Macross 7

Roy's Blues

(I dealize this is subjective so I can't defend this poisition, it is just my opinion)

Who are you and what have you done with Agent ONE?

You are right! I am cool. Really cool. I now have a new reason to love myself. What a great Christmas.

Oh, okay. All is right with the world.

If you're not going to be open to discussion, then there's no point in you expressing your views either. Bottom line seems to be, you dislike 7 because you "choose to."

Don't forget that disliking Macross 7 also shows how COOL you are. Because when you're you're too insecure with your own sexuality, you gotta be BADASS and hate singing dudes and all sorts of other "fruityness." :rolleyes:

At least half the people out there hate Macross 7 just because it's the "cool" thing to do.

Really!?

So it is cool to hate M7!?

Well I am pretty bad ass... Hmmm

You are right! I am cool. Really cool. I now have a new reason to love myself. What a great Christmas.

My coolness is right up there too!

I love door knobs, door knobs like Keith who not only like that loser show M7, but also emulate the know it all but wrong nature of the lame ass M7 character Basara. Reminds me of so many fruits that wander into my neighborhood in SF from the Castro. They act like they really know something, kind of an arogance, but they are really sissies who have no job and are lookin for a free lunch.

The show would've been easier to watch if every battle scene did not look like the one in the previous episode.... and....

they had killed Mylene in the first episode. If not kill.... I could have settled with just a "Shut the @#$% up!" everytime she tried to open her mouth. <_< :lol:

I gave up about a page and a half back.

#1 Nobody listens to whatever anybody has to say

For example abombz, you are about the 6th person to say," I hate how the battles repeat", would you care to read the earlier posts that explain why it occurrs ?

#2 People are completely inflexible in their opinions. I know Keith that macross 7 isn't that bad, but seriously it has several faults, including the fact its waaay too long. People have legitimate greviences with it but you gotta give an inch. Some people did change their views which was this posts intended affect.

#3 other people just act completely disrespectful

A-1 you contributed nothing to the conversation except think that Macross 7 is for sissies, and if that is the case quit watching Anime, because last I saw, watching cartoons from Japan in any case doesn't classify as something that gets into Vanity Fair as being the hottest thing in 2003. Oh and get off yourself, I think you would be suprised what kind of lives some people on here live. They are just a bit more humble than yourself, so get off yourself and discuss about the issues, if you even have something to say that is relevant other than such pointless quotes as "I love doorknobs" and "You are right! I am cool. Really cool"

Edited to piss A-1 off and for a poorly worded sentence, Edited line is in italics

Edited by Noyhauser

Oh c'mon, most of us saw Robotech and lived!

That's cuz we probably didn't know better back then or were under-the-influence. :p

watching cartoons from Japan in any case doesn't classify as something that gets into Vanity Fair as being the hottest thing in 2003.

In fact, anime is, generally, for children! :lol: So that makes us all sissies! :lol:

They are just a bit more humble than yourself, so get off yourself and discuss about the issues, if you even have something to say that is relevant other than such pointless quotes as "I love doorknobs" and "You are right! I am cool. Really cool"

You know, I do recall a thread by justvinnie where he was inspired to keep continue even if it was a hopeless effort, after watching M7. About 2 pages later, that thread became a monkey-crap-fest. So this ain't the first time. Point of this? In a M7 opinion thread, it's always the same people, and it all comes down to the same: Keith is a stubborn kid and it's always the same people bashing it. Well gee, same could be said about everyone and everything else. Everybody is stubborn and and there's always something out there that hates something with a passion. And I won't have it any other way.

#2 People are completely inflexible in their opinions.

And you can't blame people for being stubborn about it either. :)

I said it once and I'll say it again. M7 is an acquired taste.

Edited by azrael

Oh I agree with you Azrael, but sometimes stuff needs to be said at least. And there have been some enlightening things said. I now agree that M-7 is too long. I also think that how the main themes were presented could be better. Keith has also made me think about M-7 in different ways, and that post about 3 pages back about the music being important also was interesting. I just wanted to point out the really bad things about this thread. I too agree it should be pinned. That way it prevents the same old arguments from being rehashed from the start, like Exo pointed out in the "HG debate thread"

YOU WILL LISTEN TO BASARA'S SONG!

WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I HAVE TUPAC SHAKUR TURNED UP!! :D

tupac - "hitt 'em up"

i know that would cancel out any annoying screeching from that...that....

ummm...i won't say it on mw since i still wanna REMAIN a member :p:lol:

YOU WILL LISTEN TO BASARA'S SONG!

WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I HAVE TUPAC SHAKUR TURNED UP!! :D

OMG! Druna Skass just cracked me up! :D

So I just picked up the TV series , Encore, Movie and Dynamites and wanted to see what the hoopla was all about. Which order should I watch them?

I already saw Macross TV, DRYL, FB, M2, M+ and M+ Movie. I still have Zero to arrive from Japan before watching it.

I'll post my comments after getting a taste for M7. I hear things about fruity characters and music, better than DRYL and Plus action and wonder if this will be the Brady Bunch of Macross with Jan whining about being the middle kid again.

For example abombz, you are about the 6th person to say," I hate how the battles repeat", would you care to read the earlier posts that explain why it occurrs ?

Oh? I hit a nerve? Gee. :rolleyes:

Of course I know why the heck the animation repeats itself so much! Its a low budget, cheaply made animation. Heck, even Mazinger Z and Getta Robo had more animation variations in 10 episodes then Macross 7 has in its entire run. Of course its annoying, and no amount of explanation will change the fact that, battle in Macross 7 are fast foward material, and the non battle parts aren't too hot either. That makes a killer combination.

Having said that.... I must be the only person around this parts who doesn't like Macross 7 too much, but loves Basara, and thinks he is one of the better anime heros of the past decade. :)

Having said that.... I must be the only person around this parts who doesn't like Macross 7 too much

You are not the only one. I also dislike it but I have no choice but to accept it since it`s a direct sequel SDF-Macross <_<

Actually.... I meant as in I dislike Macross 7 but like Basara. There are few ppl who dislike Macross7 but like Basara. :)

I gave up about a page and a half back.

#1 Nobody listens to whatever anybody has to say

I'm listening to absolutely everything in this thread. Even the ridiculous theories and misinterpretations of SDF Macross.

The only thing I can't stand in these threads are he insanely childish responses by both sides

-M7 liker "like NO YOUR WRONG because its not magic"

-M7 hater "Well M7 is for pussy's"

-M7 liker "well you can't spell"

-M7 hater "why should I have to spell this sow is for morons"

-M7 liker "M7 is SO much better then macross plus"

-M7 hater "Macross 7 has to much fan service"

-PERSON CONTRIBUTIING TO THE THREAD "but m7 is the only series so far with NO nudity"

*both sides ignore a valid post and continue the childish fight*

Really people where is that pic one of the mods had that said

"argueing on the internet is like the special olympics even if you win you are still retarded."

Now I mean I don't mean to sound to harsh but how old are some of you people?

I mean Agent One I do hope you realize how incredible stupid this quote was

I love door knobs, door knobs like Keith who not only like that loser show M7

And I love M7 and all but the anti- M7 side is not the only childish side.

Now I will probobly get flammed by you children but grow up people.

PS- I thank those who have not been childish this post was not addressed to everyone.

I really hope that in the future we don't have these increasingly stupid fights <_<

I mean Agent One I do hope you realize how incredible stupid this quote was

I love door knobs, door knobs like Keith who not only like that loser show M7

Well, nothing I say is stupid, unless it is a joke you don't get. In that case it is just stupid to you because you are out of the loop, which is the case... Only Mod Max would get that joke.

OH COME ON PEOPLE !!!

Not this sh*t again , don´t you ever get tired of this SAME thread poping up over and over and over and over and over !?

I mean , has there ever been a thread from someone asking how good M7 is without it ending in a ranting and bitching contest ?

You people need to grow up and accept not everyone has your preferences.

I hope you mods read my suggestion and take it into account cause if not this will keep happening every week/month : From now on , everytime a M7 related thread comes up just CLOSE IT !

That´s it , if people are curious about how good M7 is , they´ll have to take the risk and watch it for themselves cause this issue is getting INCREDIBLY ANNOYING :angry:

Edited by Aegis!

You can't flame M7 fans, they're flamin' already.

This proves my point even further you can only argue by using incredibly lame jokes. Really how old are you.

I'm not even going to look into this thread anymore because it is just going to be horrid kindergarten level insults. <_<

But then again you probobly get a kick out of making people think you are a complete and utter moron.

Edited by bob joe mac

You can't flame M7 fans, they're flamin' already.

This proves my point even further you can only argue by using incredibly lame jokes. Really how old are you.

I'm not even going to look into this thread anymore because it is just going to be horrid kindergarten level insults. <_<

But then again you probobly get a kick out of making people think you are a complete and utter moron.

You are right...

Your words have inspired me.

Oh wait, nope. Just kidding, you're a loser. :lol:

Ya' know, just quit reading my posts if you don't like em, oh yeah I don't really think you are a loser or are flamin'. :p You do need a sense of humor though.

And if you don't think I am funny, I will take your favorite character's attitude, that being sissy Basara, and say: If you don't see my wisdom you just aren't smart enough.

TO ALL:

All you kids wander through this thread wondering why we are having this same pissing contest again, but notice the title of the thread. It is asking for opinion, and since I have one... This is the place to put it.