Bandai 2014 release wishlist

YF-29 Durandal

Green colored custom VF-171EX from the Macross 30 video game... maybe Bandai will turn this into a toy in 2014?

Green colored custom VF-171EX from the Macross 30 video game... maybe Bandai will turn this into a toy in 2014?

26-macross-30-ginga-o-tsunagu-utagoe-27.

26-macross-30-ginga-o-tsunagu-utagoe-28.

Hellyeah, i will pray for it !!!!!!!! and cheyenne !!!!!

If this is purely a wishlist, then I would prefer some more new molds.

Top of the list by far is a Battle Frontier and/or Battle Galaxy in 1/3000 scale.

Followed by Tornado packs, then maybe a Q-Rea, YF-24, and YF-25.

But really, all I desire from them is Battle Frontier or Galaxy. Everything else is just nice to have icing on the cake.

snip

Is this a useful addition to the conversation? I see you're from the bay area as I maybe I bought your Yamato VF-1A BNIB valk off ebay years ago for 25 bucks shipped :) Oh cool I see this site does actually have an ignore feature so that is in place. This kid is over 10 years younger than me so yep, another good example of bad parenting.

Anyway,

bandai_vt1.jpg

Edited by amptor

VF-25E Heavy equipment model

The VF-25E is the craft that's set up premised on it being operated with the Armour Pack as it's standard load. As it can be expected to achieve fleet defence and the preservation of the front line, even when deployed in small numbers, the VF-25E is likely to be selected as the model that is delivered first when the fleet's carrier air wing plans to gradually introduce the VF-25. As the Armour Pack is assumed to basically not be operated within an atmosphere, there are no examples of it being used by emigrant planets. The head is patterned on the F model, and an additional ROV-127C laser turret is added to the calvaria. Moreover, the VF-25E uses a high-performance data-link system, which has a performance equal to the S model, and is able to do attack control to a wide range of targets (one theory states that with the cooperation of several E models and R models, it's possible to simultaneously control attacks to more than 300 individual targets).

The E models basic stats are unchanged from a VF-25A/C/S that's simply equipped with an Armour Pack, as it's a setting that can only be used by increasing the upper limit of the FF-3001A Stage II Thermonuclear Engines output limiter.

Below is an image to show you the different heads of the VF-25 with the VF-25E head being the first on the left in the middle row.

variable_fighter_master_file_vf_25_messiah_0043.jpg

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

There is only one thing that is on my wishlist for Bandai's 2014 line up: A DX Chogokin compatible vajra toy.

I know that hero designs are the most popular and so those are the go-to designs that make it to toy form but as great as it is to see all the Macross Frontier designs that make it to the DX Chogokin toyline, I would love to see some vajra in toy form. What good is having a bunch of hero VFs with nothing to oppose on our display shelves?

I know the common counter to the notion of making toys of enemy characters, especially ones without speaking roles, is that they won't sell and that the toy manufacturer would lose money. However, making a vajra toy a made to order product would be a win-win scenario. Bandai would not have to risk as much money as they would with a regular release and toy collectors would have the opportunity to purchase something that could make their collection more complete.

Now, a proper vajra toy that is in scale with the DX Chogokin VFs would be large and, thus, expensive, but if it was given the same level of design as the Renewal toys, I think it could be worth the price.

As much as I look forward to someday having all of the Macross Frontier Skull Squadron in my collection, I would like to display them facing off against a vajra or two instead of flying in formation, which is boring to me. My VFs must fight enemies, not have tea parties in space!