Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

21 hours ago, Mog said:

When you want to remind the Zentradi how many Regults and Glaugs you’ve taken down:

C8B90F6E-30FF-4138-AF07-079CE6255C92.thumb.jpeg.a8d0c6a5e5f02742f9a1af8ded9aecaf.jpeg

Figured it was time to crack open the mini fridge box, break out the other super pack (rocking the @Anasazi37 stickers), and switch out the strike cannon:

AF51F679-A498-4D46-9222-D262B7526E44.thumb.jpeg.534f235c9b3c083c7ca9e088b0c489ee.jpeg

You make me regret not buying the stealth set from Mandarake a few days ago. :hail:

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You make me regret not buying the stealth set from Mandarake a few days ago. :hail:

28 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ditto!

-b.

Just right time and right place many years ago.

One of the guys that used to post here a long, long time ago set up a group buy on his own message board, and I was able to get in on one.

Plus, seeing all the customs being made and posted here back then gave me the itch to do my own slight minor custom.

If you do get the full Stealth set, be ready to see a MASSIVE box.  It may not be a mini fridge, but it’s still pretty freakin’ huge.

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks.....I look forward to what you can do with the Chinese Dress Minmay...

I'm thinking of several iconic images with that specific Minmay outfit I think would be cool to recreate!

:friends:

:drinks:  Let me know what images you have in mind and I'll look into doing the pose.  

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

:drinks:  Let me know what images you have in mind and I'll look into doing the pose.  

I want to try the anime mag cover, but that one will take some time to try and get it to look good....lots of layering will be involved....

Maybe an easy one like the IMAI kits.....and the Misa too since she is wearing the same uniform on the boxart as the fig...we'll have to see if she can make the pose....if so, I am sure you can nail it! :good:

Macross-Misa-Hayase-Lynn-Minmay-1-12-vin

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I want to try the anime mag cover, but that one will take some time to try and get it to look good....lots of layering will be involved....

Maybe an easy one like the IMAI kits.....and the Misa too since she is wearing the same uniform on the boxart as the fig...we'll have to see if she can make the pose....if so, I am sure you can nail it! :good:

Macross-Misa-Hayase-Lynn-Minmay-1-12-vin

I might do the Misa pose today.  Maybe I’ll take out the Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 and display it behind her.  I’ll see about getting Minmay’s arms posed that way based on the limits of the articulation.

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice gunpod smoke effect! :good:

Thanks.  I have spare HMR gunpods so I glued the smoke effect onto the gunpod.  I like how the VF-1D pose came out.  I’ll definitely do the pose again with the DX but unfortunately I won’t be removing the left arm like the HMR.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I might do the Misa pose today.  Maybe I’ll take out the Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 and display it behind her.  I’ll see about getting Minmay’s arms posed that way based on the limits of the articulation.

Cool....if you don't mind...also take a pic of the SDF-1 by itself.....I was thinking of just adding the Misa fig, but I like your idea better....I can try both because why not! :drinks:

MacrossWorld presents another exciting episode of............

large.1677757636_WhatIf.....JPG.ed84198c

What if Takatoku Toys had never went out of business and kept on delighting Macross fans by producing bigger and better Macross Toys during the past 3 decades?....

Here we see a promo poster for their highly anticipated Destroid Monster in 1/100 scale, joining the previously released 1/100 scale line of Destroids:  Defender, Spartan, Phalanx and Tomahawk!!!  All Sold Separately!  Collect Them All!

large.1178183182_Monster-TTHMRposter2.jp

Edited by jvmacross

On 2/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, jvmacross said:

I can re-do it once you have the second version of the pic!  :good:

large.461034970_IMAIMisa.jpg.bbb4bf28a60

1706713A-72CD-4EFA-AB69-2B3C68A3577E.jpeg

large.998858527_KCIMAIMisa.jpg.fead9ac80

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

large.misapose.JPG.882b0acc7621acb125910bd031033e87.JPG

:drinks:

:hi:

:good:

:yahoo:

Ok...the new pic is much clearer and makes the overall pic look much better IMO....

large.1208621663_IMAIMisaKC2.jpg.cc42f78

....I'm not going to argue or defend the merits of the sculpt.....as Kyle Reese said of the Terminator......