Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm with @Slave IV as well on a Max 1s, however dishing out close to almost 50k yen on the Yammie 1/60 Weathered 1s Max from Manda is way over my budget for me.  

Yeah, the prices for it are too high for me and I don’t want to deal with customs.  I’ll just wait. 

Edited by Slave IV

58 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! Was wondering which would look better since 1S Max has a black heat shield and it was never established on screen what his skull leader strike parts should look like. I was leaning towards blue too but black might look pretty good as well. :good:

So, if you have a weathered Roy already, using the black would give you flexibility to use the packs on either one, but otherwise, I'd probably go with blue.

Edited by Chronocidal

I need to start using my rewards to get free toys.  One thing that’s long overdue in getting is the Marvel Select comic Hulkbuster.  Also forgot to mention that the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Set was shipped in just the mailer and was dented so Hasbro Pulse let me keep the set and gave me a full refund.  Purchases are much nicer when they end up free.

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

I made a weathered DX Max. I was gonna do the black DX roundels if I non-canonically posed it with the SSP just so the numbers would match.

E35C0195-DC5F-47D4-996B-2F189B0026F8.jpeg

Looks badass!

Mine's the 1/60 Yamato so the numbers are a separate decal from the colored circles. Bandai would need to release another SSP set with a blue 001 skull, but that's pretty unlikely.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, if you have a weathered Roy already, using the black would give you flexibility to use the packs on either one, but otherwise, I'd probably go with blue.

That's a good point; however my Roy already has the premium finish SSP so these are staying on Max.

3 hours ago, Angesdad said:

My god that is beautiful! In fact I am always inspired by your work, makes me really want to try that subtle weathering too BUT I always chicken out.:p Say, is this Flory wash or airbrush?

Thanks! It's Flory wash and Tamiya weathering master. :good:

52 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I need to start using my rewards to get free toys.  One thing that’s long overdue in getting is the Marvel Select comic Hulkbuster.  Also forgot to mention that the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Set was shipped in just the mailer and was dented so Hasbro Pulse let me keep the set and gave me a full refund.  Purchases are much nicer when they end up free.

Free is the best price! That Marvel Select is still the best cheap Hulbuster made imo. I never needed to open mine because I ended up getting the Re:Edit one which is still one of the best figures I’ve ever owned. 

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

Should have asked for that for Christmas damn. Jelly 

Believe it or not, but I bought this on accident sort of. I had put it in my cart to get a qoute for shipping. I left it in there and completely spaced it when I bought something else. I had totally forgotten about it until I saw the charge on my CC. Totally didn't have the $$ for it, guess I'll have to divert funds from my motorcycle savings. :(

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up another Max 1S to use with the weathering edition SSP set I got a little while back. Should skull leader Max have blue or black skull markings on his strike parts? :unknw:

50784323136_26532a67db_o.jpg

Happy new year everyone! :drinks:

Even though we didn't get to see Max's 1S don a Strike Pack in the movie, I'd go with black skull emblem on the boosters. ;) Happy New Year to you too @Lolicon! :drinks:

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2021. 

Please stay healthy and safe, and enjoy Macross responsibly. 

愛・おぼえていますか

- Dr. Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

Happy New Year to you too @Shizuka the Cat:drinks:

And to everyone else as well. Stay safe everyone. :hi:

A few recent acquisitions.

Thrustmaster HOTAS for PS4, took a bit to snag one at cost, since most were going for double retail.

Superplastic’s 12in 2D light up figure, his eyes glow.

Armada Clone Wars Republic starter set (not shown: the other republic starter set and the CIS starter I also got)

A couple of books (one is familiar here), the other was released by the people behind a fun historical channel on YouTube.

And some assorted figures and Gundam releases, regular retail and P-Bandai.

FE4110ED-232F-49E8-81CA-11B4B7D644E1.jpeg

AB8B6B15-4ABE-4ECA-AECB-369DA7CDCF80.jpeg

F07660E1-80A5-48AD-BB16-2BF5CEA6D8CA.jpeg

C7DF0048-D2A2-4D44-9B28-BDB6ED489E88.jpeg

BEA8AEF6-E3BC-4097-B0D4-9CF21052970A.jpeg

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

Have you cracked open and fiddled with the 52toys green Dragon yet @iguanaman8989? I think @M'Kyuun might be interested in it and I'll get a copy eventually as I got to wait for some in stock from Amazon.

Yeah, he’s a fiddly beast, lots of moving bits, definitely going to keep the instructions close for going into box mode.

Been trying to get ahold of one of these little mamas for a while now and finally snagged one.....

63124499091__D656C09F-A68E-46D5-9F6B-2867A7DB3D7D.thumb.jpeg.f594ad9811be8dc20daf31319ad1b154.jpeg

Not 1/100 scale, unfortunately....but, still scales well enough to party with some of the boys last night!

IMG_7710.thumb.jpeg.a2f1f14087a34d1a89c1abad74fec46e.jpeg

Happy New Year, everyone!  2021 has GOT to be better, right?

Right?

Edited by mantisfists

On 1/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, iguanaman8989 said:

A few recent acquisitions.

Thrustmaster HOTAS for PS4, took a bit to snag one at cost, since most were going for double retail.

FE4110ED-232F-49E8-81CA-11B4B7D644E1.jpeg

Glad to hear the HOTAS market has normalized a little, this past year has been utterly bonkers.. everything has been inflated to almost double retail this year.  Apparently no one was prepared for the surge of demand when MSFS came out. :p 

Calibre Wings VF-84 F-14A.  

I do like the mold better than Hobbymaster (I have two of those), especially the open bleed air door ducts, metal touch for the cannon fairing, etc.   The Hobbymaster wings are smoother, though I do like the glove vanes on the Calibre as well as the swappable fully open TF-30 nozzles.

The biggest draw for me was the adjustable weapon configuration  on the wing glove pylons.  The extra weapons, as well (being able to put 4 x sidewinder, etc. Should include 6 Phoenix so probably wouldn't ever use those pylons otherwise, but only  has 4. 

Unfortunately the wing glove pylons are a fiddly mess and the pegs that connect to the plane should be twice as deep. Then the uniformity issue where some pegs are thicker than others.  One of the Phoenix pylons always wants to fall off, too (should have designed these with a couple more pegs to fill the Sparrow fin holes), both two Phoenix and one of the Sidewinders came off of their pegs when I was trying to pull them back off.  Nothing a dot of glue won't fix but if the draw is different weapon configurations, this should be easier to do.

Also,, VF-84 was a TARPS squadron, so this one should have included a TARPS pod as well as 6 Phoenix (the "Doomsday Loadout"), 4 x Sidewinder, 4 x Sparrow.

I really want to get one of their F-14D or F-14B, but just missed the Tomcatters F-14D CAG plane. 

1 hour ago, Uxi said:

Calibre Wings VF-84 F-14A.  

I do like the mold better than Hobbymaster (I have two of those), especially the open bleed air door ducts, metal touch for the cannon fairing, etc.   The Hobbymaster wings are smoother, though I do like the glove vanes on the Calibre as well as the swappable fully open TF-30 nozzles.

The biggest draw for me was the adjustable weapon configuration  on the wing glove pylons.  The extra weapons, as well (being able to put 4 x sidewinder, etc. Should include 6 Phoenix so probably wouldn't ever use those pylons otherwise, but only  has 4. 

Unfortunately the wing glove pylons are a fiddly mess and the pegs that connect to the plane should be twice as deep. Then the uniformity issue where some pegs are thicker than others.  One of the Phoenix pylons always wants to fall off, too (should have designed these with a couple more pegs to fill the Sparrow fin holes), both two Phoenix and one of the Sidewinders came off of their pegs when I was trying to pull them back off.  Nothing a dot of glue won't fix but if the draw is different weapon configurations, this should be easier to do.

Also,, VF-84 was a TARPS squadron, so this one should have included a TARPS pod as well as 6 Phoenix (the "Doomsday Loadout"), 4 x Sidewinder, 4 x Sparrow.

I really want to get one of their F-14D or F-14B, but just missed the Tomcatters F-14D CAG plane. 

OHO  I was waiting for a VF-84 classic!  Thanks for the heads-up!

Well, Mandarake did me right! :yahoo:  Just got my SV-262 and VF-31J, both in great condition.  The SV was still in its plastic film/bags and was entirely mint.  And the VF, which Manda said had a discolored panel, somehow had a dirty thigh panel that cleaned right up (nothing else, just the one panel).  

IMG_20210105_184704176.thumb.jpg.f71a9f32edccdc8dd00555b71767ddaf.jpg

55 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now your missing the Slavos to fill in the missing gaps on the Draken @Pontus and the prices have gone down on the add on for the SV 262. 

Can't go wrong with Manda. ;)

Actually, I was disappointed to find it missing the sword.  I thought it came with it, but no, it's in the wallet sucking bandai extras.  I'm happy with this tho.  The SV is a beauty even if a pita to transform.

A2258EE9-96FD-497C-BDE3-2D04650ACC18.thumb.jpeg.5d14958fdbaadc6400e88f625935bb38.jpeg

Fans Toys FT-10 Phoenix.

E8674AEA-047E-4C14-8B2E-E257CBBDEB43.thumb.jpeg.368b424ea2ab899c12a81befea69ac74.jpeg

Transformers Generations Back to the Future Gigawatt.

0814AC0F-366A-4445-A5F6-156FE17C3939.thumb.jpeg.4cf929494be0a26187db561433f2a266.jpeg

GI Joe Retro Destro.

4BA89EDE-B42F-48FA-A1C5-6E3062076313.thumb.jpeg.48be32240fed0f2564354b142de48bf9.jpeg

GI Joe Retro Roadblock x2.

4BE6A43A-1D12-4AFF-8CAC-51CA1A25B716.thumb.jpeg.ab9f4182d515c934c22d551a91793f3b.jpeg

GI Joe Retro Scarlett x2.

Edited by sh9000

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I can’t wait to see your pics of Mechander!

Thanks man. It was scheduled for today but is delayed and FedEx is basically like that facility is backed up, dunno when it'll go out so... I wait. Not like I don't have a backlog lmao.

Speaking of adding to that, another one came. One toy away from being done with 2020.

20210108_153435.jpg