Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got my Fire Valk from Mandadrake! Ordered 2/25, shipped within 24 hours and got it 3/2 so 6 days from when I ordered. The box is in excellent condition dispite the description on Mandadrake and the figure itself is nice and tight. It might as well be new as it came with the plastic wraps and the manual was still taped to the underside of the box.

Also picked up a few retro carded Spider-Man figures at work (Walmart) today.

20220303_122618.jpg

20220303_103321.jpg

EFADCC5C-F67D-4B41-AFBC-DD15673E676A.jpeg.a560a1b89865ce5f7d8d729afeb5ccc9.jpeg

Scored a set of Yamato 1/200 Macross VFC Series 2. Like the Series 1 which have the VA-3M Invader set, I got this mainly for the VF-9 Cutlass, both of which I understand to be the only toy representations of them (thanks again to @jenius blog).

Gotta say I’m pretty impressed with how Yamato approached small, trading-class figures back in the day, including their other non-Macross IPs such as BGC & Cowboy Bebop. The sculpt on them are pretty sharp, with good paint work & quality plastic as compared to other trading figures of its time.

On these VFC sets, one downside are the huge, bright UN space logos on the stands. Visually, the logos tend to overwhelm the figures themselves if more than a few of them are displayed together.

D0E70C3A-901A-4992-BF1C-E767579B3573.jpeg.9065ace0aae121ab0f298acad1c777c2.jpeg

Also had a CM’s 1/48 Dark Legioss arrive, which will complement the Drone version I received few months ago. Intend for both to be background companion pieces to the modern Sentinel Legiosses. 

Edited by MKT

43 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Two new Black series bad guys off an Amazon Lighting Sale the other day that I happened upon! 

20220311_053531.jpg

Admiral Piett: as far as I know, the only Star Destroyer Admiral that Darth Vader didn't Force-choke.

Edited by pengbuzz

1 hour ago, mojacko said:

How is the MP Prime KO? Where you got it from? 

It's actually very good for being a KO. Strong and tough ratchet joints, well applied painted details, everything locks toghether as it should.

Got it through ShowZ Store for U$S 94 shipped to the USA.