Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Oooh, that's a beauty!  What brand?

No brand. It's a grey market item. Was only $129 shipped. It's solid and looks and feels identical to the sabers I've tried out at various cons.

4 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Love those working sabers.  Been wanting a Dark Saber myself.

Yeah might have to get one of those.

I once had to take a (different) lightsaber through airport security. The TSA guy picked up the handle, looked at it for a few seconds, then said "I'm not sure I can let you on the plane with this. You might take someone's arm off." :lol:

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

No brand. It's a grey market item. Was only $129 shipped. It's solid and looks and feels identical to the sabers I've tried out at various cons.

Yeah might have to get one of those.

I once had to take a (different) lightsaber through airport security. The TSA guy picked up the handle, looked at it for a few seconds, then said "I'm not sure I can let you on the plane with this. You might take someone's arm off." :lol:

Do you know if they make or plan to make Rey's saber? Can you share the company or where you got it? TIA.

19 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Do you know if they make or plan to make Rey's saber? Can you share the company or where you got it? TIA.

If you're talking about the double saber that was in the evil Rey scene, a company called EFX is making a prop replica that doesn't have functioning electronics or the blade.  It's just the hilt.  But you can check out places like Korbanth Sabers to see what they have.  There's actually a lot of saber makers out there that offer non licensed products that are of varying degrees of quality.

Edited by Special Sauce

On 2/17/2022 at 2:12 PM, Slave IV said:

I got it from AliExpress. They have tons of listings for tons of products. I just looked up lightsabers and picked a seller that had good reviews and the product I wanted.

I'm fairly certain these are the same lightsabers that all these domestic companies are selling online and at cons, just at a markup. 

A few sellers carried the Rey lightsaber. 

Just take to look at the products and descriptions very carefully before making a purchase. Especially with lightsabers where there are so many variations. 

6 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

If you're talking about the double saber that was in the evil Rey scene, a company called EFX is making a prop replica that doesn't have functioning electronics or the blade.  It's just the hilt.  But you can check out places like Korbanth Sabers to see what they have.  There's actually a lot of saber makers out there that offer non licensed products that are of varying degrees of quality. 

Yeah, gotta take care with lightsaber purchases. Lots of unofficial stuff and lots of variations to sift through. 

On 2/18/2022 at 10:39 PM, Slave IV said:

Thanks, I'm interested in the yellow blade one from the end of the last movie.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/177527

official black series one, coming out in may. there's also the Legacy version which is quite good but is a Disney park exclusive so you're going to pay a markup to get it unless you can physically go to Disneyland/Disneyworld. also the blade is sold separately on those.

playmatestmntturtleblimp.JPG.fdf7299465bd022fa1af5f17ece845e0.JPG

Playmates TMNT Turtle Blimp.

marvellegendsretrohobgoblin.JPG.f44ec7aa458078d8f06500ffbc260ccd.JPG

marvellegendsretrohammerhead.JPG.adcc2c4988f7ea45efe23d7067aa9d1a.JPG

marvellegendsretroshocker.JPG.448b563a20f1b2fb3cbb148408d31593.JPG

marvellegendsretrospiderarmormk1.JPG.c498f2f421e5913247bf9d434aefdae4.JPG

Marvel Legends Retro Hobgoblin, Hammerhead, Shocker, and Spider-Armor MK 1.

marvellegendsshieldagenttrooper2packx3.JPG.d001ec722de87f39072e333c7ea4e1de.JPG

marvellegendsskrulltrooperpackx5.JPG.3887f1269b63bf4f215efd1c893bf66e.JPG

Marvel Legends SHIELD Agent Trooper 2 Pack x3 and Skrull Trooper Pack x5.

gijoeclassifiedcobrainfantry0.JPG.450dbc033513eb41bad9b6986d89d7ec.JPG

GI Joe Classified Cobra Infantry.

starwarstvclukeskywalkerendor.JPG.0533f8b554690f287ec160bd5a64178c.JPG

Star Wars TVC Luke Skywalker Endor.

Thanks again @Shawn  :good: for helping me complete my SV-262 with a reasonably priced Lill Draken set.  Why do they have green wing tip markers on BOTH sides?  I guess they might need to change color when attached, but then one should be red, lol.  Anyway, I only really wanted the armors and especially the sword.  I was really disappointed to find it didn't come with the valk.  Was the sword a movie only item, or was it an integral part of the valk?  I never finished the show or started the movie.  How does this set figure into the anime?

IMG_20220224_203820899.jpg.f0ef6c48f87eb30e6b78554533b3a591.jpg

@Pontus: Watch Jenuis’ reviews on the 262 Hs and the Lil’Draken add on as it will help you out. You haven’t watched the First Delta Movie, so my suggestion is to watch it. Keith’s and the Elvis Drakken (262 Hs both Anubis Head) plus Mirage’s 262 Ba and other Pope Head Ba are there. 

5 hours ago, Pontus said:

Thanks again @Shawn  :good: for helping me complete my SV-262 with a reasonably priced Lill Draken set.  Why do they have green wing tip markers on BOTH sides?  I guess they might need to change color when attached, but then one should be red, lol.  Anyway, I only really wanted the armors and especially the sword.  I was really disappointed to find it didn't come with the valk.  Was the sword a movie only item, or was it an integral part of the valk?  I never finished the show or started the movie.  How does this set figure into the anime?

The sword was used towards the last part of the series. It’s a folding sword which it was concealed in the front section of the leg. Too bad they didn't incorporate that in the DX figure.

draken_IMG_8911.jpg.6341094df0bf36fb9c92d2ab4cbeeda9.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

On 2/22/2022 at 1:56 AM, anime52k8 said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/177527

official black series one, coming out in may. there's also the Legacy version which is quite good but is a Disney park exclusive so you're going to pay a markup to get it unless you can physically go to Disneyland/Disneyworld. also the blade is sold separately on those.

Thanks! I know about these and was asking about the 3P or KO versions. I have the Black Series Darksaber and some others and don’t think I want to pay that premium for what you get anymore. 

Edited by Slave IV

35 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

10+ Years late in getting these. Managed to get the VF-19S new for $512 and the YF-21 used for $390. Now I just need the Fire Valkyrie.

20220225_161724[1].jpg

Oof, that's some spendy VF-19S. Though looks like the YF-21 price went down a bit since Bandai announced their version.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Great purchase! Fire Valkyrie available via Mandarake if you're interested. ;) 

I've never used them before. How's the experience shipping to a USA address?

Edit: Seem like I can't enter my USA shipping info at the check out process. I was able to when I registered.

Edited by badboy00z

4 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

Edit: Seem like I can't enter my USA shipping info at the check out process. I was able to when I registered.

Try using a saved address if able, sometimes my address gives errors when I try to input it directly.

Can also try using AVE vs Avenue, CT vs Court, Cir vs Circle, etc...

7 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

Just a heads up that they're not using EMS for the time being. So it's either DHL or FedEx. Though I remember there's parcel option before. But overall experience with them is superb for me. Great customer service too.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try using a saved address if able, sometimes my address gives errors when I try to input it directly.

Can also try using AVE vs Avenue, CT vs Court, Cir vs Circle, etc...

Alright, I clicked the English button on the top corner and able to get to a different shipping info page and used my registered info.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just a heads up that they're not using EMS for the time being. So it's either DHL or FedEx. Though I remember there's parcel option before. But overall experience with them is superb for me. Great customer service too.

How fast is their processing? Meaning from time order placed to shipping?

34 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

How fast is their processing? Meaning from time order placed to shipping?

Last purchase I did was a Store Front items. After checking the availability they sent out the invoice and gave me 5 days to pay. After I paid, they sent me shipping notice the day after. Got the item 2 days after I received the shipping notice via DHL. So basically 6 days including weekends. I ordered last January 26th (Wed). I received the package January 31st (Mon).

Hope that helps. ;) 

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Last purchase I did was a Store Front items. After checking the availability they sent out the invoice and gave me 5 days to pay. After I paid, they sent me shipping notice the day after. Got the item 2 days after I received the shipping notice via DHL. So basically 6 days including weekends. I ordered last January 26th (Wed). I received the package January 31st (Mon).

Hope that helps. ;) 

Awesome! Thanks.