SDF Crash Site Picture at Concept Ships

Capt Hungry

I visit this site: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/ every couple of weeks usually and today as I was going through the site, I ran across this;

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2013/emmanuel_shiu/emmanuel_shiu_10.jpg

I have to imagine that this is what might've been seen when the SDF-1 first crash landed on Earth. I don't recall if I've ever seen any other Macross related stuff, but you will see a VF-1S valk and the SDF-1 at the very bottom of the page usually.

Hmm, pretty cool. Wouldn't it look more organic though when it crashed? Closer to the Meltrandi/Zentradi designs than the more angular Earth rebuild?

I am inclined to agree.....given what we've seen in the series. But I like the idea of the pic.

The composition of the image is great (the helicopters carrying water to extinguish the fire are a neat touch), but it has too much of a Star Wars Eps. III feel to it (out of control spaceship crash lands skids and burns on a planet but is basically undamaged).

The creator of the image obviously neglected the original animation: beyond the aforementioned organic look, there's also the speed that the ASS-1 came in at (aside from its shock wave knocking over skyscrapers, it also lobbed off the top 1,000 m of Mt. Everest!) and the impact crater itself caused the US forces facility (a radar monitoring post, if memory serves) to be obliterated, along with half of the island - which begs the question: where did those fire fighting rigged helicopters come from?

Edited by sketchley

... like the ship crashing in a Canadian forest after the anti-gravity modules burst free.

Funny, as the forest reminded me of a more arid one South of the border in say the Appalachian Mountains, or Colorado.

Mind you, as someone from the West Coast rain forest, my image of a Canadian forest is something like this:

Great-Bear-Rainforest_IanMcAllister.jpg