How Do You Find Space for Your Toy Boxes?

funkymonkeyjavajunky

I'm guessing that most of us on this forum collect Macross toys; but, do we all have a house with a basement or storage to put all the boxes (considering what we pay for the toys we don't throw them away)? I live in a one-bedroom condo with little/no storage so all my boxes are carefully stacked in a closet. I pulled everything out of the closet and reorganized, freeing up a little more space (for more valk boxes :p). Any feedback as to what you do to store toy boxes?

post-5255-0-21340100-1383518511_thumb.jpg

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I have a top floor flat which has small chambers on each side where the skewness of the roof framework meets the wall. This makes the rooms a bit smaller but the walls higher and I have enough room for the boxes of my small toy collection.

I'm curious how many more boxes can fit in there. ^_^

I guess I'm kinda lucky in that regards.

I've got a small closet in my office where all my macross boxes go, and technically it's not completely full yet, but I do have to play tetris with the arrangements every once in a while.

My issue is that I have no room to actually display my valks, so I keep most of them in the boxes, and rotate out a few every once in a while.

If you can actually empty the boxes, there are ways to simplify the packaging for similar valks, namely, fold/collapse the boxes down, and then stack the plastic tray halves together. If I did that with all my VF-1 boxes/trays, it would save a ton of space.

Sadly, since Bandai uses styrofoam, that's not really an option for the Frontier valks.

Edited by Chronocidal

I've got a small closet in my office where all my macross boxes go, and technically it's not completely full yet, but I do have to play tetris with the arrangements every once in a while.

My issue is that I have no room to actually display my valks, so I keep most of them in the boxes, and rotate out a few every once in a while.

If you can actually empty the boxes, there are ways to simplify the packaging for similar valks, namely, fold/collapse the boxes down, and then stack the plastic tray halves together. If I did that with all my VF-1 boxes/trays, it would save a ton of space.

Sadly, since Bandai uses styrofoam, that's not really an option for the Frontier valks.

This. To make way for my recent macross boom my gundams had to boxed. Sorry Exia Family, Skull squadron is more important than you. I keep most of my boxes just for storage's sake.

Actually, you know... before I forget. There are a lot of ways to even make stored valks take up less space.

In the case of the Yamato VF-1s, if you take them out of their boxes and do a bit of minimal disassembly, you can probably pack 3-4 of them in a shoebox. You can fit even more if you unscrew some simple assemblies like the back plate and shoulder mounts.

The way I would pack a VF-1, I'd remove the cockpit section, fold up the tails/backpack, close the wings fully, and possibly remove the legs if they unsnap from the hip bar without too much force. I know when I did a quick move once, I packed my 1/60 YF-19, YF-21, a VF-1S, and a VF-1D in a shoebox. The YF-19 I took almost entirely apart (detached legs, and disconnected the sliding section holding on the torso), and the YF-21 I just folded the wings underneath, and tucked the tails in.

Edited by Chronocidal

I literally have a small room with toy boxes everywhere. Good thing I don't have any kids or whatever that need space. I originally filled 2 closets but it just wasn't enough so I just threw them in the room.

Im almost embarrassed to post this. ^_^

post-11570-0-76954600-1383670831_thumb.jpg

Edited by ErikElvis

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! If you stacked them all evenly in one corner as high as you can all that would take about a third of the room only.

I keep all boxes in my closet, it has a well sized storage top where I kept crap and old travel bags that I recently threw away to make space to all my boxes that have now taken almost all the space there.

My closet is pretty much full. Don't know about everyone else but its getting to the point where I had to use part of my pantry. I could rent a storage space but even for a standard size closet is more than what I'm willing to pay.

Like everyone else, I love these amazingly engineering high-grade collectibles toys but now that I recently bought my ultimate dream car (2013 BMW ///M3, the last and final), I may have to take a few steps back and consider selling the ones I no longer want. Now don't get me wrong about how kool these toys are but that ///M3 sporting a V8 naturally aspirated engine 4.0 lit 414 hp is just a pure joy and a driving pleasure!

post-2271-0-39189500-1383679504_thumb.jpg

post-2271-0-97609300-1383679511_thumb.jpg

post-2271-0-79499300-1383679982_thumb.jpg

post-2271-0-92660700-1383679997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Sell crap I don't need.

Seriously. Ive been selling stuff for six months and there are still a few things I don't use. Shoes, Clothes, Old electronics.

Plus you can use that money to buy more toys!! haha.

I wish they would make the plastic and the boxes like a shoe box, where it breaks down and folds flat.

Edited by Gakken85

Congratz!! It's an amazing car! I see its TV white!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

I'm looking if I can get a good deal on 1 series M, don't need something so beastly as an M3 at the moment. Enjoy!

haha TV white for shooo! You may want to research the upcoming ///M2 also while you're at it. :rolleyes:

OMG...that's the car I waaaaaant soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad! Congrats GHQ!

I've been wanting an ///M3 since high school but never thought I could ever afford one considering all this plastic crack addiction with Macross toys! :)

Sell crap I don't need.

Seriously. Ive been selling stuff for six months and there are still a few things I don't use. Shoes, Clothes, Old electronics.

Plus you can use that money to buy more toys!! haha.

I wish they would make the plastic and the boxes like a show box, where it breaks down and folds flat.

I've actually been selling a lot of collectibles that I no longer want just to clear up space and extra cash to fund my car and maintenance. Gonna go over the list of things that I no longer want or can live without. :D

Always had room in my apartment for my various items (2 bed/2 bath - just me meant I had lots of closet space). For sure the Macross items constitute the bulk of my collection, and of that Yamato the bulk of that. It was a true PITA to store them all.

Now that I've moved back home I keep them all in their respective moving boxes in the basement.

And if/when the collection grows long-in-the-tooth, I just sell of a few items.

But I keep the boxes, just never seemed "right" to get rid of them, especially if they weren't being displayed I want something safe to store the items in vs. random boxes/containers or bins to keep them in.

-b.