Sabotage is an upcoming action thriller film starring "The Oak" himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Directed by David Ayer (End of Watch, Street Kings) and loosely based on Agatha Christie's 1939 novel And Then There Were None (try looking up its original title), the film also stars Sam Worthington (Jake in Avatar, Marcus in Terminator Salvation), Mireille Enos (Connie in World War Z), Joe Manganiello (Flash Thompson in Spider-Man 1 & 3), Terrence Howard (James Rhodes in Iron Man, Franklin in Prisoners), Josh Holloway (Sawyer in Lost), Olivia Williams (Moira MacTaggert in X-Men: The Last Stand), and Max Martini (Herc Hansen in Pacific Rim, Col. Henderson in Saving Private Ryan).

Sabotage opens on April 11, 2014. Since it has Schwarzenegger, it's gotta be a good movie.

Edited by areaseven

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll watch it. haha, is that the first time Arnie's ever used a firearm that wasn't on full automatic shooting from the hip? I can't remember, but that might be the first time I've ever seen him shoulder a weapon and actually look through the sights :)

• 1 month later...

Yes, it covers all services but is NOT used on equipment besides the air force.

Austria only used Russian equipment for a short period after the occupation.

More common is Saab, Glock(Austria), Steyr(Austria), Puch(Austria), KTM(Austria), Leopard tanks, etc as we make much of that stuff ourselves.

Check under national flag:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Austrian_flags

Look at Japan, the hinomaru is now the official flag (since 1998 IIRC), only the J-Navy still uses the rising sun flag which still covers all military branches.

Done here, always fun when auslaender try to correct people on their home-country.

Edited by CrazyDude

You know, maybe you're right and its not on any tank while you served, but it was in use when Arnold served as a tanker in the Bundesheer which is why its on his tank now.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/arnold-schwarzenegger-takes-own-personal-tank-spin-000359471.html

Edited by renegadeleader1

renegadeleader1.

I asked my father last night about it, he is older than Arnold and he sez the same(he was a driver). Since every Austrian male has to serve ....

Edited by CrazyDude

renegadeleader1.

I asked my father last night about it, he is older than Arnold and he sez the same(he was a driver). Since every Austrian male has to serve ....

Okay what about the photos here? You can clearly see the bundesheer symbol.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bundeswehr-forum/bundesheer-modern-austrian-army-125760/

227603d1312348728t-bundesheer-modern-aus

Edited by renegadeleader1

^That's too bad, was actually looking forward to checking Sabotage out but if what the reviewer said is accurate, about all, or most, of the characters being incredibly unlikeable then I may pass (personal pet peeve if all the "good" guys are a-holes or pure idiots).

Did anyone here see Sabotage? Thoughts/Opinions on it?

-b.

Well went and saw this and thank God I didn't listen to that review. He got so many more things wrong than right it's not even funny (I don't mean opinions, I mean details).

That said;

Yes, some of the characters are hard to like. Although Arnold does try to explain this in-movie as a byproduct of the work he and his team do as members DEA.

Yes, plot holes and unfinished story points.

Yes, CGI blood which seems to now be omnipresent in movies.

No, Arnie is NOT the only one in this movie with any integrity. And by the end of this movie you'll want to curse the reviewer above for even saying that nonsense.

No, tons of innocent bystanders are not killed or hurt. About 2 or 3 actual random civilian casualties shown with no more than the average Joe Schmo put in danger in any other movie with action like this.

No, blood was not gratuitous - however the movie was very graphic.

One really good Arnold comedy/one-liner moment that if you blink you miss it, the few folks in the audience all laughed.

If you really like Arnold and you enjoyed Training Day and/or End of Watch then check this out as a rental on Redbox or Netflix. When all is said and done I agree with the C- grade, but not for the reasons articulated in that YouTube review (i.e. complains about what he views as gratuitous violence but then says parts of the movie where no violence occurs is boring).

Oh, and Arnold's character truly could have been played by anyone that was an Expendable. Minus the one Arnie-centric joke it would have been the same movie. Just sayin'

-b.