Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 5/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Drad said:

I guess it's not really a toy, but I found an old handheld Coca-Cola radio that works well as a soda machine for my miniature model video arcade.

IMG_20200512_145650.jpg

Cool.  Is that the DST 1/15 Time Machine.

21 hours ago, derex3592 said:

That's an awesome 80's haul right there @sh9000!!! Just don't watch Airwolf's last season ---- just don't. You can thank me later! :lol:

12 hours ago, Drad said:

NICE!!!!

Thanks @derex3592 and @Drad.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Got a ton of stuff that I haven’t had time to check out but this one is the most important. 

24D5B361-B6DD-49B6-9258-E9DB94537497.jpeg.a266e1805fe10255f3786d499e07bc1d.jpeg

Waited my whole life for something like this! It does not disappoint. 

Nice Boba Fett helmet.

5C68F617-6B54-427B-B785-0F8D073CDF72.thumb.jpeg.afaec7e7980742f3b6e0ebb57867f8f6.jpeg

Marvel Legends Dark Beast.

F20B7A38-FF2F-4136-A8ED-25CF9A5A038C.thumb.jpeg.d59d5eb71104b4ad387fc4c3144e9416.jpeg

Marvel Legends Retro Vision.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Got a ton of stuff that I haven’t had time to check out but this one is the most important. 

Time to put this along side with your HT 1/6th ROTJ Fett as I know that the helmet is painted in ESB colours anyways.  

Maybe Hasbro might do one for Jango/Din J'Arden/Sabine Wren/Jodo Kast? :unknw:

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Time to put this along side with your HT 1/6th ROTJ Fett as I know that the helmet is painted in ESB colours anyways.  

Is that the Hasbro helmet?

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks @derex3592 and @Drad.

Nice Boba Fett helmet.

5C68F617-6B54-427B-B785-0F8D073CDF72.thumb.jpeg.afaec7e7980742f3b6e0ebb57867f8f6.jpeg

Marvel Legends Dark Beast.

F20B7A38-FF2F-4136-A8ED-25CF9A5A038C.thumb.jpeg.d59d5eb71104b4ad387fc4c3144e9416.jpeg

Marvel Legends Retro Vision.

Thanks! Nice MLs. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Yeah, I might need a complete section for a Boba Fett shrine at this point. Got the Disney blaster, statues and countless figures. 
Hasbro just teased a Din helmet I think and there is that all white prototype that just opened for preorder. I may end up with all of them. 

1 hour ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Is that the Hasbro helmet?

Yep. It is amazing. The previous helmets I have are great too but this one stepped it up another notch. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yep, it is. I got lucky with this one, though. Found it on eBay with the DeLorean and Goodyear Eagle GT decals already applied. What's a good sealer for waterslide decals? The tire decals have already flaked a little which is fine because it looks more authentic, but I don't want them to disintegrate completely.

Now if only I had a properly-scaled Marty. NECA's coming out with theirs, but it's too big. ReAction's too small.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That thing is beautiful! I'm wondering if it's nice enough to make the people who bought the EFX Collectibles version feel some buyer's remorse. It's that good.

20 minutes ago, Drad said:

That thing is beautiful! I'm wondering if it's nice enough to make the people who bought the EFX Collectibles version feel some buyer's remorse. It's that good.

Yeah, like I said, I’ve waited my whole life for this. I’ve seen many of the other versions that have come out before and none of them could justify their asking price to me. This one, I would have paid more for (like $150). It’s the first BS helmet I paid retail price for because there was no way I was going to miss it but if it goes on sale like all the others, I will definitely buy another. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, like I said, I’ve waited my whole life for this. I’ve seen many of the other versions that have come out before and none of them could justify their asking price to me. This one, I would have paid more for (like $150). It’s the first BS helmet I paid retail price for because there was no way I was going to miss it but if it goes on sale like all the others, I will definitely buy another. 

Agreed. $120 is very, very reasonable for quality like this. Aside from cheap Halloween costume-type helmets, I don't think any of the Boba Fett collectible helmets were this affordable in the past. If they were, I wasn't aware of them.

30 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet looking man! I collected Star Wars many moons ago and if I still did, this would be a must.

41 minutes ago, Drad said:

Agreed. $120 is very, very reasonable for quality like this. Aside from cheap Halloween costume-type helmets, I don't think any of the Boba Fett collectible helmets were this affordable in the past. If they were, I wasn't aware of them.

Yeah, there has never been anything that looked this good even at 3 times the cost that I know of. I just realized the rangefinder has a removable panel so you can actually see through it to “acquire targets”. That is attention to detail and paying fan service to its finest. 

14 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Sweet looking man! I collected Star Wars many moons ago and if I still did, this would be a must.

Thanks! I consider it to be a must have for any Star Wars or Boba Fett fan. Even at only $120, it is one of the top jewels of my collection. Now, I just need the rest of the outfit, lol!

Din A'Jarden's Helmet was not announced @Slave IV

It was just a posting of a cos-play version that was posted on Pinterest/Instagram and maybe Reddit. 

The Concept version (proto-Fett) has been shown, however is the pre-order for that one been announced at all (don't seem to recall anything on that version)? 

30 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV Seeing your Boba Fett helmet got me interested for a moment and I would have gotten it if it was available at Dorkside.  Now sold out so it wasn’t meant to be.  It’s all good though.

@sh9000 Is getting it from hasbro pulse not an option?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-electronic-helmet

Edited by Vertex

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

It was just a posting of a cos-play version that was posted on Pinterest/Instagram and maybe Reddit. 

The Concept version (proto-Fett) has been shown, however is the pre-order for that one been announced at all (don't seem to recall anything on that version)? 

@borgified You mean this one?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-prototype-armor-electronic-helmet

41 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV Seeing your Boba Fett helmet got me interested for a moment and I would have gotten it if it was available at Dorkside.  Now sold out so it wasn’t meant to be.  It’s all good though.

Yeah, I think you will get other chances at it. I'll let you know if I end up ordering another.

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

Din wasn't announced but it was teased with a rumor I guess: 

That's the one @Vertex

I must have skipped over that announcement. 

I might order the ESB Fett helmet sometime soon. I've got two things to be dropped at my house this month and another one in June. 

Time to make a Boba Fett Shrine as well! :D

That's the one @Vertex

I might order the ESB Fett helmet sometime soon. I've got two things to be dropped at my house this month and another one in June. 

Do it!

It was hard to get a good shot but here is a view from inside the helmet and looking through the rangefinder. 
71EF6073-37F7-424E-BA5A-5514CE11250B.jpeg.a6a4eb964dba673d458b206b8077ba7e.jpeg2F16F993-8FCB-4C4F-AB67-6CAF99FEC8D6.jpeg.5f2807fb11b7b4a087ab16d6c2201bf0.jpeg

Edited by Slave IV

That's the one @Vertex

@borgified I'm more of an Imperial at heart as you can see in the pic :D but I'm giving some serious consideration to getting to proto-fett helmet. (BTW - most recent Macross related purchase can be seen at bottom of pic). 

buckets.jpg

Edited by Vertex

23 hours ago, borgified said:

Boba fett helmet = ordered!

30 minutes ago, Vertex said:

@borgified I'm more of an Imperial at heart as you can see in the pic :D but I'm giving some serious consideration to getting to proto-fett helmet. (BTW - most recent Macross related purchase can be seen at bottom of pic). 

buckets.jpg

Sweet! I’m in on Biker Scout and AT-AT driver helmets for sure! If BS makes them. 

14 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Boba fett helmet = ordered!

Nice job!

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:43 PM, Drad said:

I guess it's not really a toy, but I found an old handheld Coca-Cola radio that works well as a soda machine for my miniature model video arcade.

IMG_20200512_145650.jpg

Wow! Nice display!

Great setup!  I absolutely love the SOC Voltrons! 

I just picked up my 1st BUT NOT LAST New Age (Thundercracker) Transformer. OMG!!! This company knows that they are doing!  These little guys are amazing!!! Very high quality and crazy good transformation and G1 look and great articulation for their size!  In lieu of HM-R Macross, I'm all in for this line!  

20200516_081524.jpg

20200516_081552.jpg

20200516_081605.jpg

20200516_081723.jpg

20200517_154105.jpg

Edited by derex3592

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Great setup!  I absolutely love the SOC Voltrons! 

I just picked up my 1st BUT NOT LAST New Age (Thundercracker) Transformer. OMG!!! This company knows that they are doing!  These little guys are amazing!!! Very high quality and crazy good transformation and G1 look and great articulation for their size!  In lieu of HM-R Macross, I'm all in for this line!  

20200516_081524.jpg

20200516_081552.jpg

20200516_081605.jpg

20200516_081723.jpg

20200517_154105.jpg

Haha, nice on picking up the NewAge Seeker. I gotta put those and their Jazz as some of the best toys I’ve messed with in years. 

12 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Got this in on Friday. Stoked to add it to my 1/55 crew.

C9988F69-7EBA-4AFC-A5D8-C5CE2C2272E7.jpeg

Once again, amazing collection of 1:55 you are amassing. Congrats!

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

How many do you have now?

That's a fun collection.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Once again, amazing collection of 1:55 you are amassing. Congrats!

Thanks! I think I have them all in either original or reissue now except VT-1 and VE-1. I haven’t done the GBP yet though. And I don’t have Roy with fast packs.  I don’t plan on doubling down on OG vs Reissue. Where I can get the reissue, I’ve just gone that route because I think they’re better.