Mo-Suu-Pii-Dah Inbitoh in 1/48

Today at approximately 1 pm CST, John Moscato will be interviewed about his latest completed Inbit model.

The audio interview will be posted later today "barring any unforeseen circumstances".

If you have any questions for John about his models, then send me a message through the forum

or post the question on the Macrosshare blog shoutbox, thanks!

1/48 Inbit Gurab Production Model Diary by John Moscato

is now available on Scribd !

John and I had a 1 hour 3 minute interview about his latest

modeling work, some questions from his fans,

his thoughts on the modeling design process

and about hobby modeling in general.

I will be posting the Mixlr audio broadcast at 3 pm CST in the next half hour,

so you can listen to this interview.

If you miss the interview broadcast, then that's not a problem because

the interview will be recorded onto the Mixlr Macrosshare channel, so

you can listen to it at any time that is convenient for you.

Edited by boinger

• 4 weeks later...

I placed a metal pin in between and I'll be filling the gap with 5 min epoxy or thick CA.

attachicon.gifWD_0148 (Small).jpeg

The hip joint is also ball jointed.

OMFG!!!! In the background... on the drawing pad... is that what I think it is...? YES!!! You use the same silver drawing pen as I do!!! :p

Are you taking hints from Yacadia or just plain teasing with that Bioroid ortho? :unsure:

The orange ball joints are Revoltech. The green ones here are Hobby Base joints. I hollowed out the arm piece so I can put styrene rod inserts in there. Since there's not enough room for both stems of the ball joints, I melted the tips to the diameter of the styrene rods. Now they won't be able to be pulled off. Once I glue both stems inside, it's placed permanently. I move the stems around once the glue on the inserts dries

to make sure that they are not glued down also.

post-151-0-04098800-1397177611_thumb.jpe post-151-0-99367700-1397180561_thumb.jpe post-151-0-83489500-1397180562_thumb.jpe

Thanks guys!

I played around with putting ball joints at the knees and feet but decided against it. The movement is almost negligible it's not worth screwing up the line art look. There's additional joints on the hip socket and where the beam cannon meets the main body, none of which will interfere with the look. The ball joints on the arms are almost the same size spheres as the ones I took out. Also, I'm 100% sure that the paint will scratch in those areas if there's any kind of movement.

post-151-0-65855300-1397206727_thumb.jpe post-151-0-42812800-1397206728_thumb.jpe

.......................................................................................................................

The orange ball joints are Revoltech. The green ones here are Hobby Base joints. I hollowed out the arm piece so I can put styrene rod inserts in there. Since there's not enough room for both stems of the ball joints, I melted the tips to the diameter of the styrene rods. Now they won't be able to be pulled off. Once I glue both stems inside, it's placed permanently. I move the stems around once the glue on the inserts dries

attachicon.gifWD_0152 (Small).jpeg attachicon.gifWD_0153 (Small).jpeg attachicon.gifWD_0154 (Small).jpeg

.................. yoink!!

attachicon.gifWD_0152 (Small).jpeg attachicon.gifWD_0153 (Small).jpeg attachicon.gifWD_0154 (Small).jpeg

My test was good but not perfect... finaly i use the same ball joint as you. the result is really very very good, thanks for the idea ;)