First, there was Taken. Then there was Unknown. Next was Taken 2. And now, Liam Neeson takes to the skies with Non-Stop. In this film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra (Unknown, Orphan), Neeson plays U.S. federal marshal Bill Marks, who is on a flight from New York to London when he receives text messages from an unknown sender who threatens to kill a passenger every 20 minutes unless US$150 million is transferred to a secret bank account. But the bank account is discovered to be under Marks' name and a bomb is found aboard the plane, Marks is branded as a hijacker.

Non-Stop hits theaters on February 28, 2014.

Edited by areaseven

Why is Neeson being type-cast? After all of these years, it's as if they've decided he can only play "Taken" roles.

Hang on, after a year of rubbishing everything that moves, this doesn't get the instant "NO!" verdict?

You've gotta be kidding me!!??

Hang on, after a year of rubbishing everything that moves, this doesn't get the instant "NO!" verdict?

You've gotta be kidding me!!??

The trailer looks horrid, and I have no interest in this movie. I'm here just to vent about Neeson.

Needs to play a Jedi again.

LOL - agreed, but even in that vain he ended up being typecast. As a mentor in Star Wars, Batman Begins, Kingdom of Heaven and now as James Bond for the over 60 demographic.

*Honestly don't even remember him playing anything other than a mentor or "seasoned" spy-type.

*not entirely true, Darkman, A-Team, the Titans movies, Battleship - some of which could also be considered typecast rolls for him

-b.

• 3 months later...

Nice to see from the trailers that the producers realised that other airforces have aircraft, too. :)

More seriously, I believe Neeson suffered a personal tragedy recently and it could be that hes working a lot so that he doesn't have to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Thats pure speculation on my part, but the great explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes gave the same answer for constant working in an interview following the death of his wife.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Nice to see from the trailers that the producers realised that other airforces have aircraft, too. :)

More seriously, I believe Neeson suffered a personal tragedy recently and it could be that hes working a lot so that he doesn't have to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Thats pure speculation on my part, but the great explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes gave the same answer for constant working in an interview following the death of his wife.

Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson died from a head injury in a skiing accident in 2009.

• 10 months later...