A Monster is born

Rodavan

I think the human looks too big if we're following the line art exactly, though I'm uncertain of the human-to-destroid scale compared to the actual official height of the Monster. I've never bothered to confirm the line art interpretation of the scale; it could be correct or it could be off. However, the Monster's foot on the other hand, looks excellent.

EDIT okay I just took some time to confirm that the human height in the official line art is accurate for the Monster's height of 22.46 meters tall. So your human scale figure should be about half the height shown.

Edited by Mr March

This is amazing. What program are you using to model this? What did you have in mind when you decided to do this, was it just for a digital model, or do you plan on bringing this to life?

Truly great work. I'm in awe of your skill, perhaps one day I'll be that good (I have only ever done mechanical drawing, and I'm not an engineer...yet...)

Mr March - Will fix I as you suggest in the next render

spanner76 - Thx

Valkyrie Driver - I use 2 pieces of software - Rhino3D for CAD , and Cinema4D for rendering . Firstly it is a model I use for manufacture ( 3D print or one day make a mold), then to look pretty .... I am terrible at animation , so I don't do that . My models are very big/heavy due to fact that if you model in CAD you have convert to polygons and that make the model very big/heavy for animation.

Valkyrie Driver - I use 2 pieces of software - Rhino3D for CAD , and Cinema4D for rendering . Firstly it is a model I use for manufacture ( 3D print or one day make a mold), then to look pretty .... I am terrible at animation , so I don't do that . My models are very big/heavy due to fact that if you model in CAD you have convert to polygons and that make the model very big/heavy for animation.

Maybe so, but the static renders are amazing!

I am hopeful you will post tons of hires images and link them here (images size limits here prevent anything more than 1200x800 or something along those lines) :(

Edited by Zinjo

Just checked Episode 27. Monster can be seen at Time Indexes:

3:06 - 3:23 (starting up and walking, the infamous deck-crushing step)

8:41, 11:39 (a pair of Monsters alongside the SDF-1 bridge)

13:47 (both Monsters firing main guns)

17:52 - 17:55 (more elaborate firing animation, with reverse angle)

Mr March - Will fix I as you suggest in the next render

spanner76 - Thx

It would take a little bit of extra engineering but if you could 3D print it in pieces, you could make molds from the printed prototype...

Mr March - Thx for the compliment

Zinjo - :lol:

Valkyrie Driver - These models are very easy to 3D print and I have a small 3D printer ( RAPMAN) , but it has very bad resolution . I have tried doing a Valk it looked terrible . For now have done a lot of industrial part for a project I am busy with , which requires model for function not be pretty I attach to photo so you can see/understand .

You can build 3d parts and "combine" if you use 3D material like ABS that "glues " like blocks... sorry gone for going of the topic guys .

post-736-0-67277200-1427193871_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-32371500-1427193911_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-78283100-1427193950_thumb.jpg

What?! If the US has Blackhawk helicopters for the Army and Seahawk helos for the navy, why can't UNSpacy have a Sea Monster color scheme?? hmmmm....? B))

because when have you ever seen a sea monster in space? :rolleyes: