I just finished my rendition of the proper flag for the Armies of the Southern Cross. Harmony Gold uses the logo for the Tactical Air Force as their default logo for all of Southern Cross but this one is correct. Southern Cross is my favorite Anime and I've spent a lot of time working on this to be true to the couple of images that are seen in the DVD. I took the two screen shots of the flag and created this image trying to utilize proper heraldic style which is what they would use.

I hope you like it.

post-2344-0-56884000-1383754361_thumb.jpg

post-2344-0-00794300-1383754378_thumb.png

Edited by maxoconnor

I just finished my rendition of the proper flag for the Armies of the Southern Cross. Harmony Gold uses the logo for the Tactical Air Force as they default logo for all of Southern Cross but this one is correct. Southern Cross is my favorite Anime and I've spent a lot of time working on this to be true to the couple of images that are seen in the DVD. I took the two screen shots of the flag and created this image trying to utilize proper heraldic style which is what they would use.

I hope you like it.

;)

Great work! And yes, they have been told (repeatedly) they were using the TAF Eagle which is improper.

these flags, from SC, they represent specific, different branchs of SC's armed forces right? Is this flag supposed to represent the Combined military might (think: Joint Chiefs of Staff)? what was the Goverment flag of the SC look like then?

these flags, from SC, they represent specific, different branchs of SC's armed forces right? Is this flag supposed to represent the Combined military might (think: Joint Chiefs of Staff)? what was the Goverment flag of the SC look like then?

The equivilent of the Flag of The Southern Cross Army would be the flag of the US Army.

800px-USA_-_Flag_of_the_US_Army_with_Fri

What the actual Glorie civilian government's flag(I.E. stars and stripes) looks like is never actually shown.

Edited by renegadeleader1

It is the flag of the entire government on Glorie, so in that sense yes, it is the flag for all of the Armies on Glorie. There are only two scenes that show the flag so I had to work from these and tried to keep it as accurate as I could while filling in the vagarities with known heraldic colors and symbols.

Glad you all like it.

I test out the SC section of RB on my 4 and 6 years olds sometimes. Every time I do they ask me to turn it off and put something about Rick or Scott back on. Ha! What do they know?

Personally - I like about 1/3 of it. Some great character interaction and even animation sometimes. The other 2/3s - well...

I agree, there are some cool things about Southern Cross. I need to finish my DVDs of the original Japanese series. I only wish someday we could get Captain America to do about a 1/48 or 1/32 scale Hovertank!!!

1/32 scale and I'm in!!