Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 9/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, Slave IV said:

I never got any of the old Master Replicas but I’m guessing the hilt on this is superior to them. The hilt is a pretty amazing piece with great detail and feels like it’s made of solid billet metal. My honest take is it’s a great display piece and that’s what I want it for and that’s what it will be 99.9% of the time. Picking it up and holding it is nice because of the hilt. Swinging it around is all good too but I wouldn’t be doing any play battling with it except very carefully against soft items. I feel the dollar value should be under $100 but we all know everything is overpriced so the $200+ I paid feels reasonable and I’m already planning to order the Rey saber. That should be the last one for me though. 

Yeah, they were pretty nice and durable.  They wanted you to play fight with them.  The hilt does look awesome.  I'll probably end up getting it.

Those are cool.  I still love Marvel Universe and have my sealed and loose collection of them.

7796A2E3-FC30-4DD3-97F5-81357BE92B36.jpeg.c9784a5e9bd92f8942838112518d8d4f.jpeg

Baroness is now on clearance for $12 so I price adjusted 2 sets again.

22F4C2CC-4543-4C1D-9E4F-E8EA74C8753F.jpeg.b65709b81db7557fdc048f8297b85f79.jpeg

Another Hot Wheels Premium Ford Race Team.

99C5ADC2-A651-4428-BE36-35FDA5DE2958.jpeg.301a523425517cdcaeab1fdccfdd2b4a.jpeg

Transformers G1 Grimlock Mini Figurines.

Congratulations! I was never able to complete it.

This was my dream in Masterpiece form, but I can't bring myself to buy Hound, and I think Grapple/Inferno are too small. Maybe I am being too picky. What's the best Jazz in the after market world? and Mirage? Hoist? Meh, I give up.

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

What's the best Jazz in the after market world? and Mirage? Hoist? Meh, I give up.

That's exactly what happens when the market becomes oversaturated with competing products that are more-or-less identical to each other.

Collecting MCU figures has become just as bad, with MAFEX, Hasbro, Revoltech, Bandai and Comicave all producing nigh-identical Iron Man or Spider-Man figures... 🤨

6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This was my dream in Masterpiece form, but I can't bring myself to buy Hound, and I think Grapple/Inferno are too small. Maybe I am being too picky. What's the best Jazz in the after market world? and Mirage? Hoist? Meh, I give up.

Being picky is good. Don’t settle for placeholders. IMO, there are no “best” MP style Jazz or Mirage yet so it’s better to just wait until there is if you want them or any other characters. It’s not like they are going anywhere. 

Part of why I love collecting Macross is that I don’t feel any of my Macross toys since the original 1/55 can be considered placeholders. They are all great for different things with very little to no compromises considering when they came out. Now, there are some pretty crappy Macross toys out there but I don’t own many of those because…see beginning of my post. 

19 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Nice! Congrats!

Thanks! It's been something of a lifelong dream since they came out. :D

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

One reason I never got into the MP line after Prime and Megs!

3 hours ago, tekering said:

That's exactly what happens when the market becomes oversaturated with competing products that are more-or-less identical to each other.

Collecting MCU figures has become just as bad, with MAFEX, Hasbro, Revoltech, Bandai and Comicave all producing nigh-identical Iron Man or Spider-Man figures... 🤨

Hence why I stuck with G1.

8 hours ago, CrossAir said:

As I'm currently watching "Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex" I had to get me a Tachikoma.

Got this little guy from Mandarake for a good price (took the Major as bonus 😉)

IMG_5685.jpeg.ff89a75cc7ecfe24d89f106556c6b8ae.jpegIMG_5688.jpeg.e1122ccdd2edf09d3c1bcd9edeb80bfa.jpeg

Nice! I've been thinking about this... Not much good GITS merch around. Only got a ijiban kuji Major. Wish they had more Batou stuff, or the OG spider tank from the movie which is still my favorite design. 

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Being picky is good. Don’t settle for placeholders. IMO, there are no “best” MP style Jazz or Mirage yet so it’s better to just wait until there is if you want them or any other characters. It’s not like they are going anywhere. 

Part of why I love collecting Macross is that I don’t feel any of my Macross toys since the original 1/55 can be considered placeholders. They are all great for different things with very little to no compromises considering when they came out. Now, there are some pretty crappy Macross toys out there but I don’t own many of those because…see beginning of my post. 

I have taken a hiatus in my MP collection. Just letting things settle for a bit. I have stream lined my collection, and condensing it. We'll see what the future brings.

17 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

Nice! I've been thinking about this... Not much good GITS merch around. Only got a ijiban kuji Major. Wish they had more Batou stuff, or the OG spider tank from the movie which is still my favorite design. 

Oh yes, if MegaHouse would release the spider tank with Batou in matching size I would be all-in! 

18 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

51 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Oh yes, if MegaHouse would release the spider tank with Batou in matching size I would be all-in! 

Yeah, I like the stuff we've been getting but wish they would make some original movie toys. Movie style Motoko and tank would be excellent!

16 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Nice Score!! One for the shelf and one for collecting?

Thanks.  Yeah one to open and one to keep sealed.  I usually buy multiples for a lot of figures and toys.  Titanium Man is a nice figure and scales well with Marvel Legends.  If a Marvel Select comic Iron Monger gets released I’d definitely buy it.

A86546BC-ACC8-41B0-9B70-D0901C1DA248.jpeg.0297a268dde9e642127cdc4ddfa83204.jpeg

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy craptastic this thing a LOT of figure! Especially for the money!:hail:

This is how big and nice Metal Builds should be IMO.

IMG_9446.JPG.e31924b1b2bf199e676399ea3235c8b5.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

Oh nice! I have one of those on order. I usually don’t buy random stuff like that but it looked too good and the preview promo videos they had sold me. 

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh nice! I have one of those on order. I usually don’t buy random stuff like that but it looked too good and the preview promo videos they had sold me. 

It's THAT good. You're going to love it.:good: