That is awesome!

Now, where is my S.H.Figuarts of the IE-Girl and the giant transforming DX Chogokin mecha (designed by Kawamori) she combines with to destroy the evil Google Super Robot in the tense season final?

Not to mentions her sidekicks the MS-Office-Girl and MS-Windows-Woman that show up in season two.

In all honesty: do it Bandai!

Wait, what are we talking again?

Opera is now based on the Chromium framework and ditched the development of their desktop browser completely.

They are now concentrating on the development of the mobile version of opera because that's where the money's at.

I'm still using it but missing some of the features of their own browser. They have still stuff to differentiate them from Chrome but it's not much.

I should do some research what kind of data their gathering in comparison to Chrome but oh well knot enough time.

Maybe I'm switching to SRWare Iron who stripped all the calling home features from Chrome.

You guys think I'm joking, but I'm actually pretty serious. I put the flamebait tag because I was pretty sure it would get some asinine answers. People just love to hate on IE, even though it's a perfectly competent browser and nothing will ever change their minds. I use all three at various times and each one annoys me in different ways. It's just whatever floats your boat.

I can't help but notice that nobody can ever answer questions like the one I asked.

For normal use, I find no difference between IE10 and its contemporaries. Normal used defined as browsing, shopping, youtube, etc.

I can comment on some of the technical aspects as well from my own experience as a developer.

Capabilities:

- Pretty much all the mainstream browsers have HTML5 support (in fact some tests show that IE10 actually renders HTML5 content more quickly).

- I have no found no problems working with YUI, and jquery Frameworks.

Debugging Toolset:

- My employer is an exclusive IE user so although I'm aware that most browsers have debugging tools, I have found the IE one to be pretty effective at debugging JavaScript and element analysis (CSS styling and what not).

Interface:

- The IE10 interface pretty much follows the whole industry standard "tab" design.

... so if you want to use IE, go for it. I don't think your computer will explode. The IE brand has a PR problem, not a technical one, because older versions were truly horrible.

If this is serious I'll throw in. I use all three browsers both at home and at work. I find Internet Explorer is generally functional in comparison to Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox. Personally, I don't like IE simply because it's a Microsoft product and as such it suffers bloat, lags behind competitors and imposes "features" for the layman that hinder the above average end user.

I will also say I find IE a problem on a professional level. My job is in software development, managing a team that provide technical support on contract for digital media delivery. Despite the majority of our customers using Chrome, Internet Explorer accounts for the majority of all technical problems we troubleshoot. Microsoft IE always seems to have a problem with HTML, or Javascript, or Flash, or Certificates, or Plug-Ins, or whatever that simply isn't an issue for Chrome or FireFox. The running joke for our front line support folks is; "Did you try another browser?" :)

If this is serious I'll throw in. I use all three browsers both at home and at work. I find Internet Explorer is generally functional in comparison to Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox. Personally, I don't like IE simply because it's a Microsoft product and as such it suffers bloat, lags behind competitors and imposes "features" for the layman that hinder the above average end user.

I will also say I find IE a problem on a professional level. My job is in software development, managing a team that provide technical support on contract for digital media delivery. Despite the majority of our customers using Chrome, Internet Explorer accounts for the majority of all technical problems we troubleshoot. Microsoft IE always seems to have a problem with HTML, or Javascript, or Flash, or Certificates, or Plug-Ins, or whatever that simply isn't an issue for Chrome or FireFox. The running joke for our front line support folks is; "Did you try another browser?" :)

My background is in data warehousing and business intelligence so all my customers who consume data and reports via a web interface are internal... as such I have not had to deal too much with the multi-browser headaches. Furthermore, all our workstations have the exact same build with automatic update pushes, and they make it a point to periodically audit everyone to make sure no one is downloading non-approved software. This might seem draconian, but does wonders what for all of our in-house developed applications in terms of stability. Strangely, we are much more productive because we stick to 1 browser.

I do not believe our IT leadership would stick to IE if it were that unstable, insecure, and unresponsive given the nature of our business.

It's true that external facing apps don't have the luxury to narrow things down to a browser, but I can't recall the last time IE has given me a hard time when I shop, when I do online banking, or stream content.