Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

My newest acquisition, I already have Skull Squadron in 1/48 but lately I've been slowly putting it together in 1/60. Some where down the road I'll eventually find Kakizaki and some Cannon Fodders, as for today I will enjoy this new 1A. Overall it's in very good condition minus the shoulders which I figured might be cracked, good thing for Shapeways. B))

@Lolicon If Sentinel actually makes a Dark Legioss & Ride Armor count me in. 

IMG_6338.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

IMG_6346.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

Nice! What else do you need to complete the squadron?

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice! What else do you need to complete the squadron?

When I have some money saved up again the goal is to get Kakizaki with his fast packs, the fantasy is to have three VF-1A CF's with their FP's. 

I'll get there... one day. :D

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

How do you like those two? Had my eye on them but alt mode, especially for Galvatron didn’t cut it for me. 

@Slave IV In bot mode I think they are just about darn near perfect, alt mode is mehh, but at this scale, I'm ok with that. I will mostly have these in robot mode anyway.  Don't overpay for them, but quality wise they are great little figs! 

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@Slave IV In bot mode I think they are just about darn near perfect, alt mode is mehh, but at this scale, I'm ok with that. I will mostly have these in robot mode anyway.  Don't overpay for them, but quality wise they are great little figs! 

Good to know. Yeah, I haven’t been disappointed by any of the Newage figures I have. Just want better alt modes. 

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

When I have some money saved up again the goal is to get Kakizaki with his fast packs, the fantasy is to have three VF-1A CF's with their FP's. 

I'll get there... one day. :D

Good luck! Kakizaki seems to have become the rarest to find of the movie Skull squadron these days. I got mine from a friend in Japan who was unloading his movie squadron some years back for cheap. :)

50483259927_e17670f740_k.jpg

On 7/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lolicon said:

Good luck! Kakizaki seems to have become the rarest to find of the movie Skull squadron these days. I got mine from a friend in Japan who was unloading his movie squadron some years back for cheap. :)

50483259927_e17670f740_k.jpg

Some day I shall own one too. :D

The detail work on your Kakizaki is absolute top notch! 

8 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Slowly getting back to collecting while playing catch-up after a long hiatus. 

I’m really glad for these new toy companies. I finally have an Eva collection all without having to go through Bandai. 

0BA9DABA-7B27-474A-8035-A62B61500958.jpeg

I think these are better looking and funner to handle then the Bandai Metal Build Evas anyway, good choices, I'm still waiting on BBTS to get in their stock of Unit 0. 

16 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I think these are better looking and funner to handle then the Bandai Metal Build Evas anyway, good choices, I'm still waiting on BBTS to get in their stock of Unit 0. 

Yeah, they look very nice indeed. My favorite is the 02 because of all the accessories and the color. I did find something wrong on the Unit 00, well not on the eva itself… I’ll wait until you get yours and see if you’ll notice. The 2 youtube reviews I watched totally missed it. 🤪

On 7/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Some day I shall own one too. :D

The detail work on your Kakizaki is absolute top notch! 

That's always how it works.  The least popular thing becomes the most popular once nobody can find a pile of them anymore.  I was buying up 11C's on sale at HLJ for $120 once upon a time.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

That's always how it works.  The least popular thing becomes the most popular once nobody can find a pile of them anymore.  I was buying up 11C's on sale at HLJ for $120 once upon a time.

$120.00 for an 11C... man those were the times. 

27 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Yes they were, I remember Yamato Ver2's brand new for $80. Good Times.

Good times indeed. I miss those days when Macross toys were reasonably priced and you could wait for it to be released, watch/read a review, see if it’s a solid release w/out issues and then decide to get it or not. 

But if you read the posts from back then, we always still found something to complain about 🤣. Sometimes you truly can’t know how much of a good thing you have until it’s gone. 

Edited by m0n5t3r

Chogokin Lightyear XL-15 Spaceship. I impulse PO'ed this, and now it's here... (I wonder how long before my luck runs out from Amazon JP's really economical packing). Some impressions of it here. 

207174684_XL-15Box.jpg.151aade2fd794972f30c0924571614ad.jpg

Edited by MKT

12 hours ago, General Rasp said:

It reminds me of the old Star Wars Action Fleet. Very cool.

Yep and this new line of ships and vehicles are all in scale to one another.  I have a few other ships on preorder.  I would love to collect them all but I might just be selective.