t know the 31 had a Super Sentai mode. 😁

Not sure what you mean, but is it regarding the crotch flap? 

I think I inadvertently bumped it out too far whilst moving the toy into place for the shot, & didn’t notice until well into processing. :lol:

Couple of leftover pics from when I was messing with the HMR VF-2SS not long ago... One other thing I like about the cockpit canopy, is that although it is green tinted, it is still quite transparent and hence can make out the details within, rather nicely for its scale. Take that Chogokin 31!

1644673296_VF-2SSNexxfrontv1.0NRM2dramaticnt.JPG.fa2f2343e4fc032fad8fdffa21ffaada.JPG

1482490093_VF-2SSSylvieGerwalktopv1.1NRM2nt.JPG.184a7788e02697ccaafc0fcba97ebc65.JPG

Edited by MKT

8 hours ago, MKT said:

1644673296_VF-2SSNexxfrontv1.0NRM2dramaticnt.JPG.fa2f2343e4fc032fad8fdffa21ffaada.JPG

1482490093_VF-2SSSylvieGerwalktopv1.1NRM2nt.JPG.184a7788e02697ccaafc0fcba97ebc65.JPG

Love it! :wub: 

Like I said before, this one really deserves a 1/60th scale DX Version. What are you waiting for Bandai-san? Drop the Fire Bomber and Omega One projects, and do this one instead. Now! Pronto! :spiteful:

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it! :wub: 

Like I said before, this one really deserves a 1/60th scale DX Version. What are you waiting for Bandai-san? Drop the Fire Bomber and Omega One projects, and do this one instead. Now! Pronto! :spiteful:

I am pretty satisfied with the HMR, but DX is always welcome! Part of me though, wish Bandai would continue the Macross 2 HMR line. Really want them to do a VF-2JA, and eventually a Zentran VF-XX as something different. Hate to think that Macross 2 valks are looking to be on a long hiatus yet again..  

Wasn't very happy with a previous SV-262Hs pic, so went ahead and re-did it.

I'm not familiar with in-universe mechanics, but it appears the 'eyes' for all the valks in Delta are self-illuminated? This as compared to Frontier, whereby although some scenes show the eyes / lens light up, it is more akin to external light reflecting off them instead..

322668378_SV-262HsBattroidv5.1NRM2editnt2.jpg.2fb1d9f1e6b2d327959150980045d0df.jpg

Edited by MKT

4 hours ago, MKT said:

I'm not familiar with in-universe mechanics, but it appears all the 'eyes' for all the valks in Delta are self-illuminated? This as compared to Frontier, whereby although some scenes show the eyes / lens light up, it is more akin to external light reflecting off them instead..

322668378_SV-262HsBattroidv5.1NRM2editnt2.jpg.2fb1d9f1e6b2d327959150980045d0df.jpg

reflection or not, that is the coolest thing i've seen today😁 it looks lit from the inside.

11 hours ago, MKT said:

I'm not familiar with in-universe mechanics, but it appears the 'eyes' for all the valks in Delta are self-illuminated? This as compared to Frontier, whereby although some scenes show the eyes / lens light up, it is more akin to external light reflecting off them instead..

Nice shot! :good: :wub: 

I'm still waiting for Elvis Draken, Bandai-san.

image.gif.d5925a1f79a843ad36d84fbb34b27a43.gif