Sad News….MacrossMan

kanedaestes

I don't know where to put this and I know it is not that appropriate overall but I wanted to share news of a member and the crazy connections this site can make.

MacrossMan used to be heavy on the boards and was impressed and inspired by many of you and your photos of toys/ models/ figures, etc. He was so inspired he began taking up photography and sold much of his collection to fund his new venture in life which turned into a career for him in Alabama. I met him off the boards through a mutual friend and connected instantly. He has recently passed and while I don't know the details it is sad to hear but he overall is one of my favorite stories to share to people. A man who found a community he loved which brought forth a passion that changed his life.

Overall keep inspiring everyone around you both here and off the boards in life.

Edited by kanedaestes

Awww, that's sad news indeed. Don't know if I ever had any real conversations with the guy, but even though, I always feel a connection with people here who love the same things I do. He seemed like a nice guy, and it's sad to hear this news. I'll definitely keep his family in prayer and I hope he's now flying in his favorite Valkyries and reaching beyond the sky.

I had a few PM exchanges with him early on here and was always impressed with his character and what a nice, genuine guy he was. He really was part of the fabric of this place for a long time. I haven't frequented the site like I did a few years ago and had been wondering where he'd gotten to.

His presence here will certainly be missed. But I'm sure his family and friends are hurting far, far worse. I'm truly saddened by this news.

You know..this is pretty shocking and sad. :mellow:

I made a diorama for his 1/48 valks 4 years ago. He was truly a Macross enthusiast and a cool guy to talk to about the hobby.

May you forever fly your Valkyrie in the endless blue sky Corey.

His name didn't ring a bell at first but I did a member search and I remember his avatar. Dang only 39 years old.

Same here, now I remember. I have to wonder what happened to him...