Mo-Suu-Pii-Dah Inbitoh in 1/48

Captain's Log: Friday, November 29, A.K.A.: "Black Friday."

King Crabulon's masters... Are done!

This update will mostly consist of beauty pics. I did want to get into one little build detail, and that's the eye. There was just no way that I was going to mold it into the housing because while it's a small model, I do like the idea of having a little red LED in there for special effects... Just wanted to underline that point. :ph34r:

Also, kindly forgive the rough texture on some parts: that's just the primer and the wet-sanding before the molding process will do away with it in a heartbeat. I didn't try to mount the beam cannon to avoid damaging the kit, but I think that based on previous pics, we get the idea. Anyways, enough yapping, enjoy the photos!

post-632-0-97786200-1385775377_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-75023800-1385775390_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-49162300-1385775400_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-60955800-1385775410_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-20431600-1385775423_thumb.jpg

As I expect, yours is the best Inbit EVER created. And I'm sure that it will NEVER be another better. Congratulations!!

Personally, I prefer to put a crystal ball as eye, instead a LED, so I very like the cavity you created to locate it.

Edited by cool8or

wow. Didnt want to spam w compliments but it was great reading you put so much thought into the eye. The blue eye makes it the lead model:)

The resin bar I used to make the master from just happened to be blue. The kit part will be clear and so you'll be able to make it any color you like. ^_^

I'm glad that you guys really like King Crabulon. Ever since I was a boy I wanted Inbit kits, but as you know, there weren't even crappy Imai kits to choose from and so now I'm over-compensating for all these years of Inbit deficiency!

I'm glad that you guys really like King Crabulon. Ever since I was a boy I wanted Inbit kits, but as you know, there weren't even crappy Imai kits to choose from and so now I'm over-compensating for all these years of Inbit deficiency!

I'm like you. I've been wanting inbit kits to go along with my human mecha kits since my teens. Thank you for this.

The resin bar I used to make the master from just happened to be blue. The kit part will be clear and so you'll be able to make it any color you like. ^_^

QFE ... I've been waiting on proper inbits since I was a kid on a couch watching Robotech. Im not ashamed to admit that my introduction to macross, mospeada, and all anime started with that show.

...Ever since I was a boy I wanted Inbit kits, but as you know, there weren't even crappy Imai kits to choose from and so now I'm over-compensating for all these years of Inbit deficiency!

And we all get to be beneficiaries of your over-compensation derived from childhood Inbit deprivation... :lol:

Dude, ever since I was a little kid I wanted one of these. You are making one of my dreams a reality!

Anyways, I'm hyped so here are some fast photoshops of how it might look while we wait ^_^

Inbidsimplegrey.jpg

Tried to add the cannons:

Inbidsimplegreyguns.jpg

And color time!

Inbidsimplegreycolor.jpg

Inbidsimplegreycolorguns.jpg

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Okay, that was rather badly phrased...

Can the cannon pivot or be positioned so that it rests just above the shoulder, instead of above the head/body as you had it positioned earlier photos?

More like in these illustrations:

g1_zps57081413.jpg

g2_zpsb4db241f.jpg

The point where the beam gun mates to the body is ball-jointed, so the cannons actually have quite a range of motion. You can even position them such that the beam gun muzzle is almost parallel with the eye. I did have to cheat a little bit though, because the line art isn't consistent and fails to account for the upper shell humps interfering with the beam guns. Will take better pics once the parts are cast.

Not bad Photoshop images. It really gives you a good idea as to what it would look like one is all painted.I can imagine some battle damage and heavy weathering.

Shut up man... I only bought one!!! T_T

Guest davidwhangchoi

Appleseed 2004 Intro : - Good Luck

hope it turns out well!!!

thanks for the update Cap!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Shut up man... I only bought one!!! T_T

Me too. I was hoping to be able to get another but finances are tight. I had envisioned one built unmodified, and another in a diorama. Set in a swamp, its coming out with weeds and green algae falling off it as it surprises an unsuspecting group of freedom fighters.

Ah, but it was just a dream. Hahaha.