Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

Was thinking of the episode where Gamlin and Basara were flying next to each other and deflecting attacks with their shields

Have no idea why pics get flipped...

post-28635-0-31112600-1431229419_thumb.jpg

Edited by DuffCon

Received my gun straps today and fitted a few up! They look fantastic and really add another dynamic to Battroid mode!

Im kicking myself for not buying these sooner! A big thanks again to DarrinG for making these available again! Great work buddy! :D

Hikaru lookin like a BOSS! B))

20150511_211853.jpg

Alaska Base guard in a rather casual pose with his gun pod slung over his shoulder! ^_^

20150511_213022.jpg

20150511_213132.jpg

will slowly fit up some more during the week! B))

BT_3_excel.jpg

bored at home whilst off sick with a bad migraine so I thought I'd attempt a re-shuffle of my YF-29 bunch.. never been happy with how I had these displayed so im trying new ideas.

how's this look with them flying in formation? im open to other suggestions so feel free to comment. ^_^

These bloody Ikea cabinets are just too cramped and don't give you much room to move.. <_<

20150519_100444.jpg

A little more off work sick - boredom relief - Macross collection re-shuffle therapy.. I decided to group all my 29's together which I think makes a little more sense.

They are a little cramped but I think it looks good! Will have another display issue once the Percival arrives.. will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Also switched modes of my CF-25 to something a little more interesting than fighter on landing gears.. Looks pretty cool!

Had to use the Gerwalk mode stiffener bracket thingy for the first time ever! Locks in nice and tight! Those fast packs must weigh enough to cause the back end to droop down..

20150519_152320.jpg

20150519_154412.jpg

Edited by spanner76

was feeling a little bored again so I thought I'd fiddle around with a Valk.. -_- here is DYRL Hikaru lookin casual just chillaxin! :D I think its quite a natural pose! ^_^

20150524_181940.jpg

That's very creative. It's amazing how much you can get out of this mold from 7 years ago.

It's still my firm belief that the V2 is the single best thing Yamato every produced overall. (after the shoulder pin and rainbow canopy issues were resolved). Never had a single issue with any of mine. The 19's people hated the ankles, the 17's, well, they still draw blood every time you touch it, the 11's the heatshield was and still is a b*tch for some people, the 21 belly plates are hard to align but more importantly it's legs were not good enough to support it standing. A close 2nd for the VF-4 and DYRL SDF-1 but it doesn't really count as it was a very simple transformation and both were not produced more than once.

the 21 belly plates are hard to align but more importantly it's legs were not good enough to support it standing.

Sorry, but that part I bolded is a simple, outright lie.

The 21 can stand perfectly fine on its own, thank you very much:

gallery_3595_72_160068.jpg

gallery_3595_72_214833.jpg

gallery_3595_72_124202.jpg

Sorry, but that part I bolded is a simple, outright lie.

The 21 can stand perfectly fine on its own, thank you very much:

gallery_3595_72_160068.jpg

gallery_3595_72_214833.jpg

gallery_3595_72_124202.jpg

That is a great custom. The 21/22's have limited standing capability. Can you get them to stand? Yes. Can they stand how ever you may want? No. Just look at how spread apart the legs are on yours. I am sure you could retort with a different pose. It is not the best at standing. I still love mine. I have all of the molds/redecos of the 21/22's. I wouldn't go about lambasting people for mentioning its issues when getting it to stand. Can't stand is an over statement, but so is saying it is the best at standing.

QC variance plays a part as well. My Max and Miria 22's are crisp and tight. My 21 is decent. My Gamlin is the loosest of the bunch.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Thanks for the compliment on the custom.

But please don't put words into my post, ChaoticYeti: I never said the 21/22 was "the best at standing."

I know the Omega has its issues. And if you look at my post, you'll see I made no mention of derex3592's comment about aligning the bellyplates. . . . Because getting the legs and arms to line up in fighter mode AND getting the bellyplates properly tabbed in everywhere is hard as stink.

I've dealt with far worse toys and figures that were damn near impossible to keep standing and still hold a cool pose. The 21 is definitely NOT in that category, and I've never personally felt limited by its posing options.

Now, can you complain about the 21's legs being skinny? Sure. But as you pointed out, saying that "its legs were not good enough to support it standing" is an overstatement.

As for me, I personally don't mind the skinny legs, because of this:

gallery_3595_72_62711.jpg

Between going with thicker legs or a thin profile in fighter mode, I'm glad Yamato went with the slimmed-out fighter profile in its design choices.

I'll take that sexy side profile every time over the "plane strapped to an underside brick" look that a number of transforming plane/mecha toys have nowadays.

Edited by Mog

Thanks for the compliment on the custom.

But please don't put words into my post, ChaoticYeti: I never said the 21/22 was "the best at standing."

I know the Omega has its issues. And if you look at my post, you'll see I made no mention of derex3592's comment about aligning the bellyplates. . . . Because getting the legs and arms to line up in fighter mode AND getting the bellyplates properly tabbed in everywhere is hard as stink.

I've dealt with far worse toys and figures that were damn near impossible to keep standing and still hold a cool pose. The 21 is definitely NOT in that category, and I've never personally felt limited by its posing options.

Now, can you complain about the 21's legs being skinny? Sure. But as you pointed out, saying that "its legs were not good enough to support it standing" is an overstatement.

As for me, I personally don't mind the skinny legs, because of this:

gallery_3595_72_62711.jpg

Between going with thicker legs or a thin profile in fighter mode, I'm glad Yamato went with the slimmed-out fighter profile in its design choices.

I'll take that sexy side profile every time over the "plane strapped to an underside brick" look that a number of transforming plane/mecha toys have nowadays.

I didn't misquote you. I did not say you said it was the best at standing. I made a statement about how both extremes of the argument were inaccurate regardless of your post.

This is the internet. Lighten up. :)