Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 10/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, sqidd said:

Holy craptastic this thing a LOT of figure! Especially for the money!:hail:

This is how big and nice Metal Builds should be IMO.

IMG_9446.JPG.e31924b1b2bf199e676399ea3235c8b5.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

I've never watched any Gundam in my life (I'm assuming that's what this is) but I've always loved the mecha designs.  This one is incredible.  I've seen other metal build kits that also looked badass.  I've been really tempted.

Wasn't sure where else to post this so I figured I'd do it here.  Have a chance to get a GX-71 Voltron set brand new for retail and as a lover of the original cartoon and seeing raving reviews on it I think I might pull the trigger.  Does anyone on here have it and what are their thoughts on how good of a toy it is?

7 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I've never watched any Gundam in my life (I'm assuming that's what this is) but I've always loved the mecha designs.  This one is incredible.  I've seen other metal build kits that also looked badass.  I've been really tempted.

It's Gundam-e, but not a Gundam. I don't think it has a tie in with a show/movie.

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Wasn't sure where else to post this so I figured I'd do it here.  Have a chance to get a GX-71 Voltron set brand new for retail and as a lover of the original cartoon and seeing raving reviews on it I think I might pull the trigger.  Does anyone on here have it and what are their thoughts on how good of a toy it is?

I don't like Voltron. But that toy is so good, I had to get one just as a collector of great toys and super robots. No regrets at all, it is excellent.

15 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I am a big fan of the cartoon also and got the GX-71 years ago when it first released. I still have it on display and have never regretted buying it. It was the first time I handled a Soul of Chogokin figure and was seriously impressed. It is still the best Voltron figure on the market, you won't be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

I am a big fan of the cartoon also and got the GX-71 years ago when it first released. I still have it on display and have never regretted buying it. It was the first time I handled a Soul of Chogokin figure and was seriously impressed. It is still the best Voltron figure on the market, you won't be disappointed. 

@Special Sauce -- what he said!  DO IT! That was my exact experience as well with the GX-71.

20 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I had pre- ordered a re-issue gx-71, having missed out on the initial run (and missed out on all Bandai DXs, but that's another story).

I heard about the carbotix version for voltron,  read that it will be a combiner and larger scale than gx-71. Pre-ordered the carbotix, and I may/ will cancel gx-71 preorder. Can only afford one. 

19 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

When you get a chance would you mind showing off some of it's posing capabilities with some pics?  Not a big deal if you can't just curious if I want to get into the line.  

Just watch this video.

The poses they show at the end sold me instantly!

Edited by Slave IV

I'm starting to cut back on both official and 3rd party TFs @tekering as it's just taking too much room in my collection, however I'll be getting selected ones though (plus I'm slowly clearing out my collection as well). 

You've got the space to display your collection while I have to cater to what I have presently with limited space and rotating display options, plus I have to keep my area reasonably cat proof as the fluff ball loves to go into my room and sleep where ever she finds space.  

An evil person got me re-interested in 1:18 cars again.:diablo:

A saving grace is I dug out some I have had for 15-20yrs that I don't care about at all and a few of them are worth $$$$$$. So I sold them.

One of many inbound. It's almost impossible to get the General without chrome wheels (which they never were on the show).

Stupid doors won't open though.:p

IMG_9448.JPG

Edited by sqidd