Play Arts Kai Thread

Mechapilot77

Is there a thread for this line of toys yet? They seem to offer about 70% of enjoyment of what you'd get in a 1/6 scale hot toys/enterbay release in at about 33% the price..and they take up less space. Any fans of this line here?

I don't really (or haven't yet) collect figurines/figma (whatever poseable high quality figures are called) but I recently picked up my first one...the Dark Knight Trilogy Batman...for all of around $60. Totally worth it. I'm tempted to pick up the Joker and Cat Woman from the same line....Shame they don't include an unmasked face for Catwoman and they totally animesized her umm boobies but those two look like winners too.

They've also got the robocop license it seems and will release both classic robocop (1987) and the new one from the upcoming movie. I hope they get lots more licenses because I really like this scale (taller than a 1/60 vf-1, shorter than a 1/48 vf-1) and poseability. The only bad thing about I can say about the one i have is like eveything in this format...you can still see the joints if you are looking closely...they aren't covered by clothes like in the hot toys 1/6 scale figures.

other licenses seem to be mostly from video games (which is cool), like their own games as well as stuff like street fighter ( i may pick up a ryu and some more)

i do wish they'd make accessories, vechicles and playsets for this line though (square enix....can you say batpod!!?)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Meh I don't know. I liked the look of their Vader but Boba Fett (I don't understand his appeal and popularity at all) and the Stormtrooper look wrong to me.

I've never quite understood the boba fascination either. But I think he is the best looking one. Vader and storm trooper are meh.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Remake No.1 Cloud Strife

April 2017
AmiAmi @ Y11300
HLJ @ Y12580
Nippon-Yasan @ Y10780
HobbySearch @ Y12580

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_01.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_02.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_04.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_05.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_06.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_07.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_CloudStrife_09.jpg

Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Remake No.2 Barret Wallace

May 2017
AmiAmi @ Y11300
HLJ @ Y12580
Nippon-Yasan @ Y10780
HobbySearch @ Y12580

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_01.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_03.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_04.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_05.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_06.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_07.jpg

PAKai_FFVII_BarretWallace_09.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

They just keep making more and more cloud figures and the price gets higher and higher every time.

My old one came with the bike and costs about the same same, but the details are getting better. I still haven't bought any of the figures in years due to the price.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

How is the quality of these Play Arts figures? I have yet to buy one but I'm really interested in the Wolverine figure coming out in May so I am hoping people can provide some insight to me before I place an order.

Have only seen em in display in shops so i cant comment except they look good as displays! 

Although i havent played FF, she looks good too...

digitamin_yf25671.jpg.f085b1a4508cda6ad6627e2a114a1446.jpg

13 hours ago, Eslim109 said:

How is the quality of these Play Arts figures? I have yet to buy one but I'm really interested in the Wolverine figure coming out in May so I am hoping people can provide some insight to me before I place an order.

Eh, I can't recommend them at all. Prices continue to climb, and yet design and QC is still pretty piss poor. There are some good releases, but they are extremely few and far between. It seems most releases are either good, bad, or awful, there's no real in between. Odd joint choices, limited articulation due to sculpt, bad paint, QC issues, faces and finished products not resembling promo and marketing shots, breaks out of the box, broken wrist joints, ugly and very visible joints, did I mention the prices being absurd? They have some cool designs, but the only other toy company I've ever been more dissatisfied with would be Mafex, but they are both pretty terrible lines in my opinion either way. So no, I wouldn't recommend spending the insane asking prices on one of their figures, if something sheers off or breaks out of the box you'll be kicking yourself.

12 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Eh, I can't recommend them at all. Prices continue to climb, and yet design and QC is still pretty piss poor. There are some good releases, but they are extremely few and far between. It seems most releases are either good, bad, or awful, there's no real in between. Odd joint choices, limited articulation due to sculpt, bad paint, QC issues, faces and finished products not resembling promo and marketing shots, breaks out of the box, broken wrist joints, ugly and very visible joints, did I mention the prices being absurd? They have some cool designs, but the only other toy company I've ever been more dissatisfied with would be Mafex, but they are both pretty terrible lines in my opinion either way. So no, I wouldn't recommend spending the insane asking prices on one of their figures, if something sheers off or breaks out of the box you'll be kicking yourself.

I can second this. The PAK line just keeps getting more and more expensive and I don't really see any huge improvements in the line. Considering they are in the $100+ range it makes you wonder if you should just splurge on 1/6 figures instead

I agree to everyone's reply here. PAK line is getting expensive to the point that you can buy a good 1/6 figures for $180-200. I mean look at that Wolverine. It's already at Y14800. The only PAK figures I collect are the Final Fantasy VII ones. But not all of it. Let's just say I already have all of their Cloud figures since they started first as PlayArts. ;) 

And not to mention, PAK line can be easily bootlegged. Wait a month after its release and there will be KO's over eBay (sometimes Amazon) selling it for $30-50. And most of the time you never know which one is real now. So if you're going to get one, make sure you get it from legit online stores.