1/48 Launch Arm for upcoming Hase Kits

mslz22

I am going to finish up the big 1/48 boss pod build that i have been doing for a member here, hopefully this weekend, then put the finishing touches on this.

I was away on a family vacation for about 10 days and i am busy taking care of a few loose ends before i really finish up and start a new project. Hope to be cruising on these in about a month.

thanks

mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hope your other project is going well.

I am going to finish up the big 1/48 boss pod build that i have been doing for a member here, hopefully this weekend, then put the finishing touches on this.

I was away on a family vacation for about 10 days and i am busy taking care of a few loose ends before i really finish up and start a new project. Hope to be cruising on these in about a month.

thanks

mike

Hope your boss pod build is going well. Just wondering how the launch arm is coming along, I'd be interested in one if you make it available.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

Please tell me this project is still going on!! Your progress looks great, but it's been a little while since an update! I only just found this thread, and what you are doing can help realize a decade old dream of building my diorama! If you get this, put me down for 2 of these!

Kevin

Still on, I had to finish up the 1/48 pod build first, which is finally done and will be posting pics later today.

I don't have a lot to do on the arm and claw, but want to start the actual "base" part shortly. Again there will be the option to get just the claw and arm, or the whole thing including the base, depending on how much you want to spend.

thanks

mike

Hey Guys, so i had a bit of a diminished capacity day, one kid home sick and I kind of drilled a hole in part of my hand yesterday, not bad but i kind of only had 1 1/2 hands today. So i figured i would get started on the base. Not detailed yet but fleshed out a bit, it's hollow for electronics and that front "face" under the valk is the perfect place for spotlights to light up the valk.

More to come, pardon the mess in the photo, time to clean...

thanks

mike

002_zps60241a3f.jpg

More details on the base, the "warning track" was made with masking in mind, used Tamiya 10 mm tape as a guide so when it comes time to paint, you can use it to mask the stripes.

Hope to have this wrapped up this week, the actual launch arm is ready for molds, just need to finish the details on this base.

thanks

mike

004_zps7bbcb4f3.jpg

005_zpsfb8bd019.jpg

So the "face" plate detail is done, I only need about an hour or two to finish up the base then off for molds. I tried to take some inspiration from the 1/48 super box art with the repeating pattern of the storm grate looking thing. I put in some round detail in each grate that is a perfect place to act as an LED holder. Also, on the top i have this area set for accepting some 1/2 inch clear acrylic hemi's, should work well as spot lights.

hope to have the molds for all this wrapped up by the end of the week. Arm and base will be available as 2 separate kits, the base is big and I will keep it as cheap as possible but it's going to be hefty amount of mold material on my end, will see how it shakes out.

thanks

mike

006_zps2a056269.jpg

004_zps5deabc57.jpg

001_zps3378afd8.jpg

Edited by mslz22

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, thanks, molds are just about 1/2 done. As usual a combination of other projects and real life has me a bit behind. This week will go by fast with Wonderfest fast approaching but this should be done soon. I just got my order of metal in for the arms so were almost there....

thanks

mike

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got the weapons set today so i will be looking to finish this very soon. I actually needed to finish up the monster run to make time to cast these as well, only 2 or 3 more of those need to ship so hope to have time very soon.

thanks

mike

I'm purposely holding off on building mine until this is ready. :D   Still have plenty to build until then, though!

The great thing about the 1/48 kit is that it's set up component wise in a way that is pretty friendly to the launch arm. When mounting the valk, you only need this assembly to mount onto the launch arm, the rest will be added on later.

012_zpsfe7fe563.jpg

Edited by mslz22

Getting close. Just a few LED's I had laying around to get the lights started....

Monstar run is just about done so i can start to get these going now.

008_zps09284495.jpg

010_zps5b25aebc.jpg

005_zps5517f098.jpg

Dude, your work never ceases to amaze me, but the lights sent me into orbit! :o

Amazing work!! B))

The receiving unit of the launch arm is threaded, so mounting the valk is just a matter of "tightening" the bolt into the threaded receiver.

You will be able to incrementally check the height/position of the valk by temporary mounting the boosters. They don't need to be permanently attached at this point.

In fact it is very important NOT to mount the boosters permanently until the valk is in the correct position. You will not be able to get the boosters under the launch arm correctly otherwise.

015_zps9e71642b.jpg

017_zpse31f48bb.jpg

019_zpsc7e2b10f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...