Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

3 hours ago, MKT said:

That’s looking really brutal lol.. the v1 look to have pretty decent articulation. Ok I’m quite convinced now to get one. :good:

For it’s time, it was alright.  

But those legs are brutal.  A flexi/FlightPose stand can help.  But don’t expect to do one legged poses or have the legs kicking out, without some support under it.

Along with the issues of them being removable, those legs are practically Toynami floppy with how heavy they are.

It’s nice to have the Yammy V1, and it was fun posing it with the Q-Rau (since they’re the same scale).  But it will probably be the last Macross item I’d ever take down from the attic.

21 hours ago, MKT said:

Not a recreation, but something in spirit. Might be enough to trigger Isamu’s PTSD again lol..

Absolutely gorgeous in every aspect. Thanks for sharing. More!

Rounding off the 1/60 Mac+ VFs, is the VF-11b. I can imagine it being thought of as a very underrated design in comparison to its more well-known compatriots in the series, and probably still holds true today. Again, it is one of those valks whose Fighter mode just looks so 'right' to me with a very swoosh-able design. :p 

2059720157_VF-11BFighterv2.0NRM2nt.jpg.ef2fceb9e1b726320de08a2d690f4cb7.jpg

I don't know how much are the wings supposed to be tucked in for fast-mode. In the anime, they look to be swept back halfway (the somewhat early scene where Isamu chases after Guld to save him from crashing), but in the line-art, they tuck in fully.

VF-11BFlightFMNRM2Cnt.jpg.7d62344da6f1f189f5f781e1b98e5fd8.jpg

Edited by MKT

On 1/21/2023 at 6:30 AM, MKT said:

Thanks for the compliment guys. :hail:

It’s great the GNU-Dou exists, especially for the YF-21 to give us something more line-art accurate in Battroid. Just waiting for Bandai to release their 1/60 YF-21 now..

89262346-3DF6-4F76-BD87-340CC5792227.jpeg.3f857b57b6ee9b6641dea25f8c1b8fa4.jpeg

Nice shot! :wub:  :good: 

Thanks @no3Ljm ^_^

On 1/26/2023 at 12:41 PM, Froy said:

Design wise it is probably the best Yamato era toy.

The only thing it misses is on the size of the horizontal stabilizers. 

If it is equiped with the booster it is pretty much perfect.

You might mean the vertical stabilizers, and I agree, they could be much bigger.

Handling these Yamcadia valks in Fighter, there's always a sense of occasion I don't get with Bandai's Chogokins. For example, deploying the landing gears is great pleasure in tactile feel, from the way the bay doors snap open / close and the just-right resistance you get moving the gears into position. But of course, there are some misses - YF-21/VF-22 rear gears being an example, and Arcadia's VF-0 rear bay doors are akin to fighting a very resolute clam in sealing itself shut not letting you get to the meat. :p  

42 minutes ago, MKT said:

Thanks @no3Ljm ^_^

You might mean the vertical stabilizers, and I agree, they could be much bigger.

Handling these Yamcadia valks in Fighter, there's always a sense of occasion I don't get with Bandai's Chogokins. For example, deploying the landing gears is great pleasure in tactile feel, from the way the bay doors snap open / close and the just-right resistance you get moving the gears into position. But of course, there are some misses - YF-21/VF-22 rear gears being an example, and Arcadia's VF-0 rear bay doors are akin to fighting a very resolute clam in sealing itself shut not letting you get to the meat. :p  

Someone asked ages ago why there's a guitar pick in my pictures of disassembled valkyries. That's why. ;)

Fantastic shots BTW @MKT :good:

Thanks @Lolicon :)

Bandai's upcoming HG YF-19 kit looks to be also aimed at the toy audience as well, what with the play-friendly partsforming engineering & crazy articulation it provides. This will likely be the first Macross model kit I get. Meanwhile, the GNU-Dou YF-19 and its VF-19A variant here, in its base form will feel pretty outdated in the articulation department. But in-hand, I like the choice of mostly ABS plastics used and makes the whole figure feel very robust.

692051457_GNUVF-19ANRM2Bnt.jpg.cba3cd61004db6a94f97269f78c01e27.jpg

Isamu does what he does best when not flying..

426011479_Isamuv2NRM2nt.jpg.368d1014ede80eae27c186f4a0662c07.jpg

I like this figure, I wish there were more made of him. But more than that, I wish there was a corresponding figure of Guld as well. Even more than Guld, I wish there was Myung & full-size Sharon..

1086187935_Isamuv5NRM2nt.jpg.db96cc03fbe403910ecefbd8dc7f153f.jpg

On 1/30/2023 at 12:20 AM, MKT said:

Isamu does what he does best when not flying..

426011479_Isamuv2NRM2nt.jpg.368d1014ede80eae27c186f4a0662c07.jpg

I like this figure, I wish there were more made of him. But more than that, I wish there was a corresponding figure of Guld as well. Even more than Guld, I wish there was Myung & full-size Sharon..

Cool shot. And me too on all those characters.

• 2 weeks later...