Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Oh nice. You put the double stripes on the non-centered head lasers too and even managed to get the curved line on the circular part. The whole thing looks great with the extra decaling. 👍

I know, right? All Bandai had to do was print a few more (major imo) details and it would have really made the HMR 0S stand out.

57 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

A perfect example of not trusting any image you see on the internet to judge colors of anything.😉

Unless you know how the image was processed and have a properly calibrated monitor for that image, it won't do anything but frustrate people who are particular about color matching.

I hear that.  

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

60B11D30-EC1B-42C0-AFEE-0D062F669DD5.jpeg.69a4a0823d31afbfabdd45c62cabd9fe.jpeg

E49F7ACE-FDC1-48DA-918B-2154AD2657E7.jpeg.3264f629f4e237dda107c84842e1c69a.jpeg

The other issue is the colors in the anime. The darker colors are the shadow and if you look at the areas where it’s lighter it matches better. Anime and comic lighting ccolors are pretty confusing and Bandai probably matched the lighter orange rather than the darker. The tan parts should be less yellow and more gray brown though 

27 minutes ago, Big s said:

The other issue is the colors in the anime. The darker colors are the shadow and if you look at the areas where it’s lighter it matches better. Anime and comic lighting ccolors are pretty confusing and Bandai probably matched the lighter orange rather than the darker. The tan parts should be less yellow and more gray brown though 

That doesn’t match. I was using the lighted areas as a reference.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

A perfect example of not trusting any image you see on the internet to judge colors of anything.😉

Unless you know how the image was processed and have a properly calibrated monitor for that image, it won't do anything but frustrate people who are particular about color matching.

No offense, but this is not applicable to Arcadia's VF-0D, right? :spiteful:

:lol:

Yeah, it's just always funny to me that people are using different monitors, differently lighted subjects and different frames of animation or other source material with no idea what processing or degradation there is to those sources to compare or often criticize the color of some toy. Its just a peeve of mine since properly calibrated monitors and reference source material is a basic need for any significant color criticism. I just like to enjoy cool pics like above and leave the color issues to color scientists with the proper resources.