Hey Hey Hey! Looks like there is a 4th Stage

HG Blows

No kidding, Initial D IS very overrated.

The CG is pretty shabby even for the year it was released. The character design (while of course limited by how the manga looked) were animated really flatly and look unremarkable.

Even worse, they manage to deflate what action and momentum they build coming up to any of the racing scenes by constantly switching to a couple of deadpan characters talking about race strategies and etc in the most boring manner possible. I'm an auto fanatic and even then I was barely kept awake. And I didn't make that judgement until after having seen First, Second, and Third Stages.

Takumi is the most boring anime character in all of history. He talks as if he's on Prozac all the time, while his sidekick Itsuki talks like he's on speed all the time. Mogi has no depth as do the majority of the characters, and its hard to care anything about Takumi and Mogi's relationship when they hardly go beyond small talk with each other.

If they continue with this series, they better make some major changes. The only thing supporting the popularity of this anime is the lack of any other series that remotely touch on the Japanese drift scene and the recent growing interest for this scene in America.