Anyone who owns a VF-1D?

YF-29 Durandal

An angle in particular? Fighter, battroid or gerwalk mode?

Battroid... I just love robots but battroid + fighter is good too. ;)

@ Valkyrie addict: Yeah it's good but could you get the green to show in the valkyries face if possible?

Edit: I found some more pictures on my own.

61nCrp4H-eS._SL1500_.jpg

71CMyUcdvwL._SL1500_.jpg

71LxFCL2rYL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow i never played with my 1d's. just took it out once... i didn't notice it was green, it's so dark on mine i thought it was black... i better open my box and doulbe check. nice pics guys!

I have a first release and they seem almost black to me . . .

i have both but have only opened my first release and its too dark. Actually, MANY of the yamato vf-1s have green that is too dark for the eye/sensor IMO. I wonder if anyone has kept track of whic h releases seem to have darker green than others (to my knowledge, not even jenius has and he used to detail almost everything his reviews)...i've not paid too close attention BUT it does seem like some are better than others (although IMO they are ALL too dark). someone could make a pretty penny by releasing aftermarket heads with the correct shade of green (already molded in the correct dyrl/sdfm colors)....especially if that person were to include an LED gimmick for the eye too. It'd be perfect, as its not like the heads aren' t meant to be removed. lol. just sayin... although i'd take a simple one piece replacement clear correct shade of green plastic anyday too. :-P

Edited by Mechapilot77

The reissues use a darker green colour than the originals, so they look almost black. The first issues are unmistakably green.

I just checked my samples of both releases and the second one is indeed much darker than the first. The interior of the visor is painted has a reflective metallic coat and the green is clearer on the first release so that when the lighting is right you can clearly see it's green. On the second release the green is much darker, almost black

Is this a VF-1D fetish thread of some sort :rolleyes: ?

Mine's back in its box, so I'll take photos for your pleasure when I can.

1D's head has a very different 'feel' from other VF-1 heads. It gives me some kind of star wars-ish feeling or some sort.

And how does that differ from all the other threads?

Hahahaha i guess star wars isnt the best way to describe it. Looks like 1D wasnt the droid I was looking for.

Its too bad yamato didnt do a 1/48 version of this(although there were conversion kits i've read somewhere) it would have been majestic. Same for VT and VE 1's

Edited by close313

• 4 weeks later...